Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 04:53 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times

Advertisements

The Elites send their kids to prestigious private schools, where they associate with others like them. Then their families pull strings to get their kids into prestigious Ivy League unis, where they mix with other kids just like them. They and their friends go to law school, and then with their influential families backing them, they get great jobs.

In Hunter Biden’s case, he has not been successful in life. He has one or two failed businesses behind him, plus some past addiction issues. But he has his dad’s name.

His older brother Beau was the higher achiever of the two brothers.

And there is this, he lost his mother at a young age, and his older brother has also passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 10:16 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ukraine-shokin

This is a good summary of how Hunter Biden got involved in Ukraine, and how Joe Biden insisted Ukraine get rid of a corrupt prosecutor. The corrupt prosecutor then accused Joe Biden of collusion with his son, and this is how Trump found what he thinks is his scandal. The article points out that Hunter Biden’s cushion of privilege is normal for children of the elite.

But there appear to be no broken laws.

I do think this whole thing torpedos Biden’s candidacy. Hunter Biden should not have been on any board in Ukraine, and it is obvious why he was chosen to be so.

It is interesting that Biden basically extorted Ukraine in the dismissing of the corrupt prosecutor, which was supported by the European Union. But Joe Biden was not doing this for personal or political gain. His actions were not self serving, and he received no political advantage from doing so.

But—I think Biden is done as a candidate.

And Trump is not governing now; he is running for reelection. And he is running scared.
Sure he didn't. Hey, I have a bridge for sale. It's a really nice bridge!

And a link from one of the most left-wing blogs on the net is a poor place to try to start a debate.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:20 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
While we're on the topic, here's an article on the "man" Hunter Biden is.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hunt...ry?id=64064060

Old 10-03-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sure he didn't. Hey, I have a bridge for sale. It's a really nice bridge!

And a link from one of the most left-wing blogs on the net is a poor place to try to start a debate.
Everything that does not jibe with your personal beliefs is not left wing. I read and posted the article because it was a good summary of the controversy. The article pointed out that Hunter Biden was privileged, and it acknowledged that his presence on a board of directors in Ukraine, for which he was not qualified, is ethically suspect.

I felt the article was understandable and even handed.

My purpose was not to start a debate. I thought the info was worth reading.

In what way did Joe Biden profit from urging Ukraine to discharge the prosecutor?

Old 10-03-2019, 10:43 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
None of the charges of conspiracy have been substantiated.

For a better understanding of what happened in Ukraine, read the article I linked to in the first post of this thread.

Posting ignorant screeds just make someone sound ignorant. You are free to dislike Joe Biden for any number of reasons, but he is not under fire for conspiracy, except by Trump and Giulani.
You don't seem to keep up with the news, old Joe the pedophile is definitely being investigated and his attempt at being president is over, he will be lucky to escape jail time.
Your original article you posted is just more left wing hog wash...

Old 10-03-2019, 10:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Can’t think of a Dumber thing to do than compare offspring.

The clumsy silver spoon morons of trumps spawn or .....Hunter Biden.
Yep...that’s a tough one.

Well, we have to accept that Trump's children all inherited his great intelligence...……..hahahahahaha ! Especially Eric, and Don Jr ain't too far behind in that race.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:31 AM

21,145 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Paying a politician or their family member for political favors is a bribe. Bribes are illegal. Joe and Hunter Briben belong in jail.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:07 PM

You cannot prove bribery here.

No trustworthy source I have read says that the Bidens broke any laws, which by the way would have been Ukrainian laws.

I do not think Biden will get the nomination. I don’t think he is going to jail.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:31 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
He’s going to get trump impeached. That’s an accomplishment.

You do understand that there is yet to be an actual formal impeachment inquiry in the House........

And even if Nancy decides to really go forward, the Senate will never convict........

Right?

Old 10-04-2019, 02:34 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
I felt the article was understandable and even handed.
That’s called confirmation bias.

You posted a piece from the hyper partisan extreme left wing Vox, with a opening sentence of “Hunter Biden is at the center of the fake misconduct accusations against his father, former Vice President Joe Biden, that generated real misconduct by President Donald Trump”.

You should extend your reading beyond the Breitbart of the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies