Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 01:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Whatever happened to: "We won't confirm nor deny....."?
The terms describing this phrase are the Glomar response, Glomar denial, or Glomarization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 01:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump jeopardizes our intelligence asset and you say good. IT tells you Trumpers put loyalty to Trump before country. That is all you need to know about them and why this country is on the rocks.
Consider some of the illegal and immoral things the CIA has done in the past...but was never held responsible for, with that being said, they have no business whining about anything!

Old 09-10-2019, 05:34 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Trump jeopardizes our intelligence asset and you say good. IT tells you Trumpers put loyalty to Trump before country. That is all you need to know about them and why this country is on the rocks.
No, I have no loyalty to Trump. But Russia is not a state I care about.

The US government has interests that are not all about its average citizens.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:10 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
No, I have no loyalty to Trump. But Russia is not a state I care about.

The US government has interests that are not all about its average citizens.
Which is not the point. The point is compromising of US security interests by a sitting president who does not give a damn.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:16 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Which is not the point. The point is compromising of US security interests by a sitting president who does not give a damn.
Oh I really don't care about our security interests. I like the transparency involved.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:18 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
https://hillreporter.com/a-russian-a...-alleges-45195

We all saw the now infamous image of Trump having a yuck up with the Russian ambassador and Foreign Minister in the Oval Office. Many at the time were concerned about the classified information that Trump exposed.

Is it his right? Yes, of course, the President can declassify any material.

Is it right? NO, the judgment necessary to be President is clearly not there. Why does this incompetent man still have any support left? SMH.

It's time to invoked Article 25. Put Pence in, even though personally I can't stand his policies, but at least there will be a return to an adult in the room, one who understands government, and one who stops this constant chaos Trump revels in.

The GOP should endorse that, as the likelihood of being re-elected would increase immensely with Trump out of the picture. But... Trump needs to be gone before he can do any more damage.
Just another lie about Trump that's proven false...I don't the left or their media have uttered a word not based in lies since Trump was elected.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:23 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
https://hillreporter.com/a-russian-a...-alleges-45195

We all saw the now infamous image of Trump having a yuck up with the Russian ambassador and Foreign Minister in the Oval Office. Many at the time were concerned about the classified information that Trump exposed.

Is it his right? Yes, of course, the President can declassify any material.

Is it right? NO, the judgment necessary to be President is clearly not there. Why does this incompetent man still have any support left? SMH.

It's time to invoked Article 25. Put Pence in, even though personally I can't stand his policies, but at least there will be a return to an adult in the room, one who understands government, and one who stops this constant chaos Trump revels in.

The GOP should endorse that, as the likelihood of being re-elected would increase immensely with Trump out of the picture. But... Trump needs to be gone before he can do any more damage.
Awkward......both the NYT and the CIA have rebuked the allegation.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:29 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Mollie Hemmingway (Federalist) was on Fox News this morning and seemed to have more of an issue with the CNN reporters story. Never even mentioned the fact that this extraction may have been due to Trump. Someone should inform her that this was 2 years ago and I'm sure Russia knows the spy and his location. Not a word on why this could have occurred.

Old 09-10-2019, 07:49 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Mollie Hemmingway (Federalist) was on Fox News this morning and seemed to have more of an issue with the CNN reporters story. Never even mentioned the fact that this extraction may have been due to Trump. Someone should inform her that this was 2 years ago and I'm sure Russia knows the spy and his location. Not a word on why this could have occurred.
it wasn't. cnn screwed the pooch yet again.

the decision to remove the spy was made in 2016. guess who was president then?

Quote:
C.I.A. officials worried about safety made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia. The situation grew more tense when the informant at first refused, citing family concerns — prompting consternation at C.I.A. headquarters and sowing doubts among some American counterintelligence officials about the informant’s trustworthiness. But the C.I.A. pressed again months later after more media inquiries. This time, the informant agreed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/u...nt-russia.html
Quote:
The Central Intelligence Agency on Monday evening slammed what it called CNN's "misguided" and "simply false" reporting, after the cable channel's chief national security correspondent authored a hole-filled piece claiming that the CIA had pulled a high-level spy out of Russia because President Trump had "repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy."

The extraordinary CIA rebuke came as The New York Times published a bombshell piece late in the evening, which largely contradicted CNN's reporting. According to the Times, CIA officials "made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia" — weeks before Trump even took office.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cia...d-exfiltration
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The CIA is covering their tails here. They do not want the truth of what happened to come out, so they are trying to discredit CNN. If you have proof that what I just said is not true, post some FACTUAL information, not what the CIA is putting out there.
see above, donnie.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:17 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
An oblivious Russian mid-level official, named Oleg Smolenkov, was painted by the U.S. intelligence apparatus (Brennan) in 2016, as a character in a conspiracy plot, in order to claim something entirely fictitious… simply because an illusion was needed to prop up a political story in DC…. and Brennan painted Smolenkov as the source.

Gee, is it a surprise the unwitting Smolenkov, a man who held far less value than was being directly attributed to him, wouldn’t want to upend his entire life in Russia just to prop-up a constructed political narrative useful for John Brennan and the anti-Trump alliance (which includes Fusion-GPS).

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...y/#more-170499

US Atty Durham is closing in. Comey, Brennan and Clapper are trying to devise alibis and rationalize things with help from CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies