Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 09:16 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I agree.
This may get pretty sticky. There may be drugs found or money found, or some prosecutor may have trouble with an unarmed perpetrator being shot as he ran away. Too soon to tell.

My Ruger Blackhawk never leaves the house.
Yeah, if it turns out one of those kids got drilled in the back across the street or 2 yards over the shooter is in a world of hurt....or if they start checking cell phones and find out it was a drug deal.

I seem to recall that SYG defenses evaporate immediately if the shooter was committing some crime, an exception probably inserted with botched drug deals in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 09:17 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That was my first thought too. I think they might have been waiting for those kids to deliver drugs to them, and something went wrong. They carried guns in case something might go wrong, which is not uncommon in drug deals.
And I like pizza.

I ask again, why does it matter?

Old 09-17-2019, 09:17 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
First article doesn't mention the weapon but a witness cites that the return fire sounded like an "assault rifle" vs. initial handgun fire. Anyone that has either served or done any amount of shooting would be able to tell that so I find it fairly plausible especially considering that all 3 ended up dead, they got hit and hit hard.

So, AR-15 citation may come from another source or more likely mentioned as political fodder but it's not a huge leap\guess.
At 4am to the sleepy person just woke by gunfire, my Glock 9mm handgun that holds 12 rounds would sound like an AR. All you'll hear is loud noise echoing through the night.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And anyone using the term "assault rifle" is a moron so we are back to square one.
You are the first to use "assault rifle".

I said AR15 based on the neighbors comments describing the sound of the firefight. Maybe it was an AR-15, and maybe something similar, It should not matter since it is a legal firearm.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:20 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe they were all sitting around smoking Meth. Does not matter.

GA Stand Your Ground law has exceptions if the victim was committing a crime. For example, if the victim was a drug dealer and selling drugs, then the victim cannot claim SYG because GA SYG cannot be used.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
You are the first to use "assault rifle".

I said AR15 based on the neighbors comments describing the sound of the firefight. Maybe it was an AR-15, and maybe something similar, It should not matter since it is a legal firearm.
Nope. Wrong as usual.

Reading is critical.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
At 4am to the sleepy person just woke by gunfire, my Glock 9mm handgun that holds 12 rounds would sound like an AR. All you'll hear is loud noise echoing through the night.
The witness talked about initial 'pops', which were encountered by far louder cracks. I own 9mm and an AR, and I know the AR makes far more noise. It could have been 22LR vs .45, although .45 sounds different from AR too, but to someone who doesn't know better it could be just 'little noise vs big noise'.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And I like pizza. I ask again, why does it matter?
If you kill someone while committing a felony, it makes a day and night difference. You forfeit your right to self defense while committing felonies.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:35 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Despite it all, the family of the teens killed need to ask why those teens are out at that time, at that age, with a firearm, committing the act they were doing, involved in the situation they were in.

Still more investigation needed in my opinion, like was this drug related, gang related, etc. I do not feel this was some just random event, that some teens decided to just up and find someone to rob at four in the morning, however, on the other hand, I could easily believe because many crimes are crimes of opportunity.

SYG apply? Usually this would be self defense.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
If you kill someone while committing a felony, it makes a day and night difference. You forfeit your right to self defense while committing felonies.
Legally, sure.

But morally and logically I'm 100% correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies