Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 10:24 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The solution is a gun in every hand.

This is Wayne LaPierre from NRA, and I approve this message.

Said from his $6 million mansion thanks to all his members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 10:26 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Just because you make something up, doesn't mean its true.
So what are your solutions to reduce gun deaths?

Specifically what are your solutions to reduce gang-related violence?

Specifically, what are your solutions to reduce gun-related suicides?

Specifically, what are your solutions to reduce one-off mass shootings like Dayton, El Paso, Parkland, Vegas, etc?

Old 09-19-2019, 10:27 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:

I appreciate the honesty of just admitting to attempting to speak on behalf of the NRA.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:28 AM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Most people on the left are not advocating for banning all guns, ...

We understand how the left operates … incrementalism. AR-15's today, long guns tomorrow, handguns next week. Bump stocks yesterday, magazines holding over six rounds today, an "ammo tax" next week. Gun registration yesterday, a firearms owner database tomorrow, confiscation next week. Mandatory gun safes and trigger locks yesterday, fingerprint-reader firearms tomorrow.

The line is in the sand, "No farther". I reject your statement … it is apparent to me that the left wants gun ownership limited to bodyguards of politicians and celebrities, and some police. Oh … and thugs and criminals, because by definition they don't give a flying eff about the law.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:28 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:

Depends on what problem you are trying to solve. If you are trying to reduce the surplus population, it's a good one. If you are trying to regress the country to the days of frontier justice, it's a good one.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Its none of your business what LAW ABIDING US CITIZENS own.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
I recently finished watching the Godless miniseries on Netflix. ( Excellent, btw) It is a Western set in the 1880's in New Mexico. Unlike most Westerns, this one is about a town inhabited, mostly by women who know how to use a gun and have good reasons to do so. Nothing like 2 or 10 dozen outlaws riding into a mining town looking to have their way.

Put a different spin on high body count mass shootings.

The time period was nearly 100 years after the 2nd amendment was passed. Nonetheless, one can easily see how the right to bear arms was necessary to survival, in the Wild West.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
I appreciate the honesty of just admitting to attempting to speak on behalf of the NRA.
You are welcome. As a former member I know how they think, and I can speak for them.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:36 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Well there goes the "get rid of cars because more are killed in accidents than guns" NRA talking point.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...zP0AfljemAXZVk
The CDC lists anyone up to age 25 who dies from a gun as a "child" death so they can include gang killings to inflate the numbers.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
We understand how the left operates … incrementalism. AR-15's today, long guns tomorrow, handguns next week. Bump stocks yesterday, magazines holding over six rounds today, an "ammo tax" next week. Gun registration yesterday, a firearms owner database tomorrow, confiscation next week. Mandatory gun safes and trigger locks yesterday, fingerprint-reader firearms tomorrow.

The line is in the sand, "No farther". I reject your statement … it is apparent to me that the left wants gun ownership limited to bodyguards of politicians and celebrities, and some police. Oh … and thugs and criminals, because by definition they don't give a flying eff about the law.
There are more firearms than people in the US. One- third of the adult population own guns. They are left, right and in between.

Some of them use the " incrementalism ", just as you have.

Seriously can't imagine why any rational person would oppose fingerprint- reader firearms. That alone would eliminate the overwhelming majority of gun violence in urban areas.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:41 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The CDC lists anyone up to age 25 who dies from a gun as a "child" death so they can include gang killings to inflate the numbers.
And many on C-D discounts suicides from guns to deflate the numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies