Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 01:15 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Doesn't negate what Trump said. It just shows that what Trump said is so bad that you want to change to subject to something else. Regean having Alzheimer's during his presidency also doesn't negate that Trump has signs of Alzheimer's during his presidency as well.

Trump repeated at least 3 diff times, many months apart, that he never heard of a Cat 5 hurricane. Even after several Cat 5 hurricanes occurred DURING his presidency. Trump still has signs of Alzheimer's, no matter how many times you say "But Obama".
You don't know what he was thinking.. he could have been thinking he never heard of a cat 5 hitting the US.. Trump never experienced it..

You dems nit pick as usual.. Obama did say 57 states..

Old 09-02-2019, 01:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
“I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I’ve seen some Category 4s. You don’t even see them that much. But a Category 5 is something that, uh, I don’t know that I’ve never even heard the term, other than I know it’s there. That’s the ultimate. And that’s what we have, unfortunately.” Donald Trump... Sunday September 1 2019

Trump has been saying since 2017 that he doesn’t know if he’s heard of a Category 5 hurricane, even as he’s heard of additional Category 5 hurricanes:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1168229088642981889

Trump's unfamiliarity with Category 5 storms shows, that when he talks, even he isn't listening.
LOL. Good snark.

And the bolded is really why many of you can never understand him or can pretend you cant understand him to get your hate on.

He doesn't listen to or do detail and you refuse to accept that.

He processes and communicates info at a big picture level. Its a very common style for people who find themselves in leadership positions. It's one of the reasons they end up in leadership positions.

He doesn't like dealing with details and farms that out to others.

Lots of you probably work for executives like this. The difference is those executives are answerable to other people and so they have learned to discipline themselves to master details like it or not or they know to surround themselves with people who will handle the details for them.

Trump instead just decides what his talking point is for a particular subject and he uses that whenever the subject comes up. In all of the above examples, he's only trying to convey the seriousness of a particular storm and that's what he does albeit imprecisely and even sometimes incorrectly.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:18 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
“I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I’ve seen some Category 4s. You don’t even see them that much. But a Category 5 is something that, uh, I don’t know that I’ve never even heard the term, other than I know it’s there. That’s the ultimate. And that’s what we have, unfortunately.” Donald Trump... Sunday September 1 2019

Trump has been saying since 2017 that he doesn’t know if he’s heard of a Category 5 hurricane, even as he’s heard of additional Category 5 hurricanes:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1168229088642981889

Trump's unfamiliarity with Category 5 storms shows, that when he talks, even he isn't listening.
This is not just an oopsie. There is a definite pattern developing.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This is not just an oopsie. There is a definite pattern developing.
Are you serious that you cannot see with this all laid out he uses the same talking point every time to get a message across.

He cant keep the details straight because he's not a detail oriented person.

So he throws out one detail that he knows everyone understands CAT 5 to say in effect "this is a monster storm"

It should be obvious to anyone I would think.

It would actually be a genius communication strategy for someone not good on details except that so many people hate him and wait with bated breath to pick apart everything he says.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:28 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
He obviously meant he’s never experienced a cat 5 hurricane. I’m sure few people have. Why moronic lefties want to twist his words shows their shallowness.

How do you know what he meant? Are you some kind of a long distance mind reader? He SAID he'd never heard of them on more than one occasion and since that's what he said then that's what he meant. Why can't you accept what he said?

You are the one who is actually twisting his words in your own mind to mean something different in your lame attempt to make excuses for his rapidly deteriorating mind. The man is clearly suffering from all the classic symptoms of early onset dementia. It's so obvious in him that it's like a slap in the face that everyone of you should be reeling from the obviousness of it. It's time for you to get a grip on reality and stop trying to fool yourself.

Everyone, both supporters and non supporters alike needs to get serious about the President's failing state of mind and all cooperate with each other to peacefully get him out of there before he becomes the cause of something utterly catastrophic.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Well putting aside that there are lots more people involved than National Hurricane, do you really believe if a President asks for hourly briefings he wont get it? Get real.

They would give him 5 minute briefings if he asked for it.
The report of hourly reporting was silly. It doesn't prove anything -- doesn't prove his attention. Because hourly reports are insignificant...lol.

They were trying to 'pretend' that he was paying attention.

Reality -- there is nothing he can do, he didn't need hourly reportings. Who cares if he plays golf, he has nothing to offer those of us who need to be paying attention.

Why would they bother lying?
We have been following hurricanes like this for years with the National Hurricane Center -- we know that they do three hour reportings....with the one at 5 pm being the most critical...every hour is not effective...and especially on a storm moving one mile an hour

Old 09-02-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The report of hourly reporting was silly. It doesn't prove anything -- doesn't prove his attention. Because hourly reports are insignificant...lol.

They were trying to 'pretend' that he was paying attention.

Reality -- there is nothing he can do, he didn't need hourly reportings. Who cares if he plays golf, he has nothing to offer those of us who need to be paying attention.

Why would they bother lying?
We have been following hurricanes like this for years with the National Hurricane Center -- we know that they do three hour reportings....with the one at 5 pm being the most critical...every hour is not effective...and especially on a storm moving one mile an hour
Like I said there is lots more he probably wants to be briefed on than how the hurricane is moving.

Coast Guard has updates.

The state govts or county govts have updates probably given to FEMA and or Gov's calling the Pres.

Has more fuel been moved in. Is the water stockpiled. Are the linemen in place to get the power back up. People in place to clean up debris.

Who's being evacuated.

Etc. Etc. Etc. Lots more moving parts than just the actual hurricane.

Hourly doesn't seem unreasonable to me, even if its just a nothing new to report.

He's commented on many of these things so obviously he is getting briefed on them whether you believe it or not lol.

Old 09-02-2019, 02:51 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
I didn’t elect a weatherman, this statement has zero impact on my everyday life, no surprise the left tries to make it into the important story of the day

Old 09-02-2019, 04:39 PM

412 posts, read 145,707 times
Trump shows being president is easy.

Easily the greatest in my lifetime going back to Carter and yet he sounds so out of it here.

It's kind of amazing. You can't say he's drunk because he doesn't drink

Old 09-02-2019, 04:40 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You believe his job is being the nation's weatherman? Lol
No, but his job is to know what is going on and what threats are to our nation whether it is from a storm or an enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies