Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 10:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
This is going to turn into another bad decision
No input from Congress
But sending troops to SA and UAE to protect their oil in a religious war

Despite all the weapons sold to the Saudis they are still incompetent to defend themselves
And tRump is just plain too flippin' stupid to stay out of a war he says he doesn't want.

Remember his campaign promises about staying out of stupid wars?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 11:02 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Trump is only ant-war until one of his authoritarian BFFs needs him. America First my ***

Old 09-21-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
More wasted tax dollars while putting our troops at risk.

The hell of it is that the only reason the left is opposing it is that it is Trump doing it.
The left cheered when Obama involved us in Syria. Not our fight, but hell, why not?
The left was silent when Obama involved us in Libya. Not our fight, but hell, why not?

We need to mind our own business.
There was little support from liberals regarding Syrian intervention. This is revisionist. Liberals are much less likely to support military actions in general.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah, I always said I'd love to have a beer with any of them. Bill Clinton, another disappointment that I voted for twice.

I can't stand these liberal lunatics and will never defend them. Wasn't fond of Bush and can't stand Trump. Bush, I would have a beer with. Trump....no way.

The only person I'd be excited about voting for right now is Tulsi Gabbard, but she's too moderate for the majority of Dems, I think.

A man without a country...lol.
Most of the policies most of the Democrats support are are supported by majorities in the general public when you poll them only on positions rather than which side is pushing them, but all we hear is the propaganda about how they’re crazy.

Hillary, from an actual policy standpoint, was a very moderate, old school Democrat, but everyone hated her. The reality is that people don’t want moderates as much as they claim too. Trump is arguably one of our most extreme presidents ever from either side.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:17 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
I think SA can take on Iran on their own if the two countries want war. No need for anymore American deaths in that part of the world, we need to stay out. Especially since we are energy independent.

Let the Middle East blow each other up, they seem to enjoy it.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:20 AM

1,991 posts, read 900,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump is George W. Bush without the brains.
Yup. Trump doesn’t have half the strategery that Bush had.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:33 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
From what I read in those links, it's not a large number of troops being sent over, and their sole job is to assist in air defense. The point, from the left leaning msm that was linked, is that by doing this it is hope that this will prevent the need for thousands of troops to be sent over.

SA asked for the help. Do we tell our allies "Naw, man, just figure it out for yourselves".

The troops being sent along with tighter sanctions is to PREVENT any further escalations, and to keep the flow of oil going. Yes, I know, "no blood for oil" - let me know when you all are walking everywhere you need to go.

I don't want thousands of troops sent to the middle east. I'm tired of the entire middle east at this point.

On the other hand, when an ally asks for assistance, and we set tighter sanctions and send in a few troops to help with air defense in order to prevent a larger escalation - I understand why it was done.

I don't like it, but I can understand it.

If we get to the point of sending in thousands, like for that stupid Iraq war - then my tune will change.

So, bash on Trump, blame Trump for everything - it seems like every single president in my life time had done exactly the same type of thing. Some got on the Dem president for doing the same, some didn't. If you are one of those who didn't, you have nothing to say here.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:58 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
From what I read in those links, it's not a large number of troops being sent over, and their sole job is to assist in air defense. The point, from the left leaning msm that was linked, is that by doing this it is hope that this will prevent the need for thousands of troops to be sent over.

SA asked for the help. Do we tell our allies "Naw, man, just figure it out for yourselves".

The troops being sent along with tighter sanctions is to PREVENT any further escalations, and to keep the flow of oil going. Yes, I know, "no blood for oil" - let me know when you all are walking everywhere you need to go.

I don't want thousands of troops sent to the middle east. I'm tired of the entire middle east at this point.

On the other hand, when an ally asks for assistance, and we set tighter sanctions and send in a few troops to help with air defense in order to prevent a larger escalation - I understand why it was done.

I don't like it, but I can understand it.

If we get to the point of sending in thousands, like for that stupid Iraq war - then my tune will change.

So, bash on Trump, blame Trump for everything - it seems like every single president in my life time had done exactly the same type of thing. Some got on the Dem president for doing the same, some didn't. If you are one of those who didn't, you have nothing to say here.
I think Admiral Kimmel's quote is fitting;

"Seventeen years later the United States stands poised once more on the brink of shooting war. If the fighting must start again, let us demand the full truth in advance as a condition precedent to the conflict. Are we again bound by secret commitments which put the interest of other countries ahead of the interests of the United States? Are our far-flung armed forces spread around the world for our own defense, or as an assurance that we will automatically participate in every brushfire that breaks out any place on earth? The terrible truth about Pearl Harbor should galvanize our foreign policy with impenetrable armor of our own national self interest."

The US will ensure that it puts its troops, something, purposely in harm's way, that way when the rebels or whoever strike and kill US troops, that is all the justification needed to intervene even more.

This entire thing is an affair between Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Yemen, and the US should stay 100% out of it. This is an issue going back 1000 years, and for the life of me, I have no idea why anyone thinks we or them are going to now magically solve it, nor why we should be involved with it in anyway. Saudi Arabia has been an instigator for decades, they want to start crap, they should do so on their own. It was Saudi Arabia who dumped billions of dollars into Iraq to support Iraq's invasion of Iran, it was Saudi Arabia who has been a constant agitator of relations with Iran all due to their 1000 year old conflict.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:29 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
SA should use the 100+ billion dollars in war machinery Obama sold them if they want a war..

Old 09-21-2019, 12:39 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Trump's blunder on the Iranian agreement leads now to US troops being redeployed in harm's way. How long will it be before we have more of our men and women coming home in caskets. When one or more does, the war mongers will have us back in there in force. Trump is going to re-ignite the entire region with his stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies