Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 03:13 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Apparently, you are unaware of the republican form of government, instituted by the Declaration of Independence, wherein the American people are "sovereigns without subjects," and the president is merely the highest ranking public SERVANT, one step down in status from the lowest American sovereign.

But it is to be expected, since most Americans are victims of the world's greatest propaganda ministry, and are loathe to read their own laws and history

You may consent to be the property of the State. Don't demand I do the same, and we are good.
The second that I cannot say NO, as if I'm the property of the state, ALL HELL is going to commence, Tyrant!
Take as a warning, take it as a threat.
I will die on my feet, before I ever live on my knees begging for mercy.
Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 03:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is why they held these hearing behind closed doors. From what I understand, there was no classified information discussed. But if they had done this in an open forum, then the Democrats would not have been able to make up lies to try to prop up their impeachment narrative.

Which clearly is what they are now doing.
Bottom Line ..... only one Party is trying to hide the Transcripts and keep o formation behind closed doors.

The Democrats

Old 10-04-2019, 03:19 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
In case anyone wants to read it.

The Federalist was able to gain a copy of the opening statement delivered to congress by Ambassador Kurt Volker. The statements made by Volker support the outline put forth by Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani surrounding the initial contact and purposes.

The statement by Volker directly undercuts the narrative spun by HPSCI Chairman Adam Schiff and his attempt to create an impeachment narrative. Here’s the statement:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4287...October-3-2019

Old 10-04-2019, 03:20 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,524 times
Democrats' hallucinations of high crimes and misdemeanors are as real as Republicans' hallucinations of weapons of mass destruction. Meanwhile the country hums along on autopilot. Makes you wonder if politicians are really even necessary anymore.

Old 10-04-2019, 03:26 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Talking Testimony from Voker directly Contradicts Democrats Impeachment Narrative...

Calm down. The Volker Testimony proves Dem's are LYING (again).

36 minutes ago: Testimony from Ukraine envoy Kurt Volker, obtained by The Federalist, directly contradicts the Democrat impeachment narrative against Donald Trump.

“I did so solely because I understood that the new Ukrainian leadership wanted to convince those, like Mayor Giuliani, who believed such a negative narrative about Ukraine, that times have changed and that, under President Zelensky, Ukraine is worthy of U.S. support,” Volker said. “I also made clear to the Ukrainians, on a number of occasions, that Mayor Giuliani is a private citizen and the President’s personal lawyer, and that he does not represent the United States government.”

Volker vehemently denied that he ever urged the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on the Biden family.

“As you will see from the extensive text messages I am providing, which convey a sense of real-time dialogue with several different actors, Vice President Biden was never a topic of discussion,” he said."

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/04...ent-narrative/

Old 10-04-2019, 03:28 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Talylor admitted during his Testimony that he was basing it on Media information after the July 25th call.
Schiff is a known Liar ... the Washington Post gave him 4 Pinocchio’s today for his “Whistleblower” statements.
The GOP is strongly calling for a complete Transcript to be released. Who do you suppose has some to hide?
Schiff who cherry picked certain comments/Texts. ... OR ... the GOP who is called for ALL of it to be released?

From the GOP Oversight Committee:
��FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker told us yesterday that Taylor’s knowledge here was from an August 28 Politico article. Not because Taylor had any independent information. It’s deceitful for Democrats to release these cherry-picked texts without full context of Volker’s testimony.
��FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker explicitly told us yesterday that there was NO quid pro quo between the Trump Administration and Ukraine. But Democrats don’t want to tell you that.
��FACT CHECK: Sondland was much closer to the President than Bill Taylor. Sondland also knew that the President was ‘crystal clear’ about there never being quid pro quo. Volker said Sondland was just repeating here what we all understood. Another fact Democrats choose to ignor
��@HouseDemocrats should be ashamed today. By publicly releasing cherry-picked documents, Democrats have polluted the public discourse with misinformation.
We hope the American people will get to see the full context of Volker’s testimony. Will @RepAdamSchiff let it happen?

President Trump DID “go first”
He released his Telephone call
He declassified the GossipBlowers second hand Gossip.
He's refusing to release documents they've asked for. They're the ones running the inquiry and have a right to the documents. I hope Schiff does what he says he'll do. If they refuse to release documents like Trump and Pompeo are doing, that they'll be considered obstructing. They need to get tough with these hooligans. This obstruction and deflection needs to stop.

Old 10-04-2019, 03:29 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

36 minutes ago: Testimony from Ukraine envoy Kurt Volker, obtained by The Federalist, directly contradicts the Democrat impeachment narrative against Donald Trump.

“I did so solely because I understood that the new Ukrainian leadership wanted to convince those, like Mayor Giuliani, who believed such a negative narrative about Ukraine, that times have changed and that, under President Zelensky, Ukraine is worthy of U.S. support,” Volker said. “I also made clear to the Ukrainians, on a number of occasions, that Mayor Giuliani is a private citizen and the President’s personal lawyer, and that he does not represent the United States government.”

Volker vehemently denied that he ever urged the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on the Biden family.

“As you will see from the extensive text messages I am providing, which convey a sense of real-time dialogue with several different actors, Vice President Biden was never a topic of discussion,” he said."

So, what will the next take down attempt by the Democrat left consist of?

Since this one appears to be winding down already, they are likely going to be trying to manufacture another one pretty soon now. Of course that has been the pattern.

Old 10-04-2019, 03:52 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

That's all correct. The text narrative only discussed the 2016 investigations and Burisma. It was Trump who goofed in the Zelensky call by bringing up the Bidens by name.

More, not only did Volker have no interest in involving himself in RudyG's conspiracy theories he testified he warned RudyG that he was being played by Ukrainians.

Volker's goal was to foster the US-Ukrainian support that Giuliani was undermining.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:32 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
The facts today from Volker and his txts really hurt Trump.

Trump is guilty and better be looking for an exit.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:38 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
That's all correct. The text narrative only discussed the 2016 investigations and Burisma. It was Trump who goofed in the Zelensky call by bringing up the Bidens by name.

More, not only did Volker have no interest in involving himself in RudyG's conspiracy theories he testified he warned RudyG that he was being played by Ukrainians.

Volker's goal was to foster the US-Ukrainian support that Giuliani was undermining.
Volker really got caught in the middle of this, he was just trying to smooth things over with Trump. Unfortunately that involved connecting Rudy with the new leadership, he cautioned Giuliani that these people would tell him whatever he wanted to hear. Volker had no good choices and its really a shame that he is gone, the Russians are probably celebrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies