Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 10:55 AM

10,796 posts, read 3,625,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Were there or were there not tracks that showed it going through Alabama?
No... there were not.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:56 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,677,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess you weren't around during the Obama years.
Yes I was and had a big Obama sticker on the car
But did not get beat up or my windows smashed for it
That is the problem friend it’s not that I don’t remember the problem is I do

Old 09-02-2019, 11:03 AM

5,904 posts, read 3,930,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So ask the same question of Biden and see what you get.

Terminal TDS op.

Liberal hate and fear mongers mimic Farr Side cartoons.

what the people said .... what the cows heard

What trump said... what liberals heard.

As cops interrogating a suspect, they claim the accused said.... "I killed the bartender'.

Prosecutor, screams at the defendant, "Did you say "I killed the bartender?". If yes the guy is guilty, if no, the guy is guilty of lying to the court.

The unaltered tape in court reveals the cops and prosecutor ignored the statement was in the form of a question.

Either trump haters are totally ignorant of the english language and its nuance or they are masters at wordsmithing, punctuation and extraction of phrases contained within a statement to create new context.
How many creative excuses are you going to make for this guy? You must be on the payroll.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:03 AM

35,845 posts, read 21,244,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
It wouldn't take mental gymnastics for you to understand if you read the whole article posted in the OP.

It clearly states albeit at the very bottom that the first time he started talking about hurricanes in Oct 2017 that he said no one had heard of a Cat 5 hitting land.

I wasn't defending him.....just saying its clear to me what he means.
He gets flown to all the areas that been hit by a CAT 5 !! Most people in the other parts of the nation may not understand- but this guy has to allocate funds and order humanitarian help, so he is briefed to the hilt! Then taken there for photo shoots to make him look like he cares. No way on this one - he knows !

Old 09-02-2019, 11:04 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,486,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Further moronically, he has repeated this every time we have had a major hurricane. The only time he knows about Cat 5 is when it is not a Cat 5. Duh!

"...This isn’t the first time that Trump has expressed shock at a Category 5 storm. When Hurricane Irma struck Florida in 2017, Trump said he “never even knew a Category 5 existed...

Then when Hurricane Michael struck the Florida Panhandle last year as a Category 5 storm, Trump again said he hadn’t heard of a Category 5 storm...

"...when it comes to Hurricane Maria, which hit Puerto Rico in 2017, obliterating the island’s infrastructure, Trump has repeatedly called the storm a Category 5 — though it was a Category 4 storm at landfall..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...nl_most&wpmm=1
LMAO at WAPO's claim that anything Trump said about CAT 5 storms will impede, delay or hamper the Federal response or anyone else's response to Dorian.

Talk about stupidity. Actually, in this case I think its blatant dishonesty.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He gets flown to all the areas that been hit by a CAT 5 !! Most people in the other parts of the nation may not understand- but this guy has to allocate funds and order humanitarian help, so he is briefed to the hilt! Then taken there for photo shoots to make him look like he cares. No way on this one - he knows !
Its extremely unlikely he or anyone else will see this storm hit the US as a CAT 5.

But, the bottom line is who cares whether or not the Pres has a perfect recall of the history/category of all recorded hurricanes?

That's not his job.

His job is to convey to people the seriousness of the storm threat and urge them to listen to local officials who are also receiving information from federally funded agencies watching/forecasting the storm.

Further to reassure people that he is being kept briefed about what's going on and has Federal resources in place or ready to be deployed to assist people who need help after the storm.

That's it....that's his job. He's done all that. What more do you want?

Is there anyone out there who hasn't understood from what he said that this is a storm with the potential to cause life threatening damage depending how close it comes to the coast? I think not.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
LMAO at WAPO's claim that anything Trump said about CAT 5 storms will impede, delay or hamper the Federal response or anyone else's response to Dorian.

Talk about stupidity. Actually, in this case I think its blatant dishonesty.
He has to sign off dearie. He declares an “Emergency situation” or a “Major Disaster”declaration. Congress allocates, he signs the check...it’s the way out government works - study our process He just moved thousands from FEMA - they will need more funding Dorian touches the east coast all.

I can see why they follow mrT

Last edited by tinytrump; 09-02-2019 at 11:25 AM..

Old 09-02-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Its extremely unlikely he or anyone else will see this storm hit the US as a CAT 5.

But, the bottom line is who cares whether or not the Pres has a perfect recall of the history/category of all recorded hurricanes?

That's not his job.

His job is to convey to people the seriousness of the storm threat and urge them to listen to local officials who are also receiving information from federally funded agencies watching/forecasting the storm.

Further to reassure people that he is being kept briefed about what's going on and has Federal resources in place or ready to be deployed to assist people who need help after the storm.

That's it....that's his job. He's done all that. What more do you want?

Is there anyone out there who hasn't understood from what he said that this is a storm with the potential to cause life threatening damage depending how close it comes to the coast? I think not.
Read my next post. Try to remember civics class please.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He has to sign off dearie. He declares an “Emergency situation” or a Major Disaster declaration. Congress allocates, he signs the check...it’s the way out government works - study our process He just moved thousands from FEMA - they will need more funding Dorian touches the east coast all.

I can see why they follow mrT

Actually, the state governors declare the state of emergency and then the Pres signs off.

I guess you missed that was already done on Friday for FL.

Now that GA, SC and NC are also involved I'm sure that has either been done or will be soon for them.

Anything else you need from the Pres?

Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,579,450 times
Quote:
... he is being kept briefed about what's going on ....
He is being briefed about what's going on and he STILL screws it up. His short term memory is so bad (Alzheimer's ) that he cannot remember what he was told during his briefing which occurred just prior to his statements.

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-02-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies