Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 09:43 AM

25,437 posts, read 9,796,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Rep.

He doesn't get or pay attention to his daily briefs.

Thankfully the people really important are paying attention and he's really just a figurehead. Tweeter 'n Chief. President Sharpie. Hands out medals to his friends. Nothing important really.

Hope the enemy is kept at bay during this time of being lax at the WH. We don't need another 9/11. But it is concerning and we've got our guard down right now w/ this idiot in office. Very important that the directors and important folks in DoD, CIA, National Security are on top of things. But how do we know, right?
The fact that the leader of the free world is more concerned about sharpie gate than the state of the country is pretty telling. Watching him is like watching a toddler in a play pen. Oooh, let's look at the nice shiny object! As you said, thankfully the real adults in the room are making sure we're safe and taking care of the business of the country. Hopefully. Sure can't depend on the toddler-in-chief.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:44 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Did the NWS issue updated maps between Aug 29th (the map tRump and YOU used) and Sept 1st, the day tRump gave his "hurricane update" with his Bama warning?

And here it is today, Sept 6th, and you're still using the Aug 29th map to try to convince anyone who'll listen, that tRump wasn't blowing smoke. How come?

He can't help himself. He's a compulsive liar. It's his default setting.

Stupid is as stupid does, according to a well-known Alabamian.

And this is just plain dumb.

Ranting and raving for days afterwards that it WASN'T dumb is psychotic.

The world is watching.

And that's the thing, the president of the most powerful country, can't move on. Stuck on a matter like this for days, like this is the most important item on his agenda. He is going out of his way to prove himself right, if though his life was on the line. Anytime you have to work that hard to prove you were right, in a situation like this, something is wrong somewhere. Is that all he have to worry about these days. There will be more storms, he will have many chances to make it right next time.

Last edited by ipaper; 09-06-2019 at 09:56 AM..

Old 09-06-2019, 09:45 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times
Just the fact that we have a President who would stoop to the lengths of obviously faking weather maps for petty ego grievances is PATHETIC.

And equally pathetic is a base of conservatives who have abandoned all standards by which to judge competent adult behavior befitting the leader of the free world.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
All of those were old projections by the time he made his statement. Does the President not get those hourly updates that his team said he was getting? If he did then he would have known that by the 1st, when he made his statement, those projections were no longer being used.

I wish I could get paid for predictions that can be wrong 74% of the time - The Weatherman

Old 09-06-2019, 10:03 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I wish I could get paid for predictions that can be wrong 74% of the time - The Weatherman
Do they really get it wrong that often? I know they are not always right, but is it really that high. From where I live, I would say they are right probably 75% of the time, or not far off. The weather in certain areas of the country can be a little tricky to get it just right all the time.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Man, those computer models were completely wrong.

But we're to believe the AGW crowd that takes computer model predictions of years, DECADEDS out, as their gospel of global warming.

I don't think so!
It's like I said in an earlier post that someone tried to say was all wrong - even though it was not.

They have several tracts that they think the hurricane will go along - the reason that they have so many of them is because they can't accurately predict that far out. They know about a day or 2 before, that's it, and even then, sometimes they are wrong.

I know good and well about these predictions and tracts because my first year in South Florida was 2005 - the year of Katrina, Rita, and Wilma. I'd never been in a hurricane before, so I definitely paid attention to the news. You quickly learn about the media's "cone of death" reporting - and how they hype everything up, even after the hurricane is over. They'll find the one downed palm tree, or the one big puddle in the middle of the road and set up their shot to try to convince everyone that everywhere looks like that. And they have the audacity to talk about Trump on this? These liars have been out there for years trying to scare the carp out of everyone when it comes to hurricanes - they have NOTHING to say.

As for the NWS - they have multiple tracts that the storm could take - and one of the tracts definitely led right into Alabama. Someone said earlier, "That was just a corner of the storm". No! That was just the time that the storm would arrive there. As if the storm would arrive there at that time and then just die, right then and there. That's not how it works.

The complete imbecilic posts on this thread reveal that too many people have no clue what they are talking about, but they then turn around and call the POTUS an idiot - the irony of calling POTUS an idiot when their posts reveal just how dumb they are, themselves, is delicious.

So they changed tactics and then said, 'but that was days after the update' - because they believe that POTUS has nothing else to do but sit there and watch hurricane coverage? He was advised at one point. At the point that he was advised, the NWS had the hurricane on a tract that could very much affect Alabama.

Now here's what these fools are doing:

The hurricane did not go on that tract that the NWS predicted - suddenly it's "Trump's an idiot".

IF the hurricane had indeed gone on that tract and Trump was not proactive towards Alabama, JUST. IN. CASE. you can bet these same mouth breathers would have been on here slamming him for that, because, "He should have known. The NWS predicted that would be one of the tracts that the storm could take. (Fill in stupid nicknames here.)"

The fact is, whatever briefing Trump got, it was when he was told the tract could be heading towards Florida and into Alabama.

I guess when people don't have a life, and sit and stare at their computer all day long, they expect that everyone else does the same, including the POTUS. As if the POTUS doesn't have a hundred other things to do, as well.

I wish one of these clown shoes would know what it's like to be a president - of anything, really. Even a company, so that they could see that people in those positions don't have all the free time that they do to armchair forecast.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:10 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Rep.

He doesn't get or pay attention to his daily briefs.

Thankfully the people really important are paying attention and he's really just a figurehead. Tweeter 'n Chief. President Sharpie. Hands out medals to his friends. Nothing important really.

Hope the enemy is kept at bay during this time of being lax at the WH. We don't need another 9/11. But it is concerning and we've got our guard down right now w/ this idiot in office. Very important that the directors and important folks in DoD, CIA, National Security are on top of things. But how do we know, right?
We don't know for sure because the press is too busy trying to take down a duly elected president to do their job and find out exactly why there was conflicting info issued, among many other things.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:23 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Latest tweet:

Quote:
The Fake News Media was fixated on the fact that I properly said, at the beginnings of Hurricane Dorian, that in addition to Florida & other states, Alabama may also be grazed or hit.
He never said grazed, of course. And you can't take a Sharpie to old tweets. Not that you need to - the Trump crowd will adjust their memories as per Dear Leader's instructions.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It's a movie. It's made-up. They sort of - pretend.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Seems like the first thing one of them would have done when this happened is ask the WH why there was a conflict between the WH/NWS.
The man has claimed that the noise from wind turbines causes cancer. There is absolutely no saying how thoughts get into that misfiring brain of his.

Gotta confess, this is an interesting hill he picked to die on. Of all the non-factual statements he's come up with, this is the one he digs in to defend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies