Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 11:53 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

In general, mob violence is nothing new. A bunch of people jumping and beating another person for the sake of it (or for other hateful reasons) has been going on for decades upon decades, throughout America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 12:15 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Things are relative. If you compare the Twin Cities this past month to what is the norm, it's bad. However, it's not Murderapolis. Not even close. The 90s were the worst Minneapolis ever got. And yes, crack cocaine had alot to do with it. Let's not go into Chicago or Detroit. We know what Detroit is about. And Chicago gets too much bad press already. Chicago has alot of problems, but I get the feeling some of the conversation will turn into "let's hate on Chicago". I've got my issues with Chicago, but it's other stuff.

For as much as I don't want to hate on Kansas City, it has alot of violent crime issues. 100 murders already. The city of Atlanta will not reach 100 murders this year. Indy isn't talked about much but it has some problems. Milwaukee just had a riot a few years ago. I know all about Ohio's drug issues. Dayton, Cincinnati, Portsmouth. It's not just the Detroit or Chicago factor. Drug cartels from outside of the US have been bringing it. Perfect combination of blight, unemployment, poverty, etc.

Cold weather is not a deal breaker for me. It's tough, but the summers in the South are horrible. I'd gladly take on the Twin Cities. Plenty of things I could get into. Plenty of outdoor stuff to get around. I've heard about men doing well with women in the Twin Cities. At least from watching youtube videos. I never did well with women in the Atlanta area. I don't know what role being a nerdy type of Black guy had to do with it. However, there's hearing about it, and then experience. I can say that of people from Minnesota I've met, I've had mainly a good rapport with Minnesotans (those who have relocated to the Atlanta area). I'm in Huntsville now and let's just say I don't do well with the ladies here either. I'm dealing with alot of culture shock in Huntsville too.

Maaaan....you need to come to the Twin Cities then! Like Chris Rock said.....there will be a white girl waiting for you at the airport....lol. It don't matter if you are a nerd or not. I am a nerd too....I just don't look like one....until I go back home and people want to rob me....lol.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Maaaan....you need to come to the Twin Cities then! Like Chris Rock said.....there will be a white girl waiting for you at the airport....lol. It don't matter if you are a nerd or not. I am a nerd too....I just don't look like one....until I go back home and people want to rob me....lol.
Twin Cities isn't the only metro I have my eye on. Many places I'm considering are west of the Mississippi river. But as for Minneapolis, it's not even about White girls (although I'm very open to interracial dating). It's about a totally different culture from what I'm living in. Minnesota isn't the Deep South. Of course, neither are places like Kansas, Colorado, Idaho, or Alaska. I understand why places like Georgia (outside of Atlanta/inner ring counties of metro Atlanta), Alabama, and Mississippi are how they are.

I'm pretty much a nerd in many different aspects. I like to read alot of books (non-fiction books though). I've always liked trying to "get smart". I've been told so many times "you act White" or "you talk White". And not always by other Blacks. I've gotten it from some White persons.

But when it comes to the Twin Cities, there has always been a soft spot in my heart for it, and Minnesota over all. I've been to MN. I have relatives who moved here. Something about the Upper Midwest, and areas further west within the USA. One reason I get worried about events such as the mob attacks in Minneapolis. It makes me wonder about sadder aspects I'm not always told.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Twin Cities isn't the only metro I have my eye on. Many places I'm considering are west of the Mississippi river. But as for Minneapolis, it's not even about White girls (although I'm very open to interracial dating). It's about a totally different culture from what I'm living in. Minnesota isn't the Deep South. Of course, neither are places like Kansas, Colorado, Idaho, or Alaska. I understand why places like Georgia (outside of Atlanta/inner ring counties of metro Atlanta), Alabama, and Mississippi are how they are.

I'm pretty much a nerd in many different aspects. I like to read alot of books (non-fiction books though). I've always liked trying to "get smart". I've been told so many times "you act White" or "you talk White". And not always by other Blacks. I've gotten it from some White persons.

But when it comes to the Twin Cities, there has always been a soft spot in my heart for it, and Minnesota over all. I've been to MN. I have relatives who moved here. Something about the Upper Midwest, and areas further west within the USA. One reason I get worried about events such as the mob attacks in Minneapolis. It makes me wonder about sadder aspects I'm not always told.

No place is utopia in this world....far from it. Its best to know the good and bad about a place. The good in the Twin Cities drowns out the bad. You can ovoid most such things by your lifestyle choices. You say you being a nerd and all....I can't even see you being downtown Minneapolis at 1:00 Am partying...lol. That is not really my thing either....never been a party person, drinker, smoker...or any of that. My only addiction is women....so if that is where they are.....then that is where I will be at. However, you are not going to find a good quality women at the clubs....you can....but... you have to know how to spot them.

More than likely you the type of brother that would be hanging out at one of the many lakes within the cities. That is probably one of the best places for a nerd to go to meet people....I see lots of nerds at the lakes.....and its important to know which lake....some lakes attracts the "look at me" type and other lakes are more family oriented or people who are just really out for some exercise or to just enjoy the view.

There are a lot of places that I have not been in this country.....but I have been to every region of the country. Minneapolis is one of the best places that I have been to in this country....with the exception of winter. I would advice any black person to move way before I would recommend they move to Atlanta. I went to GSU for a year....so I know a little bit about the ATL. I am a pro black, blackity black black type brother......but Atl I just do not get why every black person seems to want to move down there. It was hard for me to adjust to the smaller black population of the Twin CIties.....but it has grown tremendously since I moved here.....and those Ethiopian women......

Old 10-01-2019, 01:01 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Maaaan....you need to come to the Twin Cities then! Like Chris Rock said.....there will be a white girl waiting for you at the airport....lol. .
Well, well, well...now this is what it ultimately boils down to, isn't it?

At least I didn't say it...

Old 10-01-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well, well, well...now this is what it ultimately boils down to, isn't it?

At least I didn't say it...

There is nothing wrong with that.....just not MY choice. I took the train to Minneapolis....so I missed my free white girl at the airport. I got my queen at the train station....lol.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with that.....just not MY choice. I took the train to Minneapolis....so I missed my free white girl at the airport. I got my queen at the train station....lol.
Right...

If I said half the things I knew about you I'd get in trouble. So I will just hold my tongue (typing).

Old 10-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Right...

If I said half the things I knew about you I'd get in trouble. So I will just hold my tongue (typing).

If you said half the things you knew about me......it would be a null post.

I have not seen a race of women that was not beautiful in some way and that I was not attracted to in some way....black women included. Hence, I can find everything I need in a women....in a black women. However, when you live in a metro area that is 85% white...and you are a professional.....95% of the women I would run into were white women. Thus, I had to make a special effort to go to black functions because I knew that my choice was to date black women. Loves knows no color. Whatever type of women you are around....you become attracted to them. So I made sure to put myself in the company of black women.

Now you can add to your list of things you KNOW about me.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
If you said half the things you knew about me......it would be a null post.

I have not seen a race of women that was not beautiful in some way and that I was not attracted to in some way....black women included. Hence, I can find everything I need in a women....in a black women. However, when you live in a metro area that is 85% white...and you are a professional.....95% of the women I would run into were white women. Thus, I had to make a special effort to go to black functions because I knew that my choice was to date black women. Loves knows no color. Whatever type of women you are around....you become attracted to them. So I made sure to put myself in the company of black women.

Now you can add to your list of things you KNOW about me.

Nice try backing out of your post.

The Twin Cities is kind of diverse - the state is about 85% white, but the Twin Cities is not the state.

It says a lot about you what you posted. But it's nothing I didn't know.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
No place is utopia in this world....far from it. Its best to know the good and bad about a place. The good in the Twin Cities drowns out the bad. You can ovoid most such things by your lifestyle choices. You say you being a nerd and all....I can't even see you being downtown Minneapolis at 1:00 Am partying...lol. That is not really my thing either....never been a party person, drinker, smoker...or any of that. My only addiction is women....so if that is where they are.....then that is where I will be at. However, you are not going to find a good quality women at the clubs....you can....but... you have to know how to spot them.

More than likely you the type of brother that would be hanging out at one of the many lakes within the cities. That is probably one of the best places for a nerd to go to meet people....I see lots of nerds at the lakes.....and its important to know which lake....some lakes attracts the "look at me" type and other lakes are more family oriented or people who are just really out for some exercise or to just enjoy the view.

There are a lot of places that I have not been in this country.....but I have been to every region of the country. Minneapolis is one of the best places that I have been to in this country....with the exception of winter. I would advice any black person to move way before I would recommend they move to Atlanta. I went to GSU for a year....so I know a little bit about the ATL. I am a pro black, blackity black black type brother......but Atl I just do not get why every black person seems to want to move down there. It was hard for me to adjust to the smaller black population of the Twin CIties.....but it has grown tremendously since I moved here.....and those Ethiopian women......
The good does outweigh the bad in the Twin Cities. Higher quality of life relative to some places. I don't do much clubbing these days anyway. At 33 years old, most places aren't worth it. I could be in Downtown Minneapolis at 1 AM for one specific reason, a baseball game. Target Field is in the Downtown. I don't have a huge addiction to women. It is nice to be around nice people, women included. After a certain hour, I go home because it's too loud and the drunks are more aggressive. I've rarely ever known how to spot quality women. My experience with bars/clubs in Midtown Atlanta has been this. Alot of stuck-up females.

Minneapolis has alot of lakes, and that's a good thing. There would would be plenty of places outside of Downtown I would be going to. And then St. Paul is next door. Fitzgerald Theatre is there. St. Paul Winter Carnival. Plenty of things to get into and it wouldn't involve getting into trouble. I also like getting into the outdoors. Minnesota would actually be perfect for me (along with places like Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon,Alaska,etc).

Minneapolis has some issues regarding crime in Downtown and the City Council should get its head out of its butt and do something. At the same time, Minneapolis still has a better quality of life than several other cities.

As for Atlanta, I'll sum it up like this. Atlanta evokes prestige. It's considered the new capital of Black America. I'll given Atlanta credit on this: It is attracting a Black middle class. On the other hand, I feel like Atlanta can be overrated. It's an okay city, some good things about it, but there are other places I could live.

As for the Twin Cities, I'll say this. An area being 85% White doesn't bother me. It's all about how I fit within that area. I've been in situations where I was the only Black guy there. Not going to stop me. I learned a long time ago that if there are certain things you want, certain places you want to be, get over the fact that you might be the only Black guy there. Just do whatever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies