Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 06:33 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,674,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Anyone who is a bigot is not a good person. Period. And too many on here have expressed bigotted perspectives.
So I'm a bigot now? Lol, I'm a gay man. I know all about bigoted people.

Not wanting to spend their money on foreigners' healthcare doesn't make someone a bigot.

Not wanting their tax dollars going toward people here illegally doesn't either.

Bigoted perspectives according to you does not mean that person is actually a bigot.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:36 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,601,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Shrug, does Canada also have 600,000 homeless citizens?

Just my opinion, but maybe we should be focusing on our own in need before we worry about outsiders.

Refugees are a feel good thing for the left, but I doubt that brings much comfort to our own on the streets when it is below freezing outside.
It's not a binary choice of homeless vs refugees. One would hope you understand that.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I know a racist, bigotted government when I see one. Currently, that includes the USA. It was not always that way, and when those that value humanitarianism over racism, it will once again be the beacon it was to freedom and equality in the world.

Right now, the current occupant of the Oval Office, and many that support him, are acting like a tin-pot banana republic.

NewsFlash: The USA currently has a labor shortage in unskilled workers.
The bolded is a complete and absolute joke.

Are you really not even an American citizen?

You really have no dog in this fight.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:37 PM

3,652 posts, read 3,788,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The president did not do anything, he did not make the laws, Congress did. Now they are merely being enforced.

If you nor anyone does not like the laws, then get them changed.

Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Old 09-03-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Why is this so hard for some people to understand?
They refuse to accept the concept of the law being enforced as anything but an attack on minorities and racist.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:52 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
I know a racist, bigotted government when I see one. Currently, that includes the USA. It was not always that way, and when those that value humanitarianism over racism, it will once again be the beacon it was to freedom and equality in the world.

Right now, the current occupant of the Oval Office, and many that support him, are acting like a tin-pot banana republic.

NewsFlash: The USA currently has a labor shortage in unskilled workers.
How is it "biggoted[sic]" to expect those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws?

We, as a nation, owe absolutely nothing to illegal aliens.

If our government is so horrible, then it's time for you to stop snowbirding in FL and stay in your own country all year round

BTW, it's absolute BS that we have a shortage of unskilled labor. What we have is a situation where illegal aliens have depressed the wages for unskilled American citizens.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:55 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,601,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
They refuse to accept the concept of the law being enforced as anything but an attack on minorities and racist.
What law? Those children were/are in the USA legally.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:55 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,514,433 times
Quote:
It's not a binary choice of homeless vs refugees. One would hope you understand that.
Money isn't limitless. Sometimes you DO have to set priorities. Some leftists have a difficult time with that concept. That's why we keep hearing about free this, free that, free the other.

And are they really refugees? If they came up from Central America via Mexico, they no longer qualify.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:59 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,514,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

BTW, it's absolute BS that we have a shortage of unskilled labor. What we have is a situation where illegal aliens have depressed the wages for unskilled American citizens.
Bingo!

So on one hand, leftists are pushing for a raise in the minimum wage for unskilled American workers; and on the other hand, they are pushing for more illegal aliens to depress wages for unskilled American workers.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:00 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Money isn't limitless. Sometimes you DO have to set priorities. Some leftists have a difficult time with that concept. That's why we keep hearing about free this, free that, free the other.

And are they really refugees? If they came up from Central America via Mexico, they no longer qualify.
That poster is a Canadian who snowbirds in FL.

Don't you love how he tells us how to spend our money?

You're correct---most of these Central Americans don't qualify for asylum. Besides, Mexico offered them all asylum in Mexico, even giving them jobs. If these people are so desperate, then they should have taken up Mexico's offer. They want the US because of all the freebies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies