Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 05:32 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,405,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How do you know? Have you ever been there?

But, you think the Violent and Destructive rioting they call "protests" by BLM and ANTIFA is fine. But because this occurred in a place you think is "weird" (flyover, redneck country) where they destroyed nothing and hurt nobody, that's different?

Total hypocrisy on your part. I lived in Lexington, KY for three and a half years, and never once did I think it was "weird".
Oh boy I have visited Lexington on a regular
basis for the last 40 years and trust something ain't right .
Very odd people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 05:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,667 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Does a great job to dispel all the stereotypes and innuendo's about Kentucky....
Between this story and the store owner who won't allow customers to come into his store in Kentucky, it's been a bit of a bad news day for Kentucky. Of course, there will be some who think this is a good news day.
*shrug*

Old 05-25-2020, 05:59 PM

41,994 posts, read 75,295,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Kentucky is one weird state.
It can be, yes; crazy stuff like that is happening all over the place, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
However, I do wonder why gun nuts keep acting as if these COVID restrictions are tantamount to taking their guns away? That’s weird.
Yeah, I can't figure it out, either. Logic doesn't seem to be their strong suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How do you know? Have you ever been there?
Why, yes, I have. I try to avoid painting everyone with the same brush, so while not everyone in Kentucky is playing with less than a full deck, but the Commonwealth surely has more than its share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
And those who still use the phrase "gun nuts" will never get it. Stop trying.
So maybe you can tell us what the Second Amendment has to do with pandemic restrictions? Go light on the hyperbole and logical fallacies, please.

Quote:
But what in gods name does the second amendment have to do with this pandemic, why do they need to bring guns to all these protests. Always good to bring a gun to a protest to convince people you are a rational human being. Also don't forget to drape that American Flag around you so they at least know you are a true patriot while you make a fool out of yourself.
The logic escapes me as well; most likely because there isn't any to be found. Perhaps someone more "enlightened" than you or I can help ...

Old 05-25-2020, 06:03 PM

34,087 posts, read 17,145,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Because one cannot be arrested having broken no laws.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,667 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Take Back Kentucky is denying they organized the event; although they stop short of condemning the hanging in effigy.

They do have a very tepid comment: the rally was "marred" by a late in the day incident.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TakeBack...=page_internal

Old 05-25-2020, 06:24 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,126,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
And those who still use the phrase "gun nuts" will never get it. Stop trying.
I think there’s a difference between gun owners and gun nuts..

Old 05-25-2020, 06:27 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
They will have their way but the stats will spike
We suffer as a people not from disease or financial crisis but a lack of fear
Fearless and defenseless is a bad combination

Old 05-26-2020, 08:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Quote:
I actually like Gov Beshear one of the few republican governors that went against the grain on Trump and McConnell. But what in gods name does the second amendment have to do with this pandemic, why do they need to bring guns to all these protests. Always good to bring a gun to a protest to convince people you are a rational human being. Also don't forget to drape that American Flag around you so they at least know you are a true patriot while you make a fool out of yourself.
LOL, I think you need to go back and read US history!

Old 05-26-2020, 08:35 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It can be, yes; crazy stuff like that is happening all over the place, though.

Yeah, I can't figure it out, either. Logic doesn't seem to be their strong suit.

Why, yes, I have. I try to avoid painting everyone with the same brush, so while not everyone in Kentucky is playing with less than a full deck, but the Commonwealth surely has more than its share.

So maybe you can tell us what the Second Amendment has to do with pandemic restrictions? Go light on the hyperbole and logical fallacies, please.

The logic escapes me as well; most likely because there isn't any to be found. Perhaps someone more "enlightened" than you or I can help ...
The 2nd Amendment is the best defense against tyranny, so people bringing guns to a state capitol is an intimidation, a threat of what the people COULD DO, if govt enacts tyrannical or unconstitutional laws or restrictions.

I COMMEND the people who brought guns, that is their responsibility as American citizens! This is how American citizens are supposed to respond to tyranny.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:46 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Oh boy I have visited Lexington on a regular
basis for the last 40 years and trust something ain't right .
Very odd people.
How were they "odd"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies