Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 07:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

tRump" "I'm a stable genius and I'm always right!"

Trumplings: "tRump's a genius and he's always right!"

tRump NOAA appointee: "uh... yeah... what they said."

"Somebody put out an anonymous memo saying tRump was right, OK?"

Old 09-09-2019, 08:02 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
I think Trump is on to something with this sharpie business. He could take a map of the U.S., draw a wall along the Southern border, and say "mission accomplished". The Trumpies would eat it up: "Still winning."

Old 09-09-2019, 08:05 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
America. Where a man gets elected but it doesn't matter how he communicates as long as he gets the job done.
WTF???? New, bigly better healthcare plan? Wall with Mexico that they'd pay for? Trade deal with China? Troops home from the middle east?

Now this: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...Yu9?li=AAggNb9

Where's the nuclear arms treaty with N. Korea after Trump's embarrassing multiple butt kissing sessions with Kimmy?

AND; the country developing nukes that did have a treaty and had stopped developing nukes, Trump put back into the arms race by tearing up the treaty.

I'd like to work for some of you if your ability to judge job performance is this obviously skewed. Cripes; I could stay home and never show up and you'd likely never notice as long as I tweeted how good a job I was doing.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:24 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It matters a great deal how he communicates, for a whole lot of reasons. So many very important issues that he needs to be very clear on, you can't leave people scratching their heads on the time.

Oooops.……...dontcha hate when that happens!

Thanks for giving us an example that perfectly clear communication is not necessary for people to understand what you mean...…...sames goes for the president.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:12 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Oooops.……...dontcha hate when that happens!

Thanks for giving us an example that perfectly clear communication is not necessary for people to understand what you mean...…...sames goes for the president.
I'm not the president.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Chief scientist at NOAA is going to “look into” the weather map incident

This is like Captain Queeg “The Caine Mutiny” except it’s way more than a gallon of strawberry ice cream that needs investigating...
But Trump could probably get behind who the real thieves were...

Old 09-09-2019, 01:57 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
The guys of Before it's news have a crazy imagination as usual to explain why Trump said then Dorian would had hit Alabama.
The Real Reason Why Donald Trump Said That Alabama Was in the Path of Hurricane Dorian | Blogging/Citizen Journalism

If they wanted to giving us a laugh, they miss the target by that much.
That wasn’t The Onion???

Some people....

Old 09-09-2019, 02:04 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
In this debate I have only one question: who was right?

Here, its clear that President Trump was right in that some projection models DID have the storm impacting Alabama. The NWS fool who felt the need to take to Twitter and state that Alabama was not threatened was wrong as he did so unequivocally. Without exception.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:12 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Chief scientist at NOAA is going to “look into” the weather map incident

This is like Captain Queeg “The Caine Mutiny” except it’s way more than a gallon of strawberry ice cream that needs investigating...
But Trump could probably get behind who the real thieves were...
Good...…...I hope he will tell us if the Birmingham office even had jurisdiction over the part of AL that had potential for storm force winds. As far as I can tell they are under the jurisdiction of Tallahassee NWS.

Also, perhaps he can tell us what the NWS SOP for including % of wind probabilities in a forecast is.

Then he can clear up why NOAA/NWS dumped their job on the Coast Guard.

Then he can give us his scientific opinion on what he thinks of the communication skills of his coworkers in Birmingham. I.E...………..scientifically, or just practically speaking is it a good idea to undermine the person you want to be on tv telling people to listen to local authorities?

I welcome his scientific explanation.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:15 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
That UNSIGNED letter from the NOAA was highly suspect and does not prove he was right. All it proves is that Trump is politicizing the NOAA. Trump was and is wrong.
Nice try.. but you fail.. NOAA did not make a political statement. They showed all the paths that Dorian could have taken and showed that Trump was right again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies