Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 12:38 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,660,788 times

Advertisements

He can join Snowden in Moscow. Sure his boss will give him refuge the rest of his life. Maybe they even saved his favorite mattress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 12:38 PM

30,203 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Did OP see the comment in context, that might help. It was an offhand comment said in jest during the course of a rally. Kind of silly to make a story out of this. I guess people do it to Biden as well.
Like all the liberals who said they would leave the country in Trump won. They were also just kidding around right? Perhaps this is a trail balloon for Trump. I am sure the thought has crossed his mind.

Trump made the comment and I am just asking would he actually do it.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:46 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,476,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Trump says 'maybe I'll have to leave the country' if he loses the 2020 election to Joe Biden

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ection-2020-10

Trump loses the election and his appeal at the results. Trump, Pence and a judge board AF1. Trump resigns and Pence gets sworn in. President Pence pardons Trump for any federal charges. AF1 drops Trump in a country where he cannot be extricated. His family later follows him there.

What is the likelihood of this?
Yes, I expect him to leave the country some time after he leaves office. He doesn't want to end up like Epstein.

Once he is no longer president, Air Force One is not at his disposal, but I expect him to have plenty of time to leave on his own before formal state charges are brought up against him. Also, there may be other Federal charges which might be brought up even after he finagles a pardon for the more obvious crimes. The man is filthy dirty and it is not wise for him to stay within our borders after he loses the protection of the oval office.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:47 PM

3,175 posts, read 2,226,268 times
Quote:
Well the question was if he loses the election. That is a different question. If the senate flips then expect impeachment 2.0 to happen quickly. And they have plenty of material unlike the first time.
There is zero chance of the Democrats getting a 2/3 majority in the Senate which would be required to remove a president from office, following impeachment by the House. Republicans (save perhaps Romney) will continue to support him unconditionally.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
What's not to love about the guy?

I don't have that kind of time to complete the list. I agree with Trump that Biden is a horrible candidate. Probably the 2nd worst candidate I can remember. However he is way up in the polls because he is running against the worst candidate I can remember. and the gap between the worst and 2nd worst is huge. And he is pulling GOP senate candidates down with him. But you Trumpers will never see Trump as the emperor without clothes.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:52 PM

10,829 posts, read 4,375,072 times
Quote:
Well the question was if he loses the election. That is a different question. If the senate flips then expect impeachment 2.0 to happen quickly. And they have plenty of material unlike the first time.
2-thirds of the Senate? No chance.
And every time they try to Impeach it only helps Trump's reputation as "the outsider" who angered the swamp.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:33 PM

6,418 posts, read 8,291,209 times
I'd rather him be tried and convicted of a myriad of crimes; however, if he left and never came back, I'd take that too.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:34 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,683,117 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96iPFaVFPcw

The best thing Biden can do, is the let Trump keep talking. Because he's going to say something outrageous, that's going to spend a day or two in the news cycle, let him keep talking.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
2-thirds of the Senate? No chance.
And every time they try to Impeach it only helps Trump's reputation as "the outsider" who angered the swamp.

Impeaching him over the Ukraine call was stupid. It was also too close the the election. It made it a strictly partisan spectacle. It was a weak case. Even if there was a better reason to start impeachment it was handing the election to the Democrats so the GOP was not going to do it. If the Dems seize the senate and have say 52 votes. They would need 15 of the 48 GOP to flip. Trump keeps providing more ammunition for impeachment in 2020. But my guess is he will lose in November.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:34 PM

26,561 posts, read 15,132,263 times
Democrats all instantly assume that he was hinting at crimes regarding the Russia hoax. Maybe he was referring to the violent leftists like Antifa that won't let people be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies