Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 09:33 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

In 2019 44M were w/o healthcare insurance, & 73% of them said it was due to high cost....its still unaffordable.

The % of Americans w/o coverage is INCREASING over the past 4 years...back up to over 12% w/o coverage.

We didn't get to keep our Doctors or our coverages as Obama & Pelosi promised...unless you are in Congress or the federal gov't.

The ACA plan has never had fewer choices, because so many insurance providers have dropped out of it.

The quality of healthcare has fallen, & so has access to it...less Doctors.

Obamacare was a massive lie, & failure.

Trump stopped the penalties to not have coverage from being charged...I never paid any penalties for not have coverage for 3 yrs.

Trump opened up the temporary coverage marketplace so my family could once again buy coverage away from the ACA system. At first the temp policies were 6 months, and now they are up to 3 years (which I have).

Trump instituted work-arounds, so people like me could get coverage w/o gov't involvement.

I do agree with the ACA's idea of not having employers provide healthcare insurance to employees. When that happens and you lose your job, you lose your coverage...that must end. We need total portability so the coverage moves with the employee/insured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 09:43 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We are completely out of pocket. And our deductible is $5500, or $6500...can't remember which.

Like i stated, if it can be less expensive than that, i'm all in. I miss the days of $40 or $50 being deducted from my paycheck, and low deductibles.

Something tells me that if UHC is implemented in this country, it is going to cost many of us even more than i'm paying now. Just look at income taxes, 40% of our population doesn't even pay them. I highly doubt everyone will be paying " their fair share"
You're pretty far off... 61% of all US1040 filers pay NO federal income tax whatsoever.

https://money.com/people-pay-no-fede...come-tax-2020/

The Top 1% pays more than the bottom 90% combined, AND pay about TWICE their share in federal income tax compared to their share of the total income.

Chart: Share of Income Compared to Federal Income Taxes Paid, by Income Group - IRS Data

This is why we can't have nice things here in the US.

1) WAY TOO FEW US1040 filers even pay any Federal Income Tax at all.
2) The bottom 90% doesn't pay nearly enough in Federal Income Tax as they should if we were to have such things as NHC.

Old 11-25-2022, 10:11 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're pretty far off... 61% of all US1040 filers pay NO federal income tax whatsoever.

https://money.com/people-pay-no-fede...come-tax-2020/

The Top 1% pays more than the bottom 90% combined, AND pay about TWICE their share in federal income tax compared to their share of the total income.

Chart: Share of Income Compared to Federal Income Taxes Paid, by Income Group - IRS Data

This is why we can't have nice things here in the US.

1) WAY TOO FEW US1040 filers even pay any Federal Income Tax at all.
2) The bottom 90% doesn't pay nearly enough in Federal Income Tax as they should if we were to have such things as NHC.
I went with pre covid numbers, since the pandemic changed a lot of stuff. Either way, you are correct, too few are contributing.

Old 11-25-2022, 10:49 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Have your payroll taxes went up about 18% to pay for it ?

Depends...do we factor in inflation?

Old 11-25-2022, 10:56 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Joe Biden has never held office? I guess you could put it that way.
Hunters the one with the laptop and he's the one in their bullseye, why not investigate Trump there is so much more documented graft it will be easy.

Old 11-25-2022, 11:55 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Hunters the one with the laptop and he's the one in their bullseye, why not investigate Trump there is so much more documented graft it will be easy.
Easy ? Then why isn't he behind bars yet ? He's had one investigation after another, since the 80's....What is taking so long ?

Old 11-25-2022, 12:01 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,272,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

Lol. He has been investigated for the past 6 years. Why is he still free and announcing his presidential run?

And Hunter’s laptop is a treasure trove of information on the Biden crime family. Emails, contacts, records, etc, linking a former VP and POTUS.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:09 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Lol. He has been investigated for the past 6 years. Why is he still free and announcing his presidential run?

And Hunter’s laptop is a treasure trove of information on the Biden crime family. Emails, contacts, records, etc, linking a former VP and POTUS.
Oh yes the holy grail of answers, can't wait...

Old 11-25-2022, 12:10 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Trump was an anti-candidate and yes, a liberal.
Glad to see you now admitting it.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:14 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
So, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the democrat politicians been crying about getting free health care if they were elected, and well, nothing yet. Seems to me we went through this same crap with Obama and in the end, he only made things worse.

So where is the Germany,France, Sweden, Norway and Canada style of healthcare system we were promised?
If they enacted what they promised, it would take that away as an issue so they're perfectly happy promising and not delivering for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies