Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 04:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
https://tippahnews.com/2019/09/01/no...gious-beliefs/

So just how far does religious belief go when it comes to the laws of this country?

Venue owner found out that the couple were not of the same race and denied rental of the venue citing her "Christian race, er Christian beliefs".

I was saying that when businesses were told that they could use "religious belief" to refuse service to gays that it would open the door to racists to do the same. Seems that I was right. Either religious belief trumps any and all laws or it doesn't.
Piggy Park proves they cannot for race.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:03 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
So it is a slippery slope from advocating freedom to deny wedding services to freedom to deny essential services.
Nothing slippery about it. Only stupid business owners will deny service to people based on skin color. Stupid businesses eventually go out of business. That's why it should be legal to choose your customers. Choosing customers based on skin color will expose the racists and they will eventually go out of business.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Absolutely - anyone who denies me medical care because they don'y like my freckles, gets their brains splattered over their clothes.
I appreciate your candor, Joe.

Sadly I know you mean it. You have no understanding of natural rights. Violence is acceptable.

And with this attitude you need the government to force association because if we had a free market system nobody would want to come within 1,000 miles of you.

I pray for the merchant who must sell you a quart of milk on your next trip to the store. Has no idea his life is in danger.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:06 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,022,183 times
In some places they will go out of business. In other places they will become more popular. You are more optimistic than I. (Responding here to RoadKing.)

Old 09-02-2019, 04:06 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, the right to discriminate is freedom. Prohibiting discrimination is control, not freedom.
Just as long as it's one or the other - no half measures, and no exceptions.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
In some places they will go out of business. In other places they will become more popular. You are more optimistic than I.
I understand business and the desire to be profitable.

If customer selection based on skin color becomes more popular in an area, I don't want to live there. Neither do most people.

I know lots of business owners and none of them would choose their customers by skin color.

BTW, you don't eliminate the racism by outlawing discrimination. You just drive it under cover.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I appreciate your candor, Joe.

Sadly I know you mean it. You have no understanding of natural rights. Violence is acceptable.

And with this attitude you need the government to force association because if we had a free market system nobody would want to come within 1,000 miles of you.

I pray for the merchant who must sell you a quart of milk on your next trip to the store. Has no idea his life is in danger.
Non discrimination laws are a civilizing influence -I don't need to fight just to get a quart of milk.

Did that dying child make it? or were they sacrificed on the altar on non- aggression?

Old 09-02-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Just as long as it's one or the other - no half measures, and no exceptions.
The freedom to discriminate exposes bad business people.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Non discrimination laws are a civilizing influence -I don't need to fight just to get a quart of milk.

Did that dying child make it? or were they sacrificed on the altar on non- aggression?
All involuntary laws are uncivilized. You just rationalize armed robbery and killing as collateral damage. Same thing all Marxists do.

The child died by natural scarcity as it is immoral to engage in slavery. I'm not your monkey, Joe. Grind that organ all you want - those who respect non-violence and private property will not dance.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All involuntary laws are uncivilized. You just rationalize armed robbery and killing as collateral damage. Same thing all Marxists do.

The child died by natural scarcity as it is immoral to engage in slavery. I'm not your monkey, Joe. Grind that organ all you want - those who respect non-violence and private property will not dance.
The kid died because someone denied what they needed. Semantics won't change that.

I'm thankful our ancestors didn't give up on life so easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies