Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 09:22 AM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I think most Trump supporters will cringe a bit at some of his rhetoric, but the thing is....
We have watched how democrats villainize republicans who run for president. ANY republican and its not just we don't like your policies, its you are evil, you hate women, minorities, "he wants to put ya'll back in chains" type of nonsense and we haven't been good at fighting back. Then comes along Trump, who doesn't give a rip about what someone else says, because he will fire back x10. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like some tempering, but republicans have played nice and apologized for years, and of course that does no good. You cannot apologize or reason with a mob.

But that could definitely be said for "both sides"
I mean the right were the ones trying to say Obama was a terrorist, wasn't born in this country, was just looking to give away free stuff to anyone with a hand out, they claimed (though no one has still explained how) that Obama stoked the flames of racism.

I'm not saying two wrongs make a right. But I'm saying that that's not the Left talking "smack" about the poor innocent right, it's politics. That's what happens in a two party system, sadly.
I'm just hoping that Trump doesn't start a trend of Presidents (Republican & Democratic) who verbally attack their opponents and roughly 50% of the country at every chance they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 09:25 AM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
In Dem, liberal, progressive eyes, winning the presidency over Hillary is illegal. The left has been on this I want my way vengeance since he won. The problem for the left is we see right past your shenanigans.

But again, the Right did the exact same thing. Remember "Voter Fraud" even though there was absolutely no proof whatsoever.

I'm not a dem or a repub, so maybe i see things differently, but damn, it's so blatantly obvious that "you guys" are opposite sides of the exact same coin. It's weird that more people don't seem to be able to see that.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:32 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
In Dem, liberal, progressive eyes, winning the presidency over Hillary is illegal. The left has been on this I want my way vengeance since he won. The problem for the left is we see right past your shenanigans.
"winning the presidency over Hillary is illegal." Prove it!

"The problem for the left is we see right past your shenanigans. The only thing the left has is shenanigans!

Old 10-10-2019, 10:37 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So nice to have adoring fans.

What are the odds, do you think, that you're the fist person to drop the super-duper original "you need a psychiatrist" line on me?

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.
"so nice to have adoring fans" No less then left with both clinton's and the"Messiaen obama.

"you're the fist person to drop the super-duper original "you need a psychiatrist" line on me? None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:39 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
I have family and a few friends who are supporters of #45. While I don't agree with them, I do know that they aren't Trump fans because "they are racist, xenophobic, hate mongers" They see some value in him.

I'm sure that, trolls aside, most people who support Trump are the same.

So my question, to those people (not the childlike trolls who just want to fight on the internet because they are bored today) is, if Trump would stop acting out in these childish ways. If he curbed his ego. If he stopped assigning silly names to other adults. If he were humble. If he acted more presidential. Understanding that his job is to govern all of the people, even those who don't support or like him. If he made efforts to reach across the aisle. Would you still support him?

I've been trying to figure this out. Because I can recognize that he's done some good (I don't think it outweighs the bad) but I think that if I were a Trump supporter I would still be embarassed by the way he presents himself and represents the country as a whole.
I think a lot of Americans would be able to tolerate Trump A LOT more if he wasn't so childish.

Take his political views and agendas off the table, just look at Trump the person. His awful, strange hair. His arrogance. The name-calling. The insults. He's 73 years old but acts like a child.

Though I don't agree with anything he's done since taking office, if he could act like a mature adult and be civil with people he disagrees with, I would be able to stomach him.

But he's not mature, he's not civil. He's an awful person.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:53 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Embedded in your question is an accusatory attitude that people might stop supporting him if he stopped his childish behavior. I know of nobody who likes his tweets and and other childish actions, but reasonable voters are able to look beyond that to the policies he supports and compare them to the horrible far-left policies now being bandied about by the liberal nominees.

That's something you liberals don't seem able to comprehend. An unattractive personality is NOT enough to negate policies and attitudes that are better for the country than the ones from the Democrats. You could put up the most pleasant, charming, articulate, well-mannered guy in the world, and if he advocates for decriminalizing illegal aliens, making other people pay off college debt of others, giving health care to illegals, increasing taxes massively on the middle class in order to provide free college and Medicaid-for-all, supporting sanctuary cities for those who break laws, etc., etc., he won't get my vote.
+1.
As a dem walkaway, I could see where Trump might attract yet more walkaways if he was better mannered. However, the left have gone so far left and have become so rabid with their hate for Trump that they'd rather sink the country than work with him to get ANYTHING done or even reach some middle ground. That has furthered my walkaway distance from the dems and has me in mindset now where I rather enjoy Trump's brash way of dealing them. You've **** your own bed Dems, sleep in it.
Regarding Trumps brash way of approaching things, sometimes it's needed to be successful in business. We needed someone that would get tough on trade and pretty much get in peoples faces instead of cow-towing to foreign leaders of countries that are ripping us off to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars each year.

Last edited by rkcarguy; 10-10-2019 at 11:01 AM..

Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I think a lot of Americans would be able to tolerate Trump A LOT more if he wasn't so childish.

Take his political views and agendas off the table, just look at Trump the person. His awful, strange hair. His arrogance. The name-calling. The insults. He's 73 years old but acts like a child.

Though I don't agree with anything he's done since taking office, if he could act like a mature adult and be civil with people he disagrees with, I would be able to stomach him.

But he's not mature, he's not civil. He's an awful person.
Pretty much this. I didn't care for W's politics, but he always seemed 'presidential' to me. I was in the service during Clinton's last years, all of W, and beginning of Obama, and whether or not I liked their politics, they seemed to be THE President. Trump is the first time I've felt different. He actually doesn't seem to like the job (where you popularity, as it were, can be challenged every single day).

Last edited by 66nexus; 10-10-2019 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 10-10-2019, 01:08 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So nice to have adoring fans.

What are the odds, do you think, that you're the fist person to drop the super-duper original "you need a psychiatrist" line on me?

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.
If that many people are telling you that "you need a psychiatrist"...perhaps you do need a psychiatrist...

Old 10-10-2019, 01:11 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Let me tell you a story, in hopes that it might make sense why someone would see another in a different light after the election:

D is a friend who has a child with Down Syndrome. Every single breath she takes has something to do with rights for her child and for any and all with disabilities. It is all she thinks and cares about in this whole world. She assumes that people who are in her family and close friends, who were there to watch her for years and years not be able to have a child, then finally have one and go through everything she has gone through, and her child has gone through, love her child and want the best for her child as she does.
When T***p openly mocked the reporter with disabilities, followed by him almost passing a bill (IIRC) which would disallow many disabled to continue getting the benefits they had been getting, D was horrified and appalled, and just sure that she would NEVER know anyone who would dare to vote for such a hate-monger; vote for someone who showed such hatred toward her child; vote for someone who would disallow her child to be as normal as possible, and vote for someone who would normalize or even glorify the bullying of her child as he himself did.
Our other friend, K, come to find out, did vote for T***p.

Shall I finish this story?
Please do. I would like to hear more about D, who seems to think the whole world revolves around her.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:13 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If that many people are telling you that "you need a psychiatrist"...perhaps you do need a psychiatrist...
The voices in your head are only a problem if you disagree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies