Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 01:52 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Because what Schiff is doing is treasonous. It's funny how Schiff (and all the Democrats) can threaten Trump all day long, every day but when Trump does the same, it's treasonous.
Have you read the definition of treason? Bringing articles of impeachment against a president who is off the reservation is not that. Schiff isn't threatening Trump. He is doing his job. And it's not a threat, it's a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 01:52 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Look how differently it was handled by various entities:

The C.I.A. officer has a colleague approach the C.I.A.’s general counsel. She contacts a deputy White House counsel.

The C.I.A. officer now aware of this and concerned approaches an intel committee staffer: Schiff's aides follow procedures and refer him to the inspector general and advised him to seek legal counsel.

Trump turns this into: "Schiff wrote it."
Who did write it, then? And who all helped that person to write it? Because it pretty clearly was not written by the anonymous, so-called 'whistleblower' alone.

These questions will very certainly have to be answered, in no uncertain terms.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:53 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Nobody is surprised Schiffy was involved.

Another fake "dossier" debunked.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:54 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

That is what it looks like, doesn't it? One might have thought they could have at least tried a completely different approach for their coup efforts this time around. Apparently not.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:54 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
God Frack this. I can't believe TRUMP is going to get away with another crime because Schiff was so sloppy. I'm done with this garbage. Trump deserves jail, but gets away with everything.
Everyone's already pointed out this is nonsense. Now we can talk about what if it wasn't. The key to deciphering when Conservatives are trying to spread bullsh** is to ask them to lay out the charge, specifically.

So if any Conservative wants to lay out exactly the crime or cover up or coup that they keep talking about, I'd love to hear it...

Old 10-02-2019, 01:57 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times
I'm still waiting for the Republicans in the Senate to side with Trump on the Biden deal. Seems like they should if it was a real deal...

Old 10-02-2019, 01:58 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Who did write it, then? And who all helped that person to write it? Because it pretty clearly was not written by the anonymous, so-called 'whistleblower' alone.

These questions will very certainly have to be answered, in no uncertain terms.
According to the NYT - "In both cases [C.I.A. GC and the House Intel staffer], the original accusation was vague."
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/u...gtype=Homepage

Why would not the whistleblower's attorney have reviewed the language before the final form was filed with the IG?

The WH knew about it beforehand; House intel knew a complaint was out there. The real import may be House awareness prevented the WH from burying it.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:59 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

You guys just refuse to look at facts don't you? And there's a second dossier? Really?

Old 10-02-2019, 02:02 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
God Frack this. I can't believe TRUMP is going to get away with another crime because Schiff was so sloppy. I'm done with this garbage. Trump deserves jail, but gets away with everything.
What exactly did Schiff do? I'm reading he read a parody but passed it off as being the actual document. Basically Schiff fixed all you up with a nice great big chit sandwich and every one of you happily took a huge bite and went to social media to brag about it. And no! This time Schiff didn't forget the gravy. You Demolibs just love being gullible....don't you. The leadership in your own party just loves you.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
You believed Trump? C'mon now, sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies