Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 07:23 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
I saw this family on the Discovery Channel, I just don't get it!?! Is not anyone concerned for the health of this woman, her age and the weakening of her genetics and those of her children! The logistics of maintaining this family is mind boggling!

Happy Mother's Day: Woman pregnant with 18th child - Yahoo! News (broken link)
I have enjoyed watching that family. I don't know how she was able to handle that many kids ,but they all seem to be doing very well, She homes schools the kids too. They have taught their children to be responsible and the family seems wonderful & happy.

Last edited by sassyone; 05-10-2008 at 08:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 07:49 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Her uterus is a clown car.
I'm pretty sure hubby feels like he's throwing a hotdog down the hallway by now.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:50 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'm pretty sure hubby feels like he's throwing a hotdog down the hallway by now.
OMG why am I laughing at that? NO NO NO!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:08 AM

793 posts, read 2,214,107 times
Quote:
Uhh..., for 18 children?

LOL, no just 4 or 5, that would be the max for us.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:11 AM

793 posts, read 2,214,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have enjoyed watching that family. I don't know how she was able to handle that many kids ,but they all seem to be doing very well, She homes schools the kids too. They have taught their children to be responsible and the family seems wonderful & happy.
Well having a 18th child should be easy for her. She 's got a lot of experience after 20yrs.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:16 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
I agree. If most children today were raised as well as theirs we wouldn't have the problems that we have today.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:19 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
From your own quote:

Any couple can experience a blighted ovum and, unfortunately, there is simply no way of telling whether or not you will experience this type of miscarriage. Your risk for experiencing a miscarriage in general does appear to rise with age (this is because the quality of your eggs declines over time). However, age is by no means a decisive indicator that you will experience a blighted ovum.
But the age of the ovum and sperm are a significant factor in the genetic defects of the fetus. The RNA/DNA material of the cells degrade with age as in any living organism, witness our human bodies as example of cell degradation over time.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:22 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
WOW!!!!

Quote:
I saw this family on the Discovery Channel, I just don't get it!?! Is not anyone concerned for the health of this woman, her age and the weakening of her genetics and those of her children! The logistics of maintaining this family is mind boggling!

Happy Mother's Day: Woman pregnant with 18th child - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times
Quote:
I can only watch that show for short periods of time until I get a sinking feeling in my gut! With all due respect to your post, this family is an anti-Planned Parenthood promo. Very large families were the norm a few hundred years ago when the US was an agrarian society, life span was limited to 30 or 40 years and a large number of offspring were required to work the family farm. This is 2008 not 1808, there is no reasonable rationale for a family beyond 5 or 6 members, IMO.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
LOL!

Isn't it funny though that SOME think my comments(opinion) were "RUDE".....

but no comment on something that, although funny, is rather vulgar...?????

My, my,Where ARE the "respect" police?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies