Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 06:54 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump is George W. Bush without the brains.
Awesome observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 06:58 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,293,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No link. Shocker.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...acilities.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1057216

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2391415001

Old 09-20-2019, 07:01 PM

17,367 posts, read 12,321,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
More wasted tax dollars while putting our troops at risk.

The hell of it is that the only reason the left is opposing it is that it is Trump doing it.
The left cheered when Obama involved us in Syria. Not our fight, but hell, why not?
The left was silent when Obama involved us in Libya. Not our fight, but hell, why not?

We need to mind our own business.
You could also say that those on the right only opposed Obama’s drone strikes and kill lists because he was a Democrat.

Or you could be more reasonable and recognize that people from both sides don’t want this sort of thing. But there are also war hawks on each side. I knew plenty of Democrats who called out Obama for that too.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:02 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times
US sending troops to the Kingdom and UAE

This might not pertain to the UAE or Qatar, but the presence of US forces in Saudi Arabia in the past had the sad effect of radicalizing Saudi males. One of the problems was females in uniform, at that time in support roles more often than not, driving vehicles and wearing their hair loose and seen working like the men. Then there was the fact that so many 'infidels' were concentrated in the place, regardless of race or gender.

Many of those people have a tendency to be backward and fanatical, we try to help them and they spit in our face and take our money.

Nothing good can come from this.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,901,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
You could also say that those on the right only opposed Obama’s drone strikes and kill lists because he was a Democrat.

Or you could be more reasonable and recognize that people from both sides don’t want this sort of thing. But there are also war hawks on each side. I knew plenty of Democrats who called out Obama for that too.
Im an independent and love calling out both sides, but the left at least on this forum were at best silent but mostly justifying Obama's aggression.

I am not an isolationist, I am someone who feels that we shouldn't be imposing ourselves any more than the rest of the world does. In short if the world feels something needs to be done, make it a UN mission and the US would provide 1/193 assistance. There are 193 members. We should not be footing the bill.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:10 PM

16,766 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
US sending troops to the Kingdom and UAE

This might not pertain to the UAE or Qatar, but the presence of US forces in Saudi Arabia in the past had the sad effect of radicalizing Saudi males. One of the problems was females in uniform, at that time in support roles more often than not, driving vehicles and wearing their hair loose and seen working like the men. Then there was the fact that so many 'infidels' were concentrated in the place, regardless of race or gender.

Many of those people have a tendency to be backward and fanatical, we try to help them and they spit in our face and take our money.

Nothing good can come from this.
Correct.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im an independent and love calling out both sides, but the left at least on this forum were at best silent but mostly justifying Obama's aggression.

I am not an isolationist, I am someone who feels that we shouldn't be imposing ourselves any more than the rest of the world does. In short if the world feels something needs to be done, make it a UN mission and the US would provide 1/193 assistance. There are 193 members. We should not be footing the bill.
There are a few moderate Dems here. We voted for Obama, but didn't agree with his drone kills and kill lists. In fact, I was disappointed by his presidency and couldn't defend him for a lot of reasons. I voted for him twice. In the end, he was a big let down - but I tend to dislike pols on both sides of the aisle.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 PM

17,367 posts, read 12,321,062 times
Many left leaning folks I knew considered Obama to be not much different from Bush in practice.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:23 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,772,743 times
The MIC must be fed.....

Old 09-20-2019, 07:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,901,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There are a few moderate Dems here. We voted for Obama, but didn't agree with his drone kills and kill lists. In fact, I was disappointed by his presidency and couldn't defend him for a lot of reasons. I voted for him twice. In the end, he was a big let down - but I tend to dislike pols on both sides of the aisle.
I didn't vote for Obama. I never agreed with his politics. I detested his class warfare approach. More than that I detested his hardcore followers who made everything about race. He certainly wasn't our worst President though. I loved listening to him speak, I liked GWB as well as a speaker. GWB spoke like one of the masses. Plain spoken, not perfect, but came across as a regular guy. Really disappointed in his results. Bill Clinton was another good speaker. Can you imagine having the 3 of them over for a cookout? Well, keep the wives and daughters hidden from Bill. That would be an amazing cookout.

Hillary was torture to listen too and so is Trump. Kerry was hard on the ears as well.

The dems running now? I have No faith at all in them. We are screwed for another 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies