Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 05:52 PM

30,492 posts, read 21,375,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It was for a few years and then it dropped, he had nothing to do with either but the right wing blamed him for higher oil prices.
He wanted energy prices to SKY ROCKET as just what the moron said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 06:06 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
He wanted energy prices to SKY ROCKET as just what the moron said.
No he didn't, maybe you can provide the exact quote but it sounds like Gingerich. Even if true did gas prices rise because of a statement, this I have to see.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,472,723 times
The Pentagon along with a lot of unverified and anonymous sources are pointing fingers at Iran. I have no reason to trust any of them whatsoever.

The US MIE wants war.

Mark my words people, if they do we'll regret it. Iraq will be a kindergarden playground by comparison.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The Pentagon along with a lot of unverified and anonymous sources are pointing fingers at Iran. I have no reason to trust any of them whatsoever.

The US MIE wants war.

Mark my words people, if they do we'll regret it. Iraq will be a kindergarden playground by comparison.
We never win any war we start anyways. We are expert country breakers.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,899,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It was for a few years and then it dropped, he had nothing to do with either but the right wing blamed him for higher oil prices.
Hmmm I also seem to recall the left accusing GWB of causing oil prices to skyrocket for personal gain.

Don't believe me? Don't you remember Joe Biden claiming to ask a man at the gas station how much it costs to fill his car, but the man didn't know because he couldn't afford to fill it? The left didn't want to here that it was speculators causing it.

Then when it happened under Obama the right returned the favor.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:55 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,219,072 times
Default Can We Forget?

O'bama saith high gas prices, loss of military readiness, open borders no job growth, servant state to China, no growth whatsoever, lots more of the brothers in jail, etc, is THE NEW NORMAL!

All Hale HUSSEIN!

Old 09-17-2019, 08:46 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,858,820 times
Maybe Iran sending a message to Trump saying if he messes with them, they will mess with his reelection via things like this causing fuel prices to skyrocket.

The risk though is if people rally behind Trump due to this and he gains support going into the election.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:08 PM

28,697 posts, read 18,857,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Maybe Iran sending a message to Trump saying if he messes with them, they will mess with his reelection via things like this causing fuel prices to skyrocket.

The risk though is if people rally behind Trump due to this and he gains support going into the election.
The thing is: Nobody cowers today. No national leader bows under pressure.

People mired in old thinking dream of being the big dog that makes every other nation back down, but that's pre WWII, pre Vietnam thinking.

No national leader cowers today. They will all go down swinging, and even if you take out the leadership, more rebellion will always rise.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

The best thing for the world would be to kill everyone in the ME area and keep our butts out that area. We got plenty of oil in the west gulf that needs to be drilled and used. There are like 30 test heads from 2 to 150 miles offshore loaded with sweet oil just waiting to be drilled.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:40 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Hmmm I also seem to recall the left accusing GWB of causing oil prices to skyrocket for personal gain.

Don't believe me? Don't you remember Joe Biden claiming to ask a man at the gas station how much it costs to fill his car, but the man didn't know because he couldn't afford to fill it? The left didn't want to here that it was speculators causing it.

Then when it happened under Obama the right returned the favor.
Claims of any president impacting oil prices is not based on sound economic facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies