Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 07:36 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
From the war on poverty
The war on drugs
The war on voluntary relationships (min. wage laws)
I assume they’re all Somali refugees in Minnesota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 07:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You have to know WHICH blacks to avoid.....just like other blacks know which blacks to avoid. Me....I am not walking through or going to be hanging out near a bunch of people under the age of 25 hanging out after 11:00 PM on the streets. They are looking for entertainment, profit (pros) and reputation. I am a 55 year old African American and trying to jump me could fulfill all those needs in their eyes....except for the fact that I look and carry myself like I don't take no slit. However, my thing is just to find a different path and not have to test walking through them. That having been said, I avoid groups of drunken white young adults and teenager equally as well.
Maybe you could start classes for white people on which blacks to avoid. You begin with bunches under age 25 hanging out after 11:00 pm. Is it safe at 8 pm ? If there are 4 who look 13-15 years old ? If the bunch is across the street, should the white guy hustle in the opposite direction ?

I have no proof that all the victims were white, or every attacker was black. I know black young adults walk alone carrying cell phones. It would be quite the coincidence if none were victims of these attacks.

btw, you do know that a white person who admitted going out of their way to avoid a group of black youth would be called a racist.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:37 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Not me.. But then again I carry concealed and have drawn a firearm in self defense.. So who's more afraid ?you, who avoids places limiting your right to free access or me who is willing to defend my right to free access?

Hey...here is news flash. THEY CARRY GUNS TOO!!!!

It amazes me the number of people who think carrying a gun is actually going to help them most of the time. I am from Detroit. People got robbed and jumped while armed all the time. In fact, people just assume that you are armed in Detroit. That don't stop them from trying to rob you though. Its the element of surprise that they always have. Then they check you for guns. Then after they rob you...they make you RUN away....not walk. Its hard for you to fire off shots or pull something out while you are running.

I don't have a problem avoiding places and certain types of people.....as long as there are other options. I know who I am.....I am not trying to prove anything to myself or others. I am not a "bad azz" and don't pretend to be. I guess I just developed a look from growing up around it.

With you....the thing that is more likely to happen is that you will shot someone who was not actually going to do you bodily harm. For a gun to give you the advantage....you have to be pro active and go on the offensive FIRST. A seasoned thug is not going to give you that opportunity to pull your weapon. Don't fool yourself. They will keep the element of surprise and if they know or think you are armed they will strike in a way that will daze you or ensure you will be shot if you try to react by pulling a gun. You must think you are a quick draw artist of the wild West.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya me too and it's now global. We have immigrants from every Country and race here and guess what, they've all got slavery in their past. Every single one of us. Many Countries still have it and we have immigrants from that Country here that are doing just fine. Quit making excuses for these losers. They are the modern day KKK.

Again....stop living in "what if land"....unless you are going to consider the what if blacks were not oppressed by whites in this country. If you include that "what if" then your what if would not even exist as a contemporary issue.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:39 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,567,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Brutal beatings against whites from black mobs been occurring for awhile in MN....no hate crimes though, nor much media coverage at all. No protest marches...etc..liberals are silent

If it's hate crimes against whites the liberals and the media aren't interested. That is what is taught in your mandatory diversity training workshops.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:42 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Hey...here is news flash. THEY CARRY GUNS TOO!!!!

It amazes me the number of people who think carrying a gun is actually going to help them most of the time. I am from Detroit. People got robbed and jumped while armed all the time. In fact, people just assume that you are armed in Detroit. That don't stop them from trying to rob you though. Its the element of surprise that they always have. Then they check you for guns. Then after they rob you...they make you RUN away....not walk. Its hard for you to fire off shots or pull something out while you are running.

I don't have a problem avoiding places and certain types of people.....as long as there are other options. I know who I am.....I am not trying to prove anything to myself or others. I am not a "bad azz" and don't pretend to be. I guess I just developed a look from growing up around it.

With you....the thing that is more likely to happen is that you will shot someone who was not actually going to do you bodily harm. For a gun to give you the advantage....you have to be pro active and go on the offensive FIRST. A seasoned thug is not going to give you that opportunity to pull your weapon. Don't fool yourself. They will keep the element of surprise and if they know or think you are armed they will strike in a way that will daze you or ensure you will be shot if you try to react by pulling a gun. You must think you are a quick draw artist of the wild West.
Good points. There are, however, many instances in which citizens HAVE successfully defended themselves with handguns.

The best thing to do is to avoid areas in which there is a higher likelihood of being assaulted/mugged. If you are going into an area known for violence, one has to wonder about your judgement.

My oldest son was robbed at gunpoint at a Walgreens. He has a concealed carry, but it did him little good when the hood rat put a gun to the back of his head. He calmly told the rat where his wallet was and proceeded to instruct the cashier to stop screaming. He reached over the counter, opened the register, then gave the contents to the two robbers- they left without shooting. He was wearing a rolex (worth more than the loot they took) and they didn't even bother. They did pinch his gun- I told him he was lucky they didn't use it on him.

When the cops questioned him (looking at the video) they were surprised how calm he was under the circumstances. He responded that he had a lot of practice- they didn't grow up with his dad (me). I thought that was hilarious (and no- I am not an abusive father, just a disciplinarian).

Old 09-18-2019, 07:42 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Again....stop living in "what if land"....unless you are doing to consider the what if blacks were not oppressed by whites in this country. If you include that "what if" then your what if would not even exist as a contemporary issue.
So if they are all Somalis you still want to blame whites? You can't make this stuff up folks.

We allow in Somali refugees and types like IS blame whitey for when they go rogue. I don't make excuses for these scum bags.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:43 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
I dont understand why people dont take their personal safety more seriously. I'd never consider visiting or living in a high crime area. I even check where I go on vacation.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Maybe you could start classes for white people on which blacks to avoid. You begin with bunches under age 25 hanging out after 11:00 pm. Is it safe at 8 pm ? If there are 4 who look 13-15 years old ? If the bunch is across the street, should the white guy hustle in the opposite direction ?

I have no proof that all the victims were white, or every attacker was black. I know black young adults walk alone carrying cell phones. It would be quite the coincidence if none were victims of these attacks.

btw, you do know that a white person who admitted going out of their way to avoid a group of black youth would be called a racist.

One quick tip. When blacks move in and integrate a community where whites live....don't move out. Get to know them. That is how I got to know blacks.....by living among them, going to school with them, going to church with them, attending functions with them, etc. Stop sheltering yourselves in exurbia and then coming downtown and not being able to differentiate between the good and the bad without blanket assumptions about race in general.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So if they are all Somalis you still want to blame whites? You can't make this stuff up folks.

We allow in Somali refugees and types like IS blame whitey for when they go rogue. I don't make excuses for these scum bags.

I responded to someone who said....."what if it were a group of whites jumping blacks....". My response was to explain why and how HISTORY created what is seen as a Double Standard. If that history did not exist in this country......the perceived double standard of today would not exist either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies