Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 07:56 PM

8,175 posts, read 3,723,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
From the start I was like so we can get it at a small business, but not walmart? how is that possible?

It never made any sense to close any businesses unless they were all going to be closed.

McDonalds was 'essential'. TF?

The most unhealthy food one can find was NOT essential.

Waffle House, on the other end, is and was essential and I am glad they never closed.

I've been going for togo food since the pandemic began.

Happy to help them stay in business and their employees employed.

A friend was like 'HOW do you WALK there?'

mmmmmmmmmm, I walk on my feet........

'But how do they bring it curbside?'

They don't.

'How do you get your food?'

I go inside and order/wait for it?

She was gobsmacked. All the other places did not allow that.

They refused to enforce masks too. Wear one, don't wear one, whatev.

That place is packed every night all night.

Fauci is CONFUSED about how Texas is ok.

/shrug.

Maybe we have more natural immunity from having gotten asymptomatic COVID and 'recovered'. Now we have antibodies? It's possible.

None of their employees has fallen ill.
Lol. This is the healthy food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 08:35 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,620,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. This is the healthy food?

Real food cooked to order vs processed/re-fried, definitely healthier. But, also I was hoping for a laugh. Guess not.

/shrug

Old 04-07-2021, 08:54 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,516,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
SC Senate just passed a proposal to ban mandatory vaccines today. There are exceptions, like hospital workers, etc.

https://wpde.com/news/local/sc-senat...nes-04-07-2021
The South Carolina Senate unanimously approved Wednesday a proposal to prevent employers from mandating COVID-19 vaccines for workers.
Good. States need to get a grip on the hysteria. It's already an issue. Everyone I know working is dealing with it to some degree. IMO there will still be discrimination. Employers will soon be placing signs up alongside the Covid cleaning/sterilization ones stating something like: "You are entering a Covid free facility - all staff fully vaccinated".

Old 04-07-2021, 09:02 PM

13,596 posts, read 10,017,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Good. States need to get a grip on the hysteria. It's already an issue. Everyone I know working is dealing with it to some degree. IMO there will still be discrimination. Employers will soon be placing signs up alongside the Covid cleaning/sterilization ones stating something like: "You are entering a Covid free facility - all staff fully vaccinated".
I have a question - suppose there are people who are immune compromised and at risk for Covid for whatever reason, and have not been vaccinated or cannot be - wouldn't there be call for some way to inform them that there's safe places for them to visit?

Old 04-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I have a question - suppose there are people who are immune compromised and at risk for Covid for whatever reason, and have not been vaccinated or cannot be - wouldn't there be call for some way to inform them that there's safe places for them to visit?
Why? Such a thing doesn't exist now for anything else they could catch.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:16 PM

17,615 posts, read 14,767,543 times
Quote:
You know what those immune compromised people did during flu seasons before covid?

They went about their life and wore a mask so they didn't catch anything.

Except now, apparently that doesn't work because we've been brainwashed to think "my mask doesn't protect me - it protects you!"

gmafb

Old 04-07-2021, 09:30 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,516,791 times
Quote:
We have that in place now. Everyone with those needs can wear a mask and keep a distance of 6 ft. The CDC already recognizes that as protection. I am familiar with the contact tracing process for quarantine. It's pretty strict from the people I have talked to who were exposed or infected. They ask that you report a list of people you had close contact with - within 6 feet. Those are the only people they need to contact that may now be "at risk". Otherwise you are not considered at risk for contracting it. You can always check your state's health dept. website if there are minor variations of those rules. (CDC guidelines below).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...t-tracing.html

Old 04-07-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You know what those immune compromised people did during flu seasons before covid?

They went about their life and wore a mask so they didn't catch anything.

Except now, apparently that doesn't work because we've been brainwashed to think "my mask doesn't protect me - it protects you!"

gmafb

That's weird, I could count on no fingers the amount of people I saw in America wearing masks pre Covid.

Covid is not the flu. It's dangerous to many people. What about their right to go out in the world?

People are worried about becoming second class citizens because they're voluntarily unvaccinated, and won't be able to participate where vaccinations are required - hypothetically.

Are people that can't go out in a Covid world for health reasons also second class citizens? After all if a large number of people don't vax and also pitch a fit if there are Covid free/vaccinations required places posted, then aren't at risk people still stuck in where they can go and where they can't?

Too bad for them I suppose.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
That's weird, I could count on no fingers the amount of people I saw in America wearing masks pre Covid.

Covid is not the flu. It's dangerous to many people. What about their right to go out in the world?

People are worried about becoming second class citizens because they're voluntarily unvaccinated, and won't be able to participate where vaccinations are required - hypothetically.

Are people that can't go out in a Covid world for health reasons also second class citizens? After all if a large number of people don't vax and also pitch a fit if there are Covid free/vaccinations required places posted, then aren't at risk people still stuck in where they can go and where they can't?

Too bad for them I suppose.
It is unfortunate, yes, that the world, pre-COVID and now is very dangerous for the immune compromised.

Not anything we can do about it.

My brother is severely immune compromised, MS, lives in a nursing home, caught COVID, had literally the sniffles, and has no after effects.

It doesn't seem as dangerous as you are imagining.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
We have that in place now. Everyone with those needs can wear a mask and keep a distance of 6 ft. The CDC already recognizes that as protection. I am familiar with the contact tracing process for quarantine. It's pretty strict from the people I have talked to who were exposed or infected. They ask that you report a list of people you had close contact with - within 6 feet. Those are the only people they need to contact that may now be "at risk". Otherwise you are not considered at risk for contracting it. You can always check your state's health dept. website if there are minor variations of those rules. (CDC guidelines below).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...t-tracing.html
Ah! So everyone at risk should follow rules. As set out by the government. Just curious if anyone considers that overbearing control or I dunno.... common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies