Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 01:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The story adds up perfectly fine in my mind.
That only proves you consider only one possibility. I am willing to consider all possibilities, and I am sure the investigators are too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 01:24 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In California, the HO would be charged for defending themselves.
That's California. In America you have the right to defend yourself from violent thugs, rather than be slaughtered by them.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Once the perps fired, they were fair game even if they retreated.
No, you can be charged if you kill a person who is in process of running away.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looks like self defense, but why all the glee about three dead 15 yr olds?

Like someone mentioned, why were there three people standing on the driveway at 4AM with an AR-15? Were the kids delivering drugs to them? Something's off with this story.
That's my reaction.

I neither fault the homeowner nor am I happy that three teenagers are dead.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:28 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Even if only one was armed? Reporting says that 2 guns were recovered from the scene - that would mean one bad guy and one good guy. Right?

Shooting an unarmed person in the back is pretty dicey, even if they happened to be near someone who did shoot at you.

Not that we know anyone was actually shot in the back...
You show up wearing a mask in a group and one of them fires? Safety off shoot until no more targets. I don't care if they are woman, 12 years old or someone's Grandma. They were there to rob at gun point so they were all fair game. Any survivors would be charged too.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You can’t possibly know anything about the story for sure until days go by and the details crystallize. What we do have, and what we need to applaud, is 3 dead thugs who served notice on society now pushing up daisies.

This is the kind of mass shooting we can all get behind.
How about the rest of us wait for the details while you prematurely applaud the deaths.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
No, you can be charged if you kill a person who is in process of running away.
I'm not saying we don't have stupid laws and stupid prosecutor s, I'm talking about right and wrong.

It is perfectly acceptable to shoot, even in the back, a retreating person who made the choice to point a gun at you to take your property. Even if the other two did not have a gun, their participation was enough.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:32 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
People should be able to defend themselves in their own homes. It's sad, but when people break in, they get what they get.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
..... stop calling an AR15 an "assault rifle".
Quote:
I never called it an assault rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The witness said "assault rifle". You went straight to "AR15".
You said I called it such, which was not true. You also claimed someone called it an automatic rifle, which is not true either. Get honest, and stay honest, and try to not get offended so easily.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The aunt has a really odd comment.

Something like, we'd just like answers. We all want to know why the teens were out there in the dark wearing masks and carrying a gun.

I'm prepared to answer her, actually. I think we all are.

I do have a question thought. What in the world were the homeowners doing, at 4 a.m., on the front lawn? Not that it matters to the criminal case, but I'm just terribly curious. That's truly "dead hour" where it would be odd to encounter a group of 3 people in the front lawn, at least one of them armed.
More importantly, what were thee juveniles doing out at that hour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies