Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 01:34 PM

15,854 posts, read 6,557,396 times

Advertisements

Hard to imagine what things would have been like if Kelly and Tillerson hadn't done what they did. A couple of examples mentioned include withdrawing U.S. troops from S. Korea and the U.S. pulling out of NATO. These could still happen of course; DT is a loose cannon loaded with chain shot and ready to blast the rigging.

Looks like she has some presidential ambitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 01:40 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
This is what hes up against and hes still doing so well!

He would be better off hiring a bunch of marines or good fellas like me and you. I cant believe the corruption in DC.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...elf-until-now/
She has no idea whose side she's on. And yet people are putting her on the 2024 ticket?

Old 11-11-2019, 02:39 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
I just knew it would be the Gateway Pundit or the Conservative Treehouse, two of the far rights favorite sources.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:56 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,613 times
Seems like she is patiently waiting her turn to just rip Trump a new one.... as soon as he is no longer in office.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:20 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,867 times
I just finished Nikki Haley's memoir With All Due Respect. It's somewhat self-serving and self-fawning, as can be expected from DC memoirs, but still a good read with interesting behind the scenes commentary on the Trump White House.

Overall she seems to have the heart of a liberal, but the mind of a conservative. I like her a lot. She paints a pretty positive picture of Trump and his admin.

This is my favorite quote from the book:

Quote:
Later, I talked to a meeting of American supporters of Israel about the new approach we were bringing to the UN.

"I wear heels," I said. "It's not for a fashion statement. It's because if I see something wrong, we're going to kick them every single time."( p. 139)

Old 02-07-2020, 05:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
This is what hes up against and hes still doing so well!

He would be better off hiring a bunch of marines or good fellas like me and you. I cant believe the corruption in DC.
Haley targeted two of Trump’s picks, Kelly and Tillerson.

People form alliances and build consensus within social structures, all the time.

Haley served in the Trump Admin one year and resigned on good terms. Why did she separate herself from the Admin?

Old 02-07-2020, 05:45 PM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Subvert? You mean brief him on the pros and cons of a decision instead of winging it? Sometimes I think 4 more years of Trump would be a great way to delete the Republican Party and Democrats break their own necks in the process as well.

Maybe we could finally get past these nonsense gang wars of two useless parties that do nothing but protect their own horrible policies and peddle lies to the public.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Haley targeted two of Trump’s picks, Kelly and Tillerson.

People form alliances and build consensus within social structures, all the time.

Haley served in the Trump Admin one year and resigned on good terms. Why did she separate herself from the Admin?
She was UN ambassador from Jan 2017 to Jan 2019, so 2 years. I don't think it's fair to say that she "targeted" Kelly and Tillerson, although she did butt heads with them. From her book:

Quote:
As soon as I could, I requested a meeting with the president [regarding Putin and Russia]. Chief of Staff Kelly stalled on it and would never call me back. Finally, I called the president and told him I had been requesting a meeting for days and wasn't getting a response. Within an hour I had the meeting. Kelly didn't appreciate it and let me know.(p. 184)
Kelly of course was COS and supposed to be in charge of scheduling the time of the POTUS. Sounds like he did a poor job of it, forcing Haley to jump the chain of command.

I think she left just because she felt it was time to move on. Trump did not want her to go, according to her book. Finances may have played a part. Usually in DC your opportunities to cash in come only after you leave official duties.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:52 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
I don’t need rot buy a book to know that Trump is an intellectually incurious boor who governs based on uninformed gut feelings.

His great comeuppance will come when he leaves office and the only people willing to associate with him will be those he despises; uneducated lower middle class rural people.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don’t need rot buy a book to know that Trump is an intellectually incurious boor who governs based on uninformed gut feelings....
What does this even mean? I would be sure to post something semi-coherent when accusing others of being a "boor.'

Another interesting point from Nikki Haley's book is the utter absurdity of the Russian Collusion claims. She spends much of her time as UN ambassador butting heads with the Russians, with the full support of Trump. The collusion claims should have been realized as prima facie idiotic from the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies