Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:23 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,562,333 times

Advertisements

Tommy Maranges is "Philosophy Bro", not this guy. This thread made me think Tommy did something wrong rather than just some random.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 07:25 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,315,434 times
Well, since the only feces that rural people might accidentally step in is in a pasture and comes from livestock and they don't have typhoid tent cities or murder numbers in the triple digits in their towns, maybe they aren't the ones who have made "bad" decisions....

Old 11-08-2019, 07:38 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,765,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
They're getting along just fine, they like their way of life and where they have chosen to live. It's not up to anyone else to decide how other people should live their lives...

This.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:45 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
Every redneck I know and being one I know a whole bunch of them, rely on the same government services, the same infrastructure, the same Walmart as I do. I'm a better shot than 90% of em and I am better fisherman than every single one I know. They all quote ol Bocephus when their drunk around the fire, braggin on how they'd survive like a country boy but most of 'em would fold like a card table if things ever got hard.

That said, this guy isn't the voice of anything but himself.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:48 AM

78,447 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Does this future barrista explain what *exactly* makes them "bad people"? Or define what they think "rural" is?

Oh, fyi....I googled this idiot and you'll probably be able to guess what college he's at within 3 tries.

Maybe his next thesis can be about the impact of echo chamber immersion on cognitive function and stereotyping.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:54 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,114 times
Calm down. This is more like code talk with the real target of discussion being inner city folks. All those like them are bad and everything bad is their fault because they aren't modern enough. That's what it all comes down to.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:09 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Every redneck I know and being one I know a whole bunch of them, rely on the same government services, the same infrastructure, the same Walmart as I do. I'm a better shot than 90% of em and I am better fisherman than every single one I know. They all quote ol Bocephus when their drunk around the fire, braggin on how they'd survive like a country boy but most of 'em would fold like a card table if things ever got hard.

That said, this guy isn't the voice of anything but himself.
Same, But I live in the city . But when I did live in the country, I observed the same thing. They're not as self-reliant as they would like to pretend.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:15 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Look closely at most so-called "country people" and you will find they are anything but....they rely 100% on the same stuff we all do.

It is somewhat true that, in our modern society, those who decide not to pursue a specialized education (in trades and/or in other knowledge based industries) will largely be left behind. I think the Opiate Crisis and the amazing reliance of places like WV on the Federal Dole prove this out.

They aren't bad people. They - or their parent and then they - made decisions which are not, in the modern society and world, allowing their families to be fruitful.

There are such things as metrics. These people are NOT successful.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/lo...ions-disabled/

No amount of excuses will do....isn't it the Right that tells us "you have free will"? Do these people have to live in trailers and dole out massive amounts of pills to their families each morning?
Pretty sure those trailer park bandits vote democrat. Same with section 8 housing types.

What is also true is that country people can figure out how to survive no matter what. That average Urban subway rider won't be able to function without city transit, store bought food, or the corner Starbucks. The point is moot because short of a nuclear exchange nothing will happen.

Live in a city if that is your thing but please dont slander those who opt not to.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:17 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
That author is a ****ing idiot.

But when you take the words of one individual and then extrapolate it to a group of people by using "they" ... it doesn't make you any better than that author.
You think his view is singular?

LOL, really??

Old 11-08-2019, 08:28 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Look closely at most so-called "country people" and you will find they are anything but....they rely 100% on the same stuff we all do.

It is somewhat true that, in our modern society, those who decide not to pursue a specialized education (in trades and/or in other knowledge based industries) will largely be left behind. I think the Opiate Crisis and the amazing reliance of places like WV on the Federal Dole prove this out.

They aren't bad people. They - or their parent and then they - made decisions which are not, in the modern society and world, allowing their families to be fruitful.

There are such things as metrics. These people are NOT successful.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/lo...ions-disabled/

No amount of excuses will do....isn't it the Right that tells us "you have free will"? Do these people have to live in trailers and dole out massive amounts of pills to their families each morning?
Wow, Craig.....lotta generalizations there buddy....
Funny how everyone I know would be considered rural, and you failed to describe even one of them. You must be a city boy......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies