Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 05:30 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's how naive you are.

President Trump or any other President get briefings and requests. They don't ACT without someone giving them information and suggesting a plan of action.

Mr. President -- Coast Guard should be sent to Bahamas -- okay.

WOW -- that's a tough job.

You all act like this is the first time any President has ever done anything during a storm.

UGH.

Here in Charleston SC -- our govenor, local authorities are the expert on the hurricane preparedness....they set the strategy. They inform people.

The PResident hasn't told them to do anything.

Please -- they keep him informed.
Everything has to be spelled out for you doesn't it? lol

Of course their is a federal/state/local govt infrastructure in place to deal with these things.

What in the world makes you think that anyone with half a brain doesn't know that this exists.

I'm sure we have existing SOP's in place re how to help our neighbors in natural disasters.

Still, the Pres has to be briefed and ok sending uniformed Americans licensed to carry weapons into foreighn countrys.

Do you dispute that?

Why are you twisting what I said in an effort to denigrate the Pres. What exactly is your agenda? Are you saying Trump is a bad president because he is helping the Bahamians?

And yes the locals are in charge of most things as they should be. No one is disputing that. But FEMA which is federal is also in charge of lots of things that you probably don't even understand. So like it or not they all answer to the president.

I'm curious, what has your governor told South Carolinians about the President and the federal response? Because, the FL gov has multiple times said he's is pleased with and getting whatever he needs from the Pres/Feds.

BTW, you're naïve if you don't understand that in many cases the hurricane experts are the FED weather people.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:06 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,475 times
Trump had a meeting today on this hurricane and posted charts and graphs of an old forecast from 2 days ago and they literally changed the graphic to include Alabama on it so Trump looked "smart" on his tweet from earlier.

This is the man that cries about fake news

Old 09-04-2019, 02:15 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Trump had a meeting today on this hurricane and posted charts and graphs of an old forecast from 2 days ago and they literally changed the graphic to include Alabama on it so Trump looked "smart" on his tweet from earlier.

This is the man that cries about fake news
"I say, I say, that boy ain't right in the head"

- Foghorn Leghorn

Old 09-04-2019, 02:21 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
I cant believe the liberals took the bait on this... lol at them for doing so.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:27 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I cant believe the liberals took the bait on this... lol at them for doing so.
...and what bait would that exactly be? That Trump took a Sharpie™ to a weather forecast in an attempt to avoid looking like a complete jamoke? Zowie... guess I was fooled

Old 09-04-2019, 04:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Shows today’s Trump faux pas w/an altered map showing Dorian’s path with a black line which further extends the path into Alabama
This is NOT the original NWS diagram — there was NO black line added—Trump had access to and the NWS posted...and there is photo of the original map in Oval Office meeting...w/o any extension into AL—

This is a man who will drown and deny he is wet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies