Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump's abandonment of the Kurds Betrayal or Smart?
Betrayal 123 63.73%
Smart 39 20.21%
Other 17 8.81%
Undecided 14 7.25%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 12:42 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,347,306 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this has been posted. Relax. No need to worry. For --

if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I've done before!).

-- Donald J. Trump. By tweet. October 7, 2019 11:38 AM

There should have been a poll option for : Megalomania at work.

Last edited by EveryLady; 10-07-2019 at 12:58 PM..

Old 10-07-2019, 12:43 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He seriously tweeted that? Or is that a parody?
Sadly, it is a real tweet from the POTUS.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
If Turkey attacks the Kurds, kick them out of NATO, shut down Incirlik, kill all their trade deals, levy massive sanctions on their assets, and start drawing up target packages. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This has got to be the first ever post I agree with you on.

We probably have more in common, than either of us want to admit.
Feet get planted in the sand just for spite, at times.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
No one will trust the US now - another "great" job by Trump who is nothing but an ADHD impulse child.

Meanwhile, China and Russia are partnering up military strategies which will create a real problem and they are nearby in strategic location. Better snatch up India while they are just sitting the middle for now.
Just throwing this out there - maybe Syria wouldn’t be in this mess if Barry, Hillary, and Brennan hadn’t tried to overthrow Assad in the first place

Old 10-07-2019, 01:01 PM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If Turkey attacks the Kurds, kick them out of NATO, shut down Incirlik, kill all their trade deals, levy massive sanctions on their assets, and start drawing up target packages. Simple as that.

We probably have more in common, than either of us want to admit.
Feet get planted in the sand just for spite, at times.
I don’t think Trump would do anything. Russia basically did this to Crimea and Trump wants them back into NATO. I have seen no example of Trump punishing a Dictator.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
I listened to Bryan Suits of the Dark Secret Place radio show. He is a journalist who served overseas a few times and got wounded in the Middle East so he has 'sources' and always gives much better info than mainstream media does on all things military. He doesn't like Trump generally, but supports this decision to pull out of Syria.

I wish I had paid more attention the other night when he was talking about the Kurds. Evidently there are two different types of Kurds (who knew?) -- good guys who are our allies and Krazy Kurds who hate everyone and just go crazy! I think he said the ones in Syria are the crazy ones who have 'history' with Turkey. So let Turkey deal with them. Trump has threatened Turkey with retaliation of they mistreat the Kurds in an illegal way.

Why should we lose American lives and money fighting foreign wars which don't benefit us? This is why Trump built up the Saudis and encouraged them to form a coalition with Israel and other ME countries. Let them defend themselves. The EU should participate as well since this conflict is in their neighborhood, not ours.

Also, i just found out the EU refuses to take back their own prisoners who had joined terrorist groups. Why should we pay for them?.

The politicians who disagree with Trump should be investigated to see if they are in bed with weapons dealers (Pelosit and Schiffty are cozy with a Ukrainian arms dealer). Lots of money to be made.in war.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:18 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,453 times
Default Remember When Left Warned Trump Was A Loose Cannon Couldn’t Be Trust With Nuclear Codes, Trump Pulls Troops Out Of Syria

Now he’s being criticized for being too dovish...he just can’t win..

Quote:
Pat Robertson ‘Appalled’ By Trump: He ‘Allowed Khashoggi to Be Cut in Pieces,’ May Lose ‘The Mandate of Heaven’ Over Syria
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/pat-r...syria-pullout/

Old 10-07-2019, 01:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Where does anyone get that the US is some sort of ally of the Kurds? We participated jointly in one thing, that does not mean now all of a sudden we suppose to defend and participate with each other in everything.

If anyone has an issue with Turkey's action, then by all means, condemn the invasion and occupation of Syria, arm Syria to push Turkey out. The Kurds are a non state entity, the US should not be arming nor providing military assistance for such entities.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:23 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just throwing this out there - maybe Syria wouldn’t be in this mess if Barry, Hillary, and Brennan hadn’t tried to overthrow Assad in the first place
If the US and Saudi Arabia did not get involved, the conflict would have never really started, Assad would have retained control, no ISIS in Syria, no Turk, Kurds issue in Syria.

If ISIS was such a threat, the US should have been arming Assad and providing assistance.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:29 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That tweet should worry people. It’s one thing for Rush Limbaugh to say in jest on a talk show.

It’s another when the leader of the free world starts talking like a dictator.

What’s next, replacing Jesus with Trump on the cross? Let me call my jeweler, I like a false idol.
Great way to take Joe Scarborough off impeachment message while they "panic" over the tweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies