Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 10:41 AM

6,420 posts, read 8,299,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
How would I know?

If the press did its job instead of lying in wait to attack Trump, we would know wouldn't we?

Seems like the first thing one of them would have done when this happened is ask the WH why there was a conflict between the WH/NWS.

BTW, I doubt every briefing the President got included new info about storm track. The storm was basically hanging in one place for hours/days and they weren't really sure where it was going or how far inland it was coming.

There are lots of other things to be briefed about during a hurricane.
You must have missed the part where he initially cancelled meetings in Poland around Labor Day weekend, but chose to spend hours of his time Stateside golfing. As others have repeatedly pointed out, the model he was referencing was days old. Aside from that, that model he keeps tweeting out shows a 5-10% chance of Alabama being hit, so he doesn't even know how to read the models in the first place. Furthermore, he has repeatedly expressed amazement the category 5 hurricanes even exist in the first place, even though he's seen FOUR of them during his own presidency. At least he hasn't tossed any paper towels at anyone this time, or blamed Bahamians for their misfortunes.

The hurricane force spin you've put into moving the goal posts is very, very sad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...855_story.html

Also, Trump is now hawking knock-off Sharpies to profit off of his own gaslighting:

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/produc...e-point-marker

BUY NOW!11

Old 09-06-2019, 10:52 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,247,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What does that have to do with why they didn't ask about the original conflict of information?

He's not going to answer them now after they have mocked him for a week except when he wants to lol.

Most of us would have told the press to go F themselves by now.
They DID ask NOAA about the conflicting info. NOAA said to talk to the WH. The reporter then asked the WH who did not respond.

How does the media force the WH to answer? The journalist asked no answer was given.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:55 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
And yet he persists. Day 6 and counting. LOL> Geez what a clown.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:56 AM

6,420 posts, read 8,299,039 times
How is it the media's fault to report what actually takes place when the cameras are rolling? Nobody forced Trump to trot out that doctored projection, which was so ridiculously obvious. My only explanation is that this is yet another way that Trump uses whatever type of distraction he can to "own the libs"

Old 09-06-2019, 10:58 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
How is it the media's fault to report what actually takes place when the cameras are rolling? Nobody forced Trump to trot out that doctored projection, which was so ridiculously obvious, my only explanation is that this is yet another way that Trump uses whatever type of distraction he can to "own the libs"
If you can get an answer to your question, I'll take my hat off to you. His supporters on this thread just cannot see it and will not let it go anymore than he will. Wonder how long this dang thread is going to end up being?

Old 09-06-2019, 11:00 AM

13,698 posts, read 4,979,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
he's got a defective self-protective personality that can't come to grasp the possibility that he might be wrong sometimes....I think it's part of that narcissistic personality. 2020 can't come soon enough.
You're right. Remember this from 2015?

Moderator Frank Luntz asked Trump whether he has ever asked God for forgiveness for his actions.

"I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so,"

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/polit...ess/index.html

He can't even admit to his Maker that he has been wrong at times

Old 09-06-2019, 11:01 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,611,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If you can get an answer to your question, I'll take my hat off to you. His supporters on this thread just cannot see it and will not let it go anymore than he will. Wonder how long this dang thread is going to end up being?
68 pages of Trump supporters tying themselves into knots... again, and again, and again!

Old 09-06-2019, 11:04 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,014,210 times
I guess he just tweeted about it again.. He is always a victim no matter how wrong he is

Old 09-06-2019, 11:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,533,819 times
Yep, now he's asking for an apology from the press for reporting what he said and did.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...cid=spartandhp

We, nor Walt Disney, could even begin to make this stuff up.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:13 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup -- he added Alabama...just because he can.

I know -- simple mistake -- many Presidents before have made the same ......
Many presidents make mistakes - and then own up to them. Show me another POTUS who went so far as to illegally (and very badly) modify 2 forecast maps AND spend the better part of 2 days composing tweets to defend an indefensible assertion.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies