Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 11:11 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
They need the National Guard to restore order! People's lives are literally at stake. People need to get to doctor's appointments, chemo, dialysis, work, etc. The streets can't be clogged up with mobs, and city buildings can't be occupied like this.
It's been a long time since I lived in Seattle. I lived on Boren Ave for a few years when I first moved there, so I went to Capital Hill for my groceries, and I used to work at a bar there after they moved from their downtown location. A lot of people frequented "The Comet" on Capital Hill, (not where I worked), which is/was a dive tavern, but where you'll hear the most insane talk you've ever heard by these types of people.

Anyway, 12th and Pine used to be on the edge of a black neighborhood. Don't know if it is still like that. It's just a few blocks up from Broadway, but once you left Broadway, it wasn't but just a few blocks to walk until you reached the black neighborhood area.

It was also where a police precinct was located - the bar that I worked in was right around the block from that precinct. I know that area very well - as it was when I lived there.

The main street of Capital Hill, Broadway, had the community college, a handful of grocery stores, some restaurants, and little shops that sold beads, trinkets, incense, etc. Most of the hospitals are on First Hill - Boren Ave, which is not considered Capital Hill.

There are ways around their little zone, thankfully, but it still stands that if someone just outside that zone had a heart attack or whatever, and needed an ambulance, these people have blocked off what could be a direct route to that person and then back to the hospital.

Seattle has, for some time now, tied the hands of the police behind their backs. All of those tent cities? When I lived there, the homeless were not allowed to prop up tents, and were often moved out of the area by police, so that everyone could enjoy down town, and especially West Lake Center.

Now? They don't allow the police to do jack all. 3rd and Pine is a notorious intersection where you can find the most trouble you want in downtown Seattle after nightfall, and it's even worse, today because the police haven't been allowed to do anything.

Closer to the piers and Pioneer Square, it gets worse with the homeless people. That was true back when I lived there, and appears to remain true to this day. And then, you will find tent cities along the I-5, which were not there when I lived there. The first time I saw that, I was in complete shock. Nothing like that ever existed in the decade I lived in Seattle.

It's disgusting what the city leaders have allowed to happen to that city. It was always over priced, and it always had its problems with homeless, and it was filled to the brim with "anarchists" (they like to call themselves but they are not anarchists, they are for chaos), who spouted stupid comments like "Why do you think they call it HIS story?" You could not go to a single house party anywhere without some drunk guy, always a guy, who you didn't even know, intruding into your life and telling you that you, as a female, should understand how bad you have it because you're a female. Every. Fricken. Time.

A lot of what these sjws are doing today is of no surprise to me, because I've been hearing it since I lived in Seattle - long before the rest of the country was hearing it, and long before it became main stream. It's not new to me at all.

Keep in mind, these are the same types of people who trashed businesses in down town Seattle when the WTO was having a conference there. Back then, the news actually reported on their hypocrisy, and did not side with them, making excuses for them. I remember the photo of the "anarchist" who was trashing on...I think it was the Hard Rock Cafe, can't remember, while wearing nice, clean, new looking Nikes. But, you know, "F Capitalism!!"

Those are the parents of the new batch of idiots in Seattle right now. I know how their parents thought, because they loved to tell you all about what they thought. They talked a lot about "needs", as in "you don't need...." whatever it was that they didn't like, all the while drinking their Rolling Rock beer and smoking a cigarette. Yeah, tell me more about how I live for my "wants" and not "needs".

And cultural appropriation? They have the gall to talk about that now? How many white people did I see wearing dread locks back then? Or the Rastafarian hats? STHU about "cultural appropriation".

The entire city has been one fat cess pool of hypocrites since before I ever moved there, and nothing has changed.

I went to college in Seattle - and rest assured, the brain washing about "white guilt" and how all whites are racists, and how everything is the fault of evil white people, and how white people have no culture....we were absolutely taught that back then. None of this is new.

No, many people do not condone what they are doing right now, but I can assure you that a lot of people do, because this type of mentality has been an ongoing thing in Seattle for a very long time. And that's the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,265 posts, read 445,187 times
Can we give that state to Canada?

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
It's the limp-wristed leftist city government who are not doing their jobs!

A bit of a long video -- one hour -- but it speaks eloquently of the Seattle that is writhing and weeping in its death throes. My heart is broken for this once beautiful place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw
I used to love Seattle and still do love some things about it but the Leftist thugs have ruined it....it's theirs now at least in many areas like Cap Hill.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:13 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
ANTIFA & anarchist rule the streets because the city leaders are too afraid of upsetting them. Bet the city leaders also view the police as the evil enemy. This is the result of radical liberalism

Old 06-10-2020, 11:20 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I was just talking about this in another thread.

Look at these hypocrites. They have borders, border patrol, they are policing the area...

My "give a damn-o-meter" is officially off.

I don't care about anyone's "cause" anymore. They can rot in their self created pestilence.

Democrats are playing a dangerous game, overestimating the tolerance people are going to have for this continued nonsense.

This should have ended when the charges against Chauvin were upped to murder 2 and the other officers were charged.

I, along with many other people have gone from 100% support for the protests to ZERO.

As it is now, I don't even have any patience for the "peaceful protesters".....

Because all they're doing at this point is helping to draw out the violence, looting and destruction by giving cover to the rioters.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Yes, yes, yes to all of you! I spent most of my young adulthood on Capitol Hill and then got into a medical support career and moved to First Hill, worked in group practices and hospitals, and it was a glorious time of my life. The city used to be so vibrant and alive and it is now gray and grim and dying. It reminds me of a big slug in the garden after you've poured salt on it. My heart is broken for my second home town.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:21 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The changes they want is to get rid of police, for one thing, to create anarchy.

It isn't just liberals, it's also neo-cons like Bush and Romney going along with the charade. Maybe they don't understand, or just don't care because they are rich enough to withstand it, or maybe they are part of it.

And this thing is world wide. They are dumping statues in England.

Be very afraid.
That pretty much sums up my thought a well.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Democrats are playing a dangerous game, overestimating the tolerance people are going to have for this continued nonsense.

This should have ended when the charges against Chauvin were upped to murder 2 and the other officers were charged.

I, along with many other people have gone from 100% support for the protests to ZERO.

As it is now, I don't even have any patience for the "peaceful protesters".....

Because all they're doing at this point is helping to draw out the violence, looting and destruction by giving cover to the rioters.

Well said Bob! Well said!

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Watch party at my house. I'll supply beer.
This is how bad it is -

Seattle's mayor Jenny Durkan is a complete nutcase. She may be the most far left mayor in the US. She has stopped prosecuting most crimes, created all sorts of welfare programs, speaks highly of all left causes, holds all sorts of ultra-progressive viewpoints, and....

...the mob is trying to force her to resign. Yes, that's right, the most far left mayor in the US is not far left enough.

Where have all the normal people gone in this world?

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They will leave when they need to eat lunch or take a nap.

These liberals are so insane, I don't know what we would do for entertainment without them.

Just when you think they have reached peak crazy, they surprise you and get even nuttier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies