Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 02:48 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,394,774 times

Advertisements

From a guy with a decent sized house in wpb FL nonetheless

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...11fa676fd681b6

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he's "not sure that (he's) ever even heard of a Category 5" hurricane, despite several such storms having threatened the US since he took office.

"We don't even know what's coming at us. All we know is it's possibly the biggest. I have -- I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I've seen some Category 4's -- you don't even see them that much," Trump said at a briefing with officials at FEMA's headquarters in Washington, DC.

"But a Category 5 is something that -- I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there. That's the ultimate, and that's what we have unfortunately," he added, in reference to Hurricane Dorian.

The comments from the President came just before Dorian, a dangerous Category 5 storm, made landfall on the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas. The storm is the most recent of four Category 5 hurricanes to threaten the US since Trump assumed the Oval Office.

In September 2017, nearly eight months into Trump's presidency, Hurricane Irma, one of the strongest Atlantic basin hurricanes ever recorded outside the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, impacted at least nine US states. That same month, Hurricane Maria devastated the US territory of Puerto Rico, leaving behind an island that is still struggling to recover.

Last October, Hurricane Michael, which was originally designated as a Category 4, barreled into the Florida Panhandle as the third Category 5 hurricane to blast the US since Trump took office.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:02 PM

45,674 posts, read 24,150,783 times
All that matters Hurricane Michael last year was a 5 and it was memorable.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:04 PM

7,799 posts, read 4,422,537 times
Trump is just clueless. Pathetically and pathologically clueless.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:18 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,282,617 times
4 have hit the U.S since he took office and he never heard of them, lol.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:23 PM

20,306 posts, read 9,203,879 times
TDS weather thread ....

Old 09-01-2019, 04:27 PM

11,581 posts, read 13,990,238 times
Yet you have millions of idiots that think an AR-15 is an automatic weapon. LOL

Old 09-01-2019, 04:29 PM

9,700 posts, read 5,136,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he's "not sure that (he's) ever even heard of a Category 5" hurricane, despite several such storms having threatened the US since he took office.

"We don't even know what's coming at us. All we know is it's possibly the biggest. I have -- I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I've seen some Category 4's -- you don't even see them that much," Trump said at a briefing with officials at FEMA's headquarters in Washington, DC.

"But a Category 5 is something that -- I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there. That's the ultimate, and that's what we have unfortunately," he added, in reference to Hurricane Dorian.

The comments from the President came just before Dorian, a dangerous Category 5 storm, made landfall on the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas. The storm is the most recent of four Category 5 hurricanes to threaten the US since Trump assumed the Oval Office.

In September 2017, nearly eight months into Trump's presidency, Hurricane Irma, one of the strongest Atlantic basin hurricanes ever recorded outside the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, impacted at least nine US states. That same month, Hurricane Maria devastated the US territory of Puerto Rico, leaving behind an island that is still struggling to recover.

Last October, Hurricane Michael, which was originally designated as a Category 4, barreled into the Florida Panhandle as the third Category 5 hurricane to blast the US since Trump took office.
The fact that he seems incapable of learning should be an immediate disqualifier for any kind of leadership role. Yet here he is, deciding American policy based on what he knows...

Old 09-01-2019, 04:38 PM

68,392 posts, read 54,656,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
TDS weather thread ....

If only weather was the only thing he was utterly clueless about.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:46 PM

7,506 posts, read 6,318,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post

Kinda like obuma visiting 57 states, ain’t it?

Old 09-01-2019, 04:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 4,421,438 times
I had already posted this and the thread was closed in short order. No idea why.

It's just another indicator that Trump is mentally incompetent.

All his foolowers can say is he is trolling or point out an imaginary disease they call TDS because it's all they have left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies