Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know the name and voting records of ALL your local legislators
yes 14 58.33%
no 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 01:08 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,089 times

Advertisements

do you know the voting record the name and voting records (on at least 2 votes in the past 5 years) of ALL your local representatives.
this means congressman, all your state legislators, city council, town council, country representatives etc.
If you know you congressman and you state legislators but not your county legislator the answer is no.

Don't worry the poll is private.

This is why the American system is broken and will never be fixed, even the politically informed are ignoramuses. If you don't know who and what you are voting for, you are part of the problem.

Someone who answers yes is still a ignorant voter if all they know is 2 votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 01:33 AM

2,450 posts, read 973,580 times
I dunno where you live but here in Staten Island, NY I have been heavily invloved with local politics.

I personally know,

Nicole malliotakis
Senator Lanza
Senator Savino
BP James Oddo
Council-Man Mile Reily, who I have known for at least 10 years and consider him a friend.

I know what all these people are doing, I knew what their Predecessors did. I am heavily invloved on both sides of the asile. These are just the elected officals that I know. I'm not counting their COS and the behind the scenes power brokers.

The last sentence of your post is very ignorant.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
I dunno where you live but here in Staten Island, NY I have been heavily invloved with local politics.

I personally know,

Nicole malliotakis
Senator Lanza
Senator Savino
BP James Oddo
Council-Man Mile Reily, who I have known for at least 10 years and consider him a friend.

I know what all these people are doing, I knew what their Predecessors did. I am heavily invloved on both sides of the asile. These are just the elected officals that I know. I'm not counting their COS and the behind the scenes power brokers.

You failed the test Mike Reilly is an Assemblyman not a city Councilman.

Just because you know them personally doesn't mean you know their voting records, or obviously their office they occupy.

Since you know Reilly any clue why he votes like a lefty on so many votes.

Do you even know who your city councilman is?

Old 07-19-2020, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post

knowing only 2 votes that a person votes for does not mean they are not an ignorant voter.

In the NY Assembly there are over 300 controversial bills passed in a session if you know only 2 of them, the only logical way you have enough information to vote is if you know that they voted for a bill that was unforgivable. Voting the right way on 2 bills is not enough of a sample size to predict future votes. Even if you are a one issue voter there are usually more than 2 votes per term on that issue in general terms. This is even more true when expanding the number of years to 5.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:23 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
knowing only 2 votes that a person votes for does not mean they are not an ignorant voter.

In the NY Assembly there are over 300 controversial bills passed in a session if you know only 2 of them, the only logical way you have enough information to vote is if you know that they voted for a bill that was unforgivable. Voting the right way on 2 bills is not enough of a sample size to predict future votes. Even if you are a one issue voter there are usually more than 2 votes per term on that issue in general terms. This is even more true when expanding the number of years to 5.

The right way to vote is determined individually, by the individual voting, based on their own criteria.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:48 AM

5,984 posts, read 3,460,870 times
No but I do know about the issues that are actually important. I've watched 157 videos on Youtube explaining the intricate details about the radical left's plan to destroy everything as we know it. I know the truth about about BLM, George Soros, cultural Marxists, Farrakhan and Obama, satanic pedophiles, freemasons, the Illuminati, 9/11, Sandy Hook, Flight 370, Bigfoot, UFOs, chemtrails, and the Southern Strategy (or lack thereof). And let's not forget "Covid-19." These are the real issues that we all need to be worried about. Who cares about boring stuff like county representatives when we should be worried about the fate of the entire world?

Old 07-19-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
The right way to vote is determined individually, by the individual voting, based on their own criteria.
you misunderstood my point, my statement was meant in the context of a whoever the voter was regardless of the position on any issue.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:23 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
The fact I don't know their record is on me, I don't follow political activities of my officials that much.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The fact I don't know their record is on me, I don't follow political activities of my officials that much.
you are why the American republic is broken, my gut feeling is that 99% of Americans who think they are politically informed will fail this test. Though most will lie.

I hope you don't vote.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:58 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I don't know the voting record of all the Loony Libs in my state but all I need to know is that they have voted to defund the Police in a misguided knee jerk reaction to the current nonsense sweeping the nation and they did so without public input.

I don't consider myself an ignorant voter. When it comes down to voting most people grab on to one or two take away points from a candidates platform such as their stance on the Second Amendment or abortion Rights.

Maybe we should be considering a candidate and their voting record as a whole but it seems that those on the Left always vote in lock step no matter the consequences whereas Republicans or those that lean to the Right vote with their conscious. This happened recently with the Supreme Court.

With the upcoming election all it might take for someone to vote one way or another will come down to that individuals stance on the "Rights" of the protesters to riot and destroy.

Many of us don't need to know the voting record of a candidate to know what they stand for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies