Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 09:35 PM

1,976 posts, read 1,116,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
That is unbelievable! No self-awareness there, no sir!
I think they are totally self aware, another poster had the trolling wrong also. Twitter isnt trolling itself, its trolling us. They have such market share, they think no one will hold them accountable.

Sure, there will be some giggles over this museum quality hypocrisy, but they will take their licks and continue on.

Quote:
Definition of facism: Everything for me, nothing against me. Twitter has adopted a fascist stance, where censorship without shame and victimizes itself when censored
Until people switch over to other platforms, Twitter will keep doing it, knowing they are the only game in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Little back and forth here after Twitter goes after Uganda for censoring them.

Whichever way you see it, the comments are the best if you need a good laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 01:14 PM

Mercola sees the writing on the wall.

Decentralization urgent as Big Tech Condemns Free Speech

Quote:
-Switch from Facebook and Twitter to free-speech alternatives41 such as Gab, MeWe, Minds (and Parler if they manage to come back).

-Switch from YouTube to uncensored alternatives42 such as Bitchute, Brighteon, Banned.video and Thinkspot.

-Download the Signal or Telegram app to encrypt your text messages.

-Boycott Google by avoiding any and all Google products: Stop using Google search engines. Alternatives include DuckDuckGo43 and SwissCows.
I would add Apple, Amazon, Kohls, Bed bath and beyond. It was a good start though.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:15 PM

Looking good for Gab

Gab gaining 10,000 users per hour since Trump ban

Sunday, 600,000 users signed up for Gab

Gab sees record growth

Quote:
Torba also revealed that insiders within Big Tech have approached him seeking employment with the company, alienated from the most wide-ranging left-wing purge of right-wingers, nationalists, and conservatives from Twitter in history.
Quote:
Gab is well on track to do over 50 million page views for the month of November, which would place us well ahead of Newsmax, the Washington Examiner, and the Bongino Report. At our current rate of growth, Gab is set to pass The Daily Beast, TMZ, ABCNEWS, and the Wall Street Journal by Q2 2021 or sooner.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:31 AM

MeWe decided to go dark side, oh well, strike another anti-1st amendment platform off the list.

https://gab.com/a/posts/105623004610729009
https://reclaimthenet.org/mewe-is-no...eech-platform/

Old 01-26-2021, 10:33 AM
bu2

24,152 posts, read 15,003,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
ZDnet article

Gab.com, Clouthub.com, and MeWe are other platforms that are gaining market share.

M$ use to throw their weight around when IE was the only game in town, till people started switching more and more to alternative browsers.

Try doing a few political or health searches on duckduckgo instead of google, crazy how skewed some of them can get.

Everyone will tread lighter knowing there are alternatives, but we have to start using those alternatives for it to work.

Vote with your wallet/clicks etc.
Google floods your political searches with NYT and CNN. Obviously those are paying for better access. You really have to look to find things that aren't propaganda like NYT and CNN.

I've been very pleased since I switched to DuckDuckGo a couple months ago.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Google floods your political searches with NYT and CNN. Obviously those are paying for better access. You really have to look to find things that aren't propaganda like NYT and CNN.

I've been very pleased since I switched to DuckDuckGo a couple months ago.
Webmd and Healthline get the same kind of special privilege with health related searches. Not much good when you are looking for research on cancer or autism though.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:01 AM

7,186 posts, read 4,776,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Just a heads up but duckduckgo is owned by the same parent company that owns google. Sure you might get different results, to a degree, but don't believe the privacy claims one bit.
Could you post a link? I searched and couldn’t verify what you’re saying and am curious. I found this:

https://www.distractify.com/p/does-g...own-duckduckgo

DuckDuckGo is owned by Duck Duck Go, Inc. which was started by Gabriel Weinberg.

Anyone who wants to use DuckDuckGo can be assured they're not using a Google product in doing so.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:02 AM

3,673 posts, read 1,631,523 times
UGEtube.com is a very well designed youtube alternative. They don't delete vids because of political view.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:06 AM

15,952 posts, read 12,352,323 times
Yandex is really good...it's like Google from 15 years ago...largely uncensored.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:09 AM

5,205 posts, read 4,693,685 times
People cite this quote a lot in these discussions:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

But it's just an opinion and people cite it as if it should be accepted truth without debate.

In fact, this is my world view.

Some people in the world are stupid. They don't deserve the right to express their opinions freely to protect everyone else.

Read Plato's Republic and see how he felt about less intelligent people and whether they should be given free reign to do everything. Slippery slope be damned. Use common sense and stop evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies