Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 10:51 AM

11,180 posts, read 10,762,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
The Texas Attorney General is a real upstanding character lol From the same article the OP linked:

"Paxton has championed conservative and far-right causes in court, including a failed lawsuit seeking to overturn Biden's victory over Trump, as he himself faces an FBI investigation over accusations by top former aides that he abused his office at the service of a donor."
Really? So your argument is that Paxton is a bad guy so we shouldn't take this seriously? Next you'll be telling us that if a crackhead gets shot it shouldn't be investigated because he wasn't a good guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 09:44 PM

17,838 posts, read 7,057,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Really? So your argument is that Paxton is a bad guy so we shouldn't take this seriously? Next you'll be telling us that if a crackhead gets shot it shouldn't be investigated because he wasn't a good guy.
She has a Mexican ZIP Code, so I wouldn't take anything she says seriously.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:47 PM

1,014 posts, read 484,896 times
Try to be a good guy, heh. Biden wants to appeal to the greater public. Not so. Still yet following true on the former presidents orders.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:52 PM

35,814 posts, read 21,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
of course, it's no longer "Trump's DHS, CBP, and ICE" that's handling this. If Biden's WH gets the right folks in the right places, they can just continue every case for 100 days. Even those ICE managed to catch coming off a prison sentence.
Need to get rid of Wolfe - ICE needs to keep deportations going but need to rethink the dumb reasons Trump had them enforced. Trump screwed up a lot of policies and made a mess of it all.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Need to get rid of Wolfe - ICE needs to keep deportations going but need to rethink the dumb reasons Trump had them enforced. Trump screwed up a lot of policies and made a mess of it all.
Trump enforced immigration law as it's written. The mindless moron you voted for doesn't believe in following the law, which is why he's been acting as a dictator and King for the past 38 executive orders. I know you don't care about the country because you voted for Biden, but can you at least admit that nothing that's happened in the past 2 weeks since drooling Joe took over is normal?

Old 01-27-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Trump enforced immigration law as it's written. The mindless moron you voted for doesn't believe in following the law, which is why he's been acting as a dictator and King for the past 38 executive orders. I know you don't care about the country because you voted for Biden, but can you at least admit that nothing that's happened in the past 2 weeks since drooling Joe took over is normal?
I said Trump mucked up policies that created a mess and they need to get back on track. I just retired from DHS and know what I know . Who I voted for is Nona. But my hubby served and died for our country, so do not tell me I don’t care for the USA.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I said Trump mucked up policies that created a mess and they need to get back on track. I just retired from DHS and know what I know . Who I voted for is Nona. But my hubby served and died for our country, so do not tell me I don’t care for the USA.
If you care for the USA, then you'd better give the Biden administration one tenth of the scrutiny and criticism you gave Trump. We both know that won't happen.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If you care for the USA, then you'd better give the Biden administration one tenth of the scrutiny and criticism you gave Trump. We both know that won't happen.
I’m no longer a Fed so I can give my opinion at will. Trump made a mess of many agencies and his picks for the leaders created low morale/ and did not help make any progress. I retired 2 yrs early, too much mess and with covid; worse. Biden has been behind the wheel a week. I’ll see how things have fared on the first 100. Been though many presidents, I keep my eyes on the Congress.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:46 AM

3,673 posts, read 1,631,523 times
"we should insist that immigrants who come, become an American and assimilates, he shall be treated equally, for it is an outrage to discriminate. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for one language, the English language... and we have room for one loyalty, a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Old 01-28-2021, 10:27 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,560,064 times
Quote:
I’m no longer a Fed so I can give my opinion at will. Trump made a mess of many agencies and his picks for the leaders created low morale/ and did not help make any progress. I retired 2 yrs early, too much mess and with covid; worse. Biden has been behind the wheel a week. I’ll see how things have fared on the first 100. Been though many presidents, I keep my eyes on the Congress.
This congress is likely to be an epic model for gridlock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies