Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 01:16 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,867,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The problem is, how does one determine what is false and what is not false? The Epstein story was called a lie for years. NXIVM was called a lie for years. Both were just conspiracy theories made up by people with tinfoil hats.

And the fake stuff - Trump colluding with Russians - is still being called true.

This is an attempt to shut down revelations of shady dealings on the heals of news about Hunter Biden. That's all this is.
The problem is now is that the left has managed to get a stranglehold on so many institutions and there seems to be a collective and uniform messages.

Combine the sheer repetition of the narrative with a whole lot of low information people and lies become truths.

I'm worried about the future and the constant attempts of the erosion of our civil liberties under the guise of managing so called misinformation among other BS tropes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 01:22 PM

45,729 posts, read 27,355,122 times
I just have to laugh at this.

They say absolutely nothing as communities are burned down around the country... but they will go after so called "conspiracy theories" which by the way does not include Trump/Russia collusion which was made up out of thin air. This wasn't a conspiracy theory.

But in a way this is good - because in the past, they could sit quietly and not show themselves. Now they are coming out of the swamp and showing their hand a little bit.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,672,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The problem is now is that the left has managed to get a stranglehold on so many institutions and there seems to be a collective and uniform messages.

Combine the sheer repetition of the narrative with a whole lot of low information people and lies become truths.

I'm worried about the future and the constant attempts of the erosion of our civil liberties under the guise of managing so called misinformation among other BS tropes.
This is the problem as I see it, as well. But the even bigger problem is that it will not matter to voters who appear to be brainwashed. It doesn't matter. Hillary whispers collusion and the media runs with it and it becomes the mantra for everyone on the left. Someone says something about Trump which is true and people on the right are denouncing it. WE are the reason they're getting away with this.

The media is tainted. They're all sock puppets for the state. Social media is owned by liberal hacks - Microsoft, Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg....and the drips who own google/youtube/whatever else they own.

The Democrats AND Republicans are in this together. Both protect themselves by not going after one another. Does anyone here really believe that this Biden crime family was doing all that they were doing under Obama's watch and NO Republican's were aware of it? Of course they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I just have to laugh at this.

They say absolutely nothing as communities are burned down around the country... but they will go after so called "conspiracy theories" which by the way does not include Trump/Russia collusion which was made up out of thin air. This wasn't a conspiracy theory.

But in a way this is good - because in the past, they could sit quietly and not show themselves. Now they are coming out of the swamp and showing their hand a little bit.
EVERYONE is in the swamp. The problem is people become loyal to one party thinking the other party is corrupt. The entire government is corrupt. The only person who seems to be on the outside looking in at this point.....is Trump.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:29 PM

8,185 posts, read 6,955,642 times
Quote:
The problem is, how does one determine what is false and what is not false? The Epstein story was called a lie for years. NXIVM was called a lie for years. Both were just conspiracy theories made up by people with tinfoil hats.

And the fake stuff - Trump colluding with Russians - is still being called true.

This is an attempt to shut down revelations of shady dealings on the heals of news about Hunter Biden. That's all this is.
Exactly. They* KNOW what corruption they've been involved in. They KNOW what is coming. It goes beyond Hunter Biden. Way beyond. And way beyond just the "democrats".

Unignorable Bias.

* - The corrupt in our gov't (politicians and others) who have been involved in the dirtiest of deeds and dirtiest of deals. We all know there is corruption. We ALL KNOW THIS. The question is, just how deep does the corruption go? i don't know. But I have a hunch we are going to find out.

On a more personal note, as much as we bicker back and forth here, I am not against my democrat brothers and sisters.
I do not think the republicans are all pure.
I would rather we all UNITE and STAND BACK for a moment, and try to put our differences aside, (much easier said than done) when the time comes, and see what comes out, and use critical thinking to judge. The enemies of the American People are most certainly WITHIN. And they are most certainly WITHIN both parties. And they try their damndest to KEEP US FIGHTING, KEEP US DIVIDED in any and EVERY possible way so we don't look at THEM for too long.

I hope whenever things really are fully exposed and brought out into the light, who knows, months from now? years from now? We The People will come together as one. Wishful thinking, maybe, but it's my hope.
I think Truth will ultimately prevail.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,448,665 times
Quote:
At least there's one liberal in our country who is unbiased and honest:

https://thehill.com/opinion/technolo...es-state-media
This should be startling to everyone regardless of party. You have several democrats who have influence over young adults saying our freedom of speech should be toned down to that of the Chinese. What the hell democrats? Are you going to continue to go along with your many in your party like sheep? When will you start calling them out? There is NOTHING coming from even the extreme right that even approaches this kind of threat to our country. Everyone needs to come together to stop this nonsense!

Old 10-17-2020, 03:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,672,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Exactly. They* KNOW what corruption they've been involved in. They KNOW what is coming. It goes beyond Hunter Biden. Way beyond. And way beyond just the "democrats".

Unignorable Bias.

* - The corrupt in our gov't (politicians and others) who have been involved in the dirtiest of deeds and dirtiest of deals. We all know there is corruption. We ALL KNOW THIS. The question is, just how deep does the corruption go? i don't know. But I have a hunch we are going to find out.

On a more personal note, as much as we bicker back and forth here, I am not against my democrat brothers and sisters.
I do not think the republicans are all pure.
I would rather we all UNITE and STAND BACK for a moment, and try to put our differences aside, (much easier said than done) when the time comes, and see what comes out, and use critical thinking to judge. The enemies of the American People are most certainly WITHIN. And they are most certainly WITHIN both parties. And they try their damndest to KEEP US FIGHTING, KEEP US DIVIDED in any and EVERY possible way so we don't look at THEM for too long.

I hope whenever things really are fully exposed and brought out into the light, who knows, months from now? years from now? We The People will come together as one. Wishful thinking, maybe, but it's my hope.
I think Truth will ultimately prevail.
I would bet ANYTHING that Bush and McCain and others were involved in dealings that are just as shady. There's a reason they never out any Democrats for their shadiness - it's because they're doing things equally as shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
This should be startling to everyone regardless of party. You have several democrats who have influence over young adults saying our freedom of speech should be toned down to that of the Chinese. What the hell democrats? Are you going to continue to go along with your many in your party like sheep? When will you start calling them out? There is NOTHING coming from even the extreme right that even approaches this kind of threat to our country. Everyone needs to come together to stop this nonsense!
It should be, but apparently it isn't. I'm the ONLY Democrat who posts here who has expressed any shock, disappointment and outrage by what's been going on. Everyone else sounds like blithering idiots as they deny and lie, bend and defend.

Our country has no moral fabric among we, the people. It's disheartening - but I can sleep at night knowing I'm not selling my soul for some politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies