Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:18 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I see, in a perfect world for you, you'd basically be a black supremacist. Lovely.
So you'd rather her be a white supremacist like yourself.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:33 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Sorry, folks. I've been a little busy and gone for a while.....
Man, I'm off a computer for just one whole day and I miss alot.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:40 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
The only one thing that I disagree with is not getting over slavery and that I feel most American born blacks (ABB) feel that they are the only ones that get picked on, or facing racism. I think this kind of "special circumstance" mind-set comes from the slavery days and that kind of thinking continues to be handed down generation after generation (to this day since your were born in 1988). For example, I was pulled over in TN for having NY plates, I was told to go home by blacks and whites because I am asian (few examples). What I realize and what blacks have not is that pple are pple they don't make or break who I am as an individual. Racism, ignorance, stereo type and so many other failed human characterists that is part of our make up. I don't let them affect me. When I grew up I was the only asian in my whole schl from the age of 9 to 18. I was teased called names like "*****, ***" to name a few and stereo typed horribly...it affected me as a person, but I used this exp. to be stronger! I moved on!

what black people do you personally know?
In every post you and mui type on how bad black people are
and if i remeber Mui is asian also maybe theres a connection between you two

Old 05-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimor View Post
lol what does him not being a christian have to do with being an american? lol you are ****ed up!

what does religion have to do with the term AMERICAN, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! just cause your anti-gov does not take away religous affiliation, got damn some americans are dumb
I KNOW not being a Christiain has nothing to do with being American. If you had watched any Fox News, you'd know why I typed "This man isn't a Christian, he's anti-American trash!" Because that's what you here from Sean and Bill'O on a daily basis.
I CAN tell the difference between anti-American and anti-government, and religion doesn't have anything to do with that. The media just constantly says something about Wright being a Christian. And if you've ever seen some of the comments about Wright on this forum alone, you wouldn't have just posted the above.
I may be young, but I not that stupid.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:44 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Yup, just as I suspected. You think because a law was passed, everything is "normal" now. Ok, I'll let you continue to think that. I do know for a fact that even the most naive white person would not believe that passing a law "fixes" everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Can you say: JIM CROW abolished in 1965.

google it!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:54 PM

402 posts, read 1,016,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
what black people do you personally know?
In every post you and mui type on how bad black people are and if i remeber Mui is asian also maybe theres a connection between you two
W/O going into too much of my history. I know many ABB's...both my neighobrs are blacks! Interesting though, on the left of me ABB that is a reverend and the right is from Jamaica. They are very different in thinking, the way they present themselves and so on.

I don't judge or even see color, but decide on an individual basis. I was just answering my thoughts to the OP and it doesn't surprise me about these personal attacks either. Why can't we get over racism? Maybe it's reply like yours of "ATTACK" rather than having a discussion.

In regards to the "asian" thing, first you think it's the whites? Now it's the asians? So any race outside of black that don't agree with you exactly are racist! This hate...your type of remarks is part of what is keeping pple from progress.

Are you black? If yes, the world must be getting smaller for you. It's sad that you think the whole world is against you! This is the mentality that will keep pple down.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:59 PM

232 posts, read 948,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I KNOW not being a Christiain has nothing to do with being American. If you had watched any Fox News, you'd know why I typed "This man isn't a Christian, he's anti-American trash!" Because that's what you here from Sean and Bill'O on a daily basis.
I CAN tell the difference between anti-American and anti-government, and religion doesn't have anything to do with that. The media just constantly says something about Wright being a Christian. And if you've ever seen some of the comments about Wright on this forum alone, you wouldn't have just posted the above.
I may be young, but I not that stupid.
okay give me your point of view onbeing anti-american and anti-gov!!!!!
THE GOV DOES HAS ITS CONNECTION W/AMERICA AND DOES THINGS INTHE NAME OF AMERICA SO........

Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Yup, just as I suspected. You think because a law was passed, everything is "normal" now. Ok, I'll let you continue to think that. I do know for a fact that even the most naive white person would not believe that passing a law "fixes" everything.
I'm sorry, I must be blind that I cannot see the white only water fontains, the white only hospitals, the white only military, the white only businesses.

The fact is, times they are a changin', life is not so harsh as it was in 1850 or as it was in 1950. I think there are those that cannot let go of the pain of the past because to do so would mean to start taking personal responsibility within your own life and communities. And then whatever would Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do for a living?

But of course I do know and recognize that racism does continue, that there are individuals who will not like a person based soley on race (or nationality or religion), and that is a damn shame. But do your Grandparents the justice they deserve, the hell that they lived through i.e. Jim Crow laws is not the America that you currently inhabit. What would your grandfather have given to have the life you now lead, the opportunities you have? Don't spit on the achievements and yes suffering of the past by bitching that someone on the subway didn't look you in the eye because your black.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:11 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
In regards to the "asian" thing, first you think it's the whites? Now it's the asians? So any race outside of black that don't agree with you exactly are racist! This hate...your type of remarks is part of what is keeping pple from progress.

damn i was kidding about that

Quote:
W/O going into too much of my history. I know many ABB's...both my neighobrs are blacks! Interesting though, on the left of me ABB that is a reverend and the right is from Jamaica. They are very different in thinking, the way they present themselves and so on.
Do you personally know them?

Quote:
The only one thing that I disagree with is not getting over slavery and that I feel most American born blacks (ABB) feel that they are the only ones that get picked on, or facing racism.
Does the reverend think like that?

Old 05-01-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimor View Post
okay give me your point of view onbeing anti-american and anti-gov!!!!!
THE GOV DOES HAS ITS CONNECTION W/AMERICA AND DOES THINGS INTHE NAME OF AMERICA SO........
My defs....

Anti-Govenment- hate of the people incharge of this country because of the policies that oppress all of us. They're hated because don't listen to anyone but themselves. They're hated because they start wars and don't know how to finnish them. And the fact that they do it all "in the name of America", makes it sad, because they are SUPOSED to represent us.

Anti-American - Just a general hatred of anyone who lives in America, no matter what their status and the freedoms this country was (or what it should be) based on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies