Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 07:44 PM

14,234 posts, read 4,602,897 times

Advertisements

Canada picks productive and educated immigrants who are less likely yo be a public charge and a burden to Canadians.

Yet, this Canuck normstad accuses US immigration as bigot and racist when we want the same thing

Old 09-03-2019, 07:44 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,385,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why are you deflecting?

What I stated was absolutely true. Canada has taken in more refugees than the USA, and only has 10% of its population. I never mentioned any other country... why did you?
Read again
Quote:
The 14 countries that have accepted more refugees than Canada include all Scandinavian countries, most major European countries and the United States
United States 329800
Canada 50470

BTW that was an article from globalnews.ca - Canadian news source

Last edited by ddeemo; 09-03-2019 at 07:52 PM..

Old 09-03-2019, 07:46 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,674,658 times
Quote:
\
So, I'm going to suggest I have even MORE skin in the game, and your darn rights I will espouse my perspectives.
Uhhh no, you're not a citizen.

It's desirable here, you want to come here, so I assume you pay maybe real estate capital gains taxes?...IDK I'm speculating.

In any case your opinion means squat. Until you're an American citizen.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:00 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,601,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Yeah, I was wondering that, too. Poster isn't an American citizen but pays more taxes here?

No I won't. Stop coming here, there are enough crybabies in this nation who actually have the right to be that way without foreigners injecting their BS. You're not even a citizen; you don't see me lecturing Canadians on their boards about some of the absurdities of that nation.
I'd gladly hear about them, because we do have some. But it seems you are suggesting that currently there certainly are absurdities in the USA. We would agree.

Fire away, and link me to the post. No country is perfect, and it's a good thing to understand the imperfection and try and correct it.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Canada picks productive and educated immigrants who are less likely yo be a public charge and a burden to Canadians.

Yet, this Canuck normstad accuses US immigration as bigot and racist when we want the same thing
Did I say that? Where?

What I have repeatedly said in this thread is that once a child is here legally for medical care, it is cruel, unjust and not humanitarian to pull that visa early.

You, on the other hand, have no problem with that.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Read again

United States 329800
Canada 50470

BTW that was an article from globalnews.ca - Canadian news source
Once again, I never compared Canada to ANY country other than the USA, a country that has 10 times the population. Why do you bring up other countries, when I did not?

Why are you quoting an article from almost 4 years ago? Try staying current, OK? It adds to credibility.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:04 PM

Maybe you would prefer UN Data - https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SM.POP.REFG - just proving you are full of it.

I am sure I pay way more in taxes than you do and as a US CITIZEN, I have the right to vote in the US, just as you do in Canada.

BTW - If you voted in the US, you would be breaking the law.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Once again, I never compared Canada to ANY country other than the USA, a country that has 10 times the population. Why do you bring up other countries, when I did not?
I am not either - the article was - it doesn't change the data. Also the article is less than 3 years ago, not almost 4 and if you look closely - the info was updated with 2017 data, the most recent available, which is what I used.

Prove your point with a valid source - I bet you can't because it is not true. The US accepts way more than Canada - quit being a Troll.

Last edited by ddeemo; 09-03-2019 at 08:18 PM..

Old 09-03-2019, 08:18 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,674,658 times
Quote:
I'd gladly hear about them, because we do have some. But it seems you are suggesting that currently there certainly are absurdities in the USA. We would agree.

Fire away, and link me to the post. No country is perfect, and it's a good thing to understand the imperfection and try and correct it.
I don't need links to tell you why I would never live in Canada.

-It's freezing cold the majority of the year
-Much more government in your life
-Canadians are snooty
-Higher taxes
-Socialized medicine, ACME healthcare
-Gun laws are ridiculous (in contrast, I went and bought a 12 gauge shotgun yesterday; the process took 20 minutes and I was out the door.)

I'm sure I could dig up more.

My point is I just think it's really ballsy for you to come on here like some saint, calling us bigots and lecturing us about our politics when you're not even an American citizen. You say all this yet come and enjoy South Florida in the winter-- which makes it even worse. If it's so bad here why on earth would you step foot on our soil?

Old 09-03-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Why are you quoting an article from almost 4 years ago? Try staying current, OK? It adds to credibility.
I am not either - the article was - it doesn't change the data.

Also the article is less than 3 years ago, not almost 4 and if you look closely - the info was updated with 2017 data, probably the most recent available, which is what I used. Try to stay current, OK?

Prove your point with a valid source - I bet you can't because it is not true. The US accepts way more than Canada - quit being a Troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies