Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 05:34 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
See my post above. Jews are an open target, and why? Because, as a group, they dared to rise above the worst of all prejudice and become successful. The resentment toward them is palatable.
100% correct. The success Jews have achieved despite horrendous long-term oppression and mass genocide completely disproves the "we can't because... oppression" mantra beloved by the left. So, sadly, yes... Jews are particularly despised by the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 05:39 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
I'm not a supporter of that group (I'm hetero). Some people who are higher-ups and founders of BLM are part of the Alphabet Group.....something's not adding up to what you're saying (I remember seeing quotes where prominent BLM members were attaching ABCPZRQ rights onto what was originally about unarmed "black" men and women getting gunned down or killed by law enforcement.
Prop 8 in California banning same-sex marriage. 70% of Black voters voted to ban ssm. Blacks are the group with the highest percentage to do so.

Same reason Buttigieg was never going to go anywhere in the Dem primaries. Blacks, as a group, are notoriously anti-LGBTQ...

Old 06-17-2020, 05:47 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
100% correct. The success Jews have achieved despite horrendous long-term oppression and mass genocide completely disproves the "we can't because... oppression" mantra beloved by the left. So, sadly, yes... Jews are particularly despised by the left.
Yes. If Jews were failures, the left would love them.

My own father, may he RIP, was an example of what it takes to rise above prejudice. Born to uneducated, impoverished immigrants, he stayed off the streets where gangs of his high school buddies stood on the corner all day (and smoked “reefer,” to use Dad’s word) and instead cracked the books. He was rewarded with a free college education (which a decade later he parlayed into a job with a top university that paid for grad school, at that university). My mother, aunt, and uncle ALL did the same thing - poor parents in one generation, college graduates the next.

And this was all done DURING the Holocaust, and my dad knowing that his aunt and four cousins had been murdered. (Early on, they didn’t know. They just knew Hitler was targeting the Jews with roaring antisemitism.) Yet even during this time, while his mother cried for her European family, he pushed on with his education, and with his parents’ strong encouragement.

Shows that with the right mindset, one can rise above the most horrific of prejudice.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:06 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
It's a host of frightening rationalizations by which people excuse racism.

Much like the Republicans has laughably tried claiming the title of moral majority or family values.....the Democrats have tried to establish themselves as the arbiters of what is and is not racist on a case by case basis of course full of indulgences and political tenor

As such, a pervasive evil continues to spread where unequal response and treatment to racism and hate groups by both the media and disgraceful organizations and *cough* "civil rights" leaders is allowed.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:17 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/chelse...-on-instagram/

Vapid celebrities doing what they do.
Where is the outrage from Jews, whites, etc.

If this was David Duke who was praised that was being retweeted (equivalent to Calypso Louie) the "celebrities" would already have taken it down and backpedaling.

`

Old 06-17-2020, 07:31 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. Jennifer Anniston was the one who really shocked me.
Why? A huge swath of hollywood are people that speak well, are good looking and have the educational attainment of the average Walmart worker.

Throw in the ego that comes with adoration and a dash of righteousness to use their "platform" and you can get many to step up and be absolute idiots on a topic.

Plus, there are just so many "famous" people. For each Handler and Anniston you have dozens of others that likely were "WTH" and didn't say anything.

Don't get me wrong there are some bright, well educated actors etc. whether that is in a formal sense or thru independent work and expertise on a topic. Whether I agree completely or not I can appreciate a logical factual viewpoint.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:33 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:

Do far-right posters here create a new thread every time a liberal celebrity says something?

We get it. You hate liberal celebrities and think they're annoying. Hell, most of us probably feel the same way. Cool story.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:39 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do far-right posters here create a new thread every time a liberal celebrity says something?

We get it. You hate liberal celebrities and think they're annoying. Hell, most of us probably feel the same way. Cool story.
When a fellow lefty says something so stupid you can't defend it, blame the people who notice. Such a clever tactic.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:

Just another fool who gives publicity to the Nation of Racists.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:46 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why? A huge swath of hollywood are people that speak well, are good looking and have the educational attainment of the average Walmart worker.

Throw in the ego that comes with adoration and a dash of righteousness to use their "platform" and you can get many to step up and be absolute idiots on a topic.

Plus, there are just so many "famous" people. For each Handler and Anniston you have dozens of others that likely were "WTH" and didn't say anything.

Don't get me wrong there are some bright, well educated actors etc. whether that is in a formal sense or thru independent work and expertise on a topic. Whether I agree completely or not I can appreciate a logical factual viewpoint.
Well that’s part of the problem. Why are there dozens of others who thought WTH, but didn’t say anything? Where is the outrage? Had celebrities come out in praise of David Duke (or those who praised him), they would have been pummeled with accusations of being racists, and rightly so. But when it comes to antisemitism, there’s an amazing tolerance for it among the left while they - ironically - purport to be against bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies