Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,519,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
... he is being kept briefed about what's going on ....
He is being briefed about what's going on and he STILL screws it up. His short term memory is so bad (Alzheimer's ) that he cannot remember what he was told during his briefing which occurred just prior to his statements.

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-02-2019 at 12:27 PM..

Old 09-02-2019, 11:29 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,457,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He is being briefed about what's going on and he STILL screws it up. His short term memory is so bad (Alzheimer's ) that he cannot remember what he was told during his briefing which occurred just prior prior to his statements.
I'm sure those briefings didn't include a history on hurricanes lol.

He misspoke on AL. AL was originally in the mix very early on.

Its not a perfect world. Get over it. I'm sure people in AL are not losing sleep over his slip of the tongue.

I'm going to guess you do not have the qualifications to diagnose Alzheimer's from a distance.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:35 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,717,355 times
“I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I’ve seen some Category 4s. You don’t even see them that much. But a Category 5 is something that, uh, I don’t know that I’ve never even heard the term, other than I know it’s there. That’s the ultimate. And that’s what we have, unfortunately.” Donald Trump... Sunday September 1 2019

Trump has been saying since 2017 that he doesn’t know if he’s heard of a Category 5 hurricane, even as he’s heard of additional Category 5 hurricanes:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1168229088642981889

Trump's unfamiliarity with Category 5 storms shows, that when he talks, even he isn't listening.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:52 AM

35,760 posts, read 21,122,405 times
Quote:
Actually, the state governors declare the state of emergency and then the Pres signs off.

I guess you missed that was already done on Friday for FL.

Now that GA, SC and NC are also involved I'm sure that has either been done or will be soon for them.

Anything else you need from the Pres?
Now you understand that once those requests come from the states - he must sign and declare it so! He has to decide the states cannot do it alone. Wow -we getting some where to what his job is ! And if the amount is much higher than the normal amount, the prez must ask Congress for more funding. So the guy must know what a Cat 5 is and how much damage it will inflict before he gives away Fed money!!
Why do you feel a need to protect mrT?
What I just posted along with your post indicates the man has to know what a cat 5 means !

Old 09-02-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Now you understand that once those requests come from the states - he must sign and declare it so! He has to decide the states cannot do it alone. Wow -we getting some where to what his job is ! And if the amount is much higher than the normal amount, the prez must ask Congress for more funding. So the guy must know what a Cat 5 is and how much damage it will inflict before he gives away Fed money!!
Why do you feel a need to protect mrT?
What I just posted along with your post indicates the man has to know what a cat 5 means !
Please move on to something other than explaining things to me that I already know and have already explained to you lol.

BTW money wont be given to the states based on the Category #

And no one said Trump doesn't know what a CAT 5 is. There's a difference between knowing what CAT 5 means and having personal memory of specific storms and their categories especially when they are one category at sea and a different one when making landfall.

It is simply not the Presidents job(any president) to keep track of those details. He needs to be focused on the big picture as he clearly is.

There are plenty of worker bees to fill in all the details for those of you who need everything spelled out. Go to the weather channel or NWS.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:30 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,519,845 times
Quote:

He misspoke on AL.
He didn't misspeak on Alabama. He spoke about Alabama on TV and he also sent a tweet about Alabama. Two different AL screw ups and both occurred AFTER the forecast moved eastward. He really thinks Alabama is on the Atlantic coast. He mentioned AL along with GA, NC, SC and FL.

You wish he misspoke.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:50 PM

33,593 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
From a guy with a decent sized house in wpb FL nonetheless

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...11fa676fd681b6

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he's "not sure that (he's) ever even heard of a Category 5" hurricane, despite several such storms having threatened the US since he took office.

"We don't even know what's coming at us. All we know is it's possibly the biggest. I have -- I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I've seen some Category 4's -- you don't even see them that much," Trump said at a briefing with officials at FEMA's headquarters in Washington, DC.

"But a Category 5 is something that -- I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there. That's the ultimate, and that's what we have unfortunately," he added, in reference to Hurricane Dorian.

The comments from the President came just before Dorian, a dangerous Category 5 storm, made landfall on the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas. The storm is the most recent of four Category 5 hurricanes to threaten the US since Trump assumed the Oval Office.

In September 2017, nearly eight months into Trump's presidency, Hurricane Irma, one of the strongest Atlantic basin hurricanes ever recorded outside the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, impacted at least nine US states. That same month, Hurricane Maria devastated the US territory of Puerto Rico, leaving behind an island that is still struggling to recover.

Last October, Hurricane Michael, which was originally designated as a Category 4, barreled into the Florida Panhandle as the third Category 5 hurricane to blast the US since Trump took office.
I don't know what a Cat 5 is either.. never experienced it.. knew it existed .. never felt the impact.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
He didn't misspeak on Alabama. He spoke about Alabama on TV and he also sent a tweet about Alabama. Two different AL screw ups and both occurred AFTER the forecast moved eastward. He really thinks Alabama is on the Atlantic coast. He mentioned AL along with GA, NC, SC and FL.

You wish he misspoke.
Oh please. You cant spend as much time in FL as Trump has during his life without knowing AL is directly north of the FL panhandle. You see it every time you look at a weather map.

I don't know why he misspoke/mistyped but I am not concerned about it and I certainly don't believe he thinks AL is on the east coast. Where? between NC and Virginia? North of MD. That's a ludicrous claim.

You don't even know if he tweeted it as I'm sure he doesn't do all his tweets. Maybe whoever did it heard him misspeak and didn't know about the updated forecast. Stuff happens. It has no impact on anything.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,660,732 times
Quote:

You wish he misspoke.
A lot of tracks showed it going to Alabama four days ago.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:02 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,104,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
“I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard of a Category 5. I knew it existed. And I’ve seen some Category 4s. You don’t even see them that much. But a Category 5 is something that, uh, I don’t know that I’ve never even heard the term, other than I know it’s there. That’s the ultimate. And that’s what we have, unfortunately.” Donald Trump... Sunday September 1 2019

Trump has been saying since 2017 that he doesn’t know if he’s heard of a Category 5 hurricane, even as he’s heard of additional Category 5 hurricanes:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1168229088642981889

Trump's unfamiliarity with Category 5 storms shows, that when he talks, even he isn't listening.
Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies