Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 04:52 PM

57,275 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The facts today from Volker and his txts really hurt Trump.

Trump is guilty and better be looking for an exit.

The text messages from Bill Taylor the top diplomat at the embassy were worse, he was appointed under Bush. This is not some partisan hack like Sondland.

Quote:
“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Taylor texted Sondland later on September 1 amid concerns that Trump was temporarily withholding military aid from Ukraine to pressure the country into investigating the Bidens.
“The nightmare is they give the interview and don’t get the security assistance. The Russians love it. (And I quit.),” Taylor wrote a week later to Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine.
“The message to the Ukrainians (and Russians) we send with the decision on security assistance is key. With the hold, we have already shaken their faith in us. Thus my nightmare scenario,” Taylor wrote to Sondland the next day.
“I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign,” Taylor said.
“Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind,” Sondland responded, adding, “I suggest we stop the back and forth by text.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 05:06 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The text messages from Bill Taylor the top diplomat at the embassy were worse, he was appointed under Bush. This is not some partisan hack like Sondland.
I missed that one when skimming through. Trump's also messing with U.S. diplomacy. If Trump doesn't support Ukraine as POTUS then that's one thing. A policy decision with Congressional and public comment to follow.

To undermine foreign relations for personal advantage as a candidate, another matter entirely.

Does he not know the entire world is now watching, with many foreign nationals going ... "That what the Americans do. Threaten and treat us like crap."

Dunno if he doesn't get it or doesn't care or care enough to get it.

Old 10-04-2019, 05:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Wow. According to this thread - everything is just PEACHY!

But . . . why are the Republican Senators and Congresscritters so darn . . . . . quiet?

Eh?

Old 10-04-2019, 06:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. According to this thread - everything is just PEACHY!

But . . . why are the Republican Senators and Congresscritters so darn . . . . . quiet?

Eh?
Eerily quiet.

The excuse "I didn't read the transcript" is getting old though.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Eerily quiet.

Ha ha! Even Mike the Liar Pompeo used that one and then later had to admit that he WAS ON THE CALL.

Biggest bunch of liars and crooks that I have ever seen.

Makes Nixon look like a freakin choir boy.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I missed that one when skimming through. Trump's also messing with U.S. diplomacy. If Trump doesn't support Ukraine as POTUS then that's one thing. A policy decision with Congressional and public comment to follow.

To undermine foreign relations for personal advantage as a candidate, another matter entirely.

Does he not know the entire world is now watching, with many foreign nationals going ... "That what the Americans do. Threaten and treat us like crap."

Dunno if he doesn't get it or doesn't care or care enough to get it.
Somehow they thought this would never come to light, it has caused a good deal of damage to Ukraine as they have now agreed to elections in Eastern Ukraine. Good win for Russia and our embassy is in disarray, good luck gaining their confidence.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Eerily quiet.

The calm before the storm?

Old 10-04-2019, 06:26 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump is guilty and better be looking for an exit.
Seriously, how many time have you posted this in the last 3 years ?

Old 10-04-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nothing Classified discussed today. Release the Volker testimony transcripts!
He had some damning info LOL!

Come on... Transparency.
We The People demand transparency!
One would have to wonder if Jordan was really at the hearing.

Quote:
Rep. Jim Jordan, the ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, said Kurt Volker, the former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine, has not told House members anything that supports the premise of their impeachment investigation against President Donald Trump.

Not one thing he has said comports with any of the Democrats’ impeachment narrative,” Rep. Jordan told reporters. Volker, who resigned from his position as the special envoy on Sept. 27, was mentioned in the whistleblower complaint that alleged wrongdoing by Trump when he asked Ukraine's president to investigate political rival Joe Biden and his family. Volker is speaking with House members, including Jordan, behind closed doors on Oct. 3, and the meeting is expected to continue into the afternoon.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...t_inquiry.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies