Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2021, 06:22 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You have yet to tell me which virus you're talking about. Like I told you, you don't know what you're talking about.

The Cold is not a virus, it's a set of symptoms.

For 20-50% of people infected with sars-cov-2, they won't have any symptoms. For another 30-50%, they will have "the Cold", sniffles etc.

Did you know that most people who get the influenza virus only experience Cold like symptoms?
The important fact these control freak, nanny state Leftists purposely leave out is the vast majority of deaths are the very old and already very sick. The restrictions on younger, healthier people are totally unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 06:26 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The important fact these control freak, nanny state Leftists purposely leave out is the vast majority of deaths are the very old and already very sick. The restrictions on younger, healthier people are totally unnecessary.
No matter who you are, these restrictions are unethical. Everyone should decide for themselves how their life should pan out, and what they want to do during this pandemic.

I'm (almost) 54, I smoke 1-2 packs a day (but I'm in shape and do marathons etc). Technically, because I'm older and a smoker, I'm "at risk" but I want to live my life.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:54 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
you can still get it and give it. it only makes the recipient potentially better able to fight it off.

sorry this does not motivate me to take a new vaccine. hard pass
I agree. Seems pointless to me.
I will just continue to take my vitamins, wash my hands religiously, and keep my distance.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:03 AM

13,660 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
I work at a hospital and the hospital along with the entire network of hospitals are full of Covid patients. If you are looking outside hospitals and expecting to see dying people lined up outside that's just not realism. If you watch propaganda videos of course that would tell you a different story.
And that illustrates the difference in perspective right there.

A hospital worker would likely be inundated with the stress and frustration of so much suffering and death, and especially, of the comparative helplessness of the medical profession to substantially turn the tide. This goes on for month after month. The horror never abates.

But for a layman without first-hand exposure to the pandemic, deaths are just abstract statistics. If 4000 people are dying daily, or 400, or 40, there just isn't a palpable relevance. Unless people are literally dropping dead in the streets, unless there are festering piles of corpses, unless every other house in the neighborhood has red paint slathered on the front door, indicating pestilence.... unless society has outright collapsed, because the garbagemen all died from covid and the police-officers have all died from covid and the ambulance-drivers have all died of covid and the people who manage the computers who manage the traffic-lights have all died of covid... until and unless that happens, it's just not going to feel real.

So when we hear that unmitigated rampage by the virus might result in 1% or 2% casualty rate, the fact that that's up to 6M people in America - well, that fact simply doesn't register. OK, maybe I'm stupid, but it just doesn't register to me personally. It feels like the fee charged on credit-card purchases. I know that prices are going to be higher by 1% or 1.5% or whatever, if paying by card, instead of by cash. But cards are more convenient than cash, whence I rely on cards. To change one's buying-habits because of a 1% cost-increase, feels silly. Similarly, to change one's living-habits because of a 1% "tax" on the population level, just feels silly. And the exhortation to make such changes in habits, feels like an intrusive and school-marmish imposition... a restriction for restriction's sake.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:11 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I don't need a study to have common sense. You seem to confuse me for someone who cares to change your mind. I don't care. I don't care if you put a mask on yourself or not. I just won't, simple as that. And I think, and laugh at, everyone who wears a mask outside.
You're the one who said you read studies, but it seems you were making stuff up. Guess you learned that from Trump. I hope you haven't drunk any disinfectant.

Anyway, you can ignore the sound advice of medical professionals all you want and it doesn't bother me at all. And feel free to laugh all you want, but remember that he who laughs last, laughs best.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:53 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Fauci can take a flying leap for all I care! Sick of Dr. Gloom and Doom scaring gullible Americans day in and day out and flop flopping all over the place. In the meantime Americans have lost their jobs, their livelyhoods, kids are missing school and depression is setting in all over the place.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:57 PM

1,665 posts, read 976,331 times
Can someone put a mask with chloroform on Falsy Fauci? Just for a little while. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut about masks. I doubt it, being he's having the time of his life. He's a stripped down version of a present day Josef Mengele.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:58 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
Fauci changes his directives more than I change my underwear

Old 02-10-2021, 02:53 PM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Can someone put a mask with chloroform on Falsy Fauci? Just for a little while. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut about masks. I doubt it, being he's having the time of his life. He's a stripped down version of a present day Josef Mengele.
At this rate, let's hope we won't be to what ZeroHedge mentionned in that article. https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/cd...ring-two-masks

Quote:
But that was science in January. We now have February science. As a result, it's time to reset the count and start with two.... then three masks.... then four.... until eventually we all will look like this...
And as if the oceans wasn't enough polluted imagine it with all theses masks...but that'll be for another thread.
https://www.greenbiz.com/article/how...olluting-ocean

Old 02-10-2021, 03:00 PM

10,567 posts, read 7,772,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hope you realize that the young, healthier population can contract the illness and then pass it on to older folks. That's obviously what has happened in nursing homes and also in communities at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies