Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
That is ultimately where this is going. Once it becomes too costly to get rid of these people, then comes the firing squads and gas chambers. I truly believe there is a segment of the American population that would support it. OP among them. Of course there will be denial but the DACA residents are spoken of as faceless monsters that need to be removed. The 'by any means necessary' is coming next. The current administration is testing the American public by first putting children in cages and, oops, some of them die. There is not much outrage so the administration will keep taking it further. I hope I speak in hyperbole only...

You realize that the current administration didn't start this. This was originally started by Obama.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:19 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
All

Old 11-13-2019, 08:20 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
All.
Of them!

Old 11-13-2019, 08:41 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If illegal aliens can blend in, live squeaky clean lives, follow housing ordinances, raise children to be self-supporting (that means a HS degree, at a minimum) can remain. The others....out.
That's a pretty good list. I'd counter, on the driving violation point, that people here without proper documentation should not be able to get driver's licenses - or any other official form of ID - in the first place.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:50 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
I am no fan of illegal immigration.

At the same time, it does not seem right to deport people that where brought here as children and have lived in the US, some times, for decades and are responsible, working people.

I would give them a path to citizenship and focus more on current immigration, denying those that fail to use legal entry points and procedures. I do not see an issue with establishing special cases or maximum numbers over some time frame. If those numbers are reached, you go on a waiting list. If you enter illegally, you are barred from ever coming in legally.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:52 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
You realize that the current administration didn't start this. This was originally started by Obama.
Obama also gave millions health insurance and Trump has taken it or wants to take it away. Point being, the current administration does not need to continue a policy from the previous and make it worse.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:53 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
All of.the above

Old 11-13-2019, 08:54 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times
Quote:
Obama also gave millions health insurance and Trump has taken it or wants to take it away. Point being, the current administration does not need to continue a policy from the previous and make it worse.
Point being, the part about the cages wasn't started by Trump like people keep saying.
As for health insurance, Obama ended up taking my parents health insurance away. Because of Obama care their rates went up 3 times what it was.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:56 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Since we did this to ourselves by not creating and enforcing a rational immigration law, at this point the best policy is an amnesty tied to a new comprehensive immigration law that keeps people out unless they are likely to be immediately self-sufficient. So that means a money requirement, an English language requirement, an education requirement, a health insurance purchase requirement, and a 10 year period of no access to welfare funds of any kind. Plus adequately protected border crossings and a no tolerance policy to illegal invaders.

I would let everyone here stay if going forward the problem were ENDED. Since it is our fault they are here, we have to pay the price and let them stay. I don’t want to live in a country that rounds up people and forcibly removes them, when we told them by our inaction that it was ok for them to be here.

And throwing out someone who arrived here at 6 years old and has done nothing wrong is tyranny. Can’t have that. Let’s trade amnesty for a tough new law that is fully funded and protects us from future invasions.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:56 AM

50,323 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
That is ultimately where this is going. Once it becomes too costly to get rid of these people, then comes the firing squads and gas chambers. I truly believe there is a segment of the American population that would support it. OP among them. Of course there will be denial but the DACA residents are spoken of as faceless monsters that need to be removed. The 'by any means necessary' is coming next. The current administration is testing the American public by first putting children in cages and, oops, some of them die. There is not much outrage so the administration will keep taking it further. I hope I speak in hyperbole only...
So much drama. You sneak into a bar from the exit and get caught. You get tossed out. Deal with it. You break into someone's house you can get shot. Which one do you want.

These people are not supposed to be here no matter how much BS you pretend to care about. The only people these DACA types need to hate on is their own parents who put them in this situation. Joe Blow tax payer isn't responsible for these moron's personal bad choices to have kids they can't afford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.