Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 04:42 PM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't know why Trump had to go into all that "he died like a dog. He died a coward" crap. The message should simply be that if you commit crimes against our people, we will find you and kill you, you cannot hide.

I was pretty shocked that al-Baghdadi took his 3 kids out with him. It just emphasizes how brutal he was.
Most if not all fundamentalist Muslims consider dogs unclean and avoid any contact with them. Calling someone a dog is highly insulting. Trump knew exactly what he was doing when he said "he died like a dog". It was just one final dig at ISIS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 10:14 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Sean Spicer had the BEST comment on Twitter. Classic!

https://twitter.com/sean_spicier/sta...20767815860225
Says the man who did just that while employed by Trump.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:37 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Says the man who did just that while employed by Trump.
Trump is a terrorist?!?

Old 11-01-2019, 10:13 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
BTW - Committing suicide is generally a cowards way out, regardless of this particular subject. Not wanting to face the consequences of your actions or deal with whatever mentally/physically ails you is cowardly.
This is the thought process of someone who sees things in black or white, either/or. Suicide is not cowardly. I'm not taking about this terrorist scum here. I mean the typical person who thinks about suicide or acts on it, people you know and interact with in every day life. You're so willing to make political points against some dead POS that you fail to recognize how triggering your words could be to someone you know and, maybe, love. I hope you never share yur misguided opinion in the company of someone who has considered suicide. You may never know and probably won't care how it affects them

Old 11-01-2019, 10:20 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
From the current version of the column --
Quote:
(An earlier version of this column included a sentence questioning whether Trump was right to call Baghdadi a coward. The line was removed because it unintentionally conveyed the impression that I considered Baghdadi courageous. As I wrote on Sunday, “Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was, as President Trump said, ‘a sick and depraved man,’ so his removal from this earth is good news.”)
Leave it to a Trump supporter to take a small part of the overall column and make it the main part while at the same time misconstruing what was written in the first place.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:52 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
What's next for Wapo and their ilk? Will they try and cast this dead terrorist as some type of freedom fighter martyr that fought the good just battle against the evil empire making USA ?

Thanks for reminding us how far to the Left you have swung Wapo.

BIG UGH.

I don't think it was wise of Trump to say what he did but as we know Trump tells it like it is, the man has no filter, and he was right. Killing innocent people in this case Baghdadi killing his kids is an act of a cowardly sick dog. He was afraid to face the justice the world would have levelled on him. Still he did us all a favor by killing himself otherwise what kind of trial would he have and where would he be sent to rot for the rest of his miserable life? Gitmo?

Old 11-03-2019, 04:24 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This is the thought process of someone who sees things in black or white, either/or. Suicide is not cowardly. I'm not taking about this terrorist scum here. I mean the typical person who thinks about suicide or acts on it, people you know and interact with in every day life. You're so willing to make political points against some dead POS that you fail to recognize how triggering your words could be to someone you know and, maybe, love. I hope you never share yur misguided opinion in the company of someone who has considered suicide. You may never know and probably won't care how it affects them
WT?

For starters don't give me this "triggering" PC nonsensical term and expect me to go along with it.

I do not know what your background is, but I have taken classes and had training when it comes to the subject of suicide and those who want to commit it.
I have worked suicide hotlines as well.
Many people claiming to want to commit suicide really do not want to, it is just a cry for help. That gives you an opportunity to help find the right resources for them.
However you have to assume every single one is serious lest you have a chance to save one, but didn't take them seriously.
Even though it is volunteer work, it is stressful, and I took it seriously.

So no, I am not injecting politics into it. There was nothing political about Robin Williams for example, but aside from potential mental illness and/or substance abuse, many people who actually commit suicide are being cowards, rather than facing and trying to overcome their maladies/problems.

`

Old 11-03-2019, 04:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Head of isis is a good guy?

Old 11-04-2019, 07:36 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Head of isis is a good guy?
I hear Hitler loved his German Shepherd and Stalin his Black Russian Terrier.
Heck even Mussolini loved his pet lion.

`

Old 11-07-2019, 10:05 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
He blew himself up.............like a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies