Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 04:50 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,985,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
So why is unemployment at 5.4%?

It peaked at about 13% with Trump. Hmmm......
100 year pandemic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 04:52 PM

9,329 posts, read 16,714,150 times
Default Wake up America

The Democrats are successfully destroying America and making the people dependent on the government which continues to grow for everything.

America wake up! Vote these morons out in 2022 and 2024!!!!

Old 08-06-2021, 05:53 PM

4,574 posts, read 4,121,408 times
Sounds like they are giving people freedom to choose what job they work.

Funny for years conservatives say people enter jobs and accept crap conditions out of free will and choice. Suddenly they are saying that the safety net needs to be removed to force people back to work……. doesn’t sound like conservatives either understand what freedom is or they don’t want millions to have it.

Old 08-06-2021, 05:57 PM

26,136 posts, read 19,093,272 times
The dems want to lay on their asses all day and smoke dope while someone else does the work to keep the faucet running, keep the lights on, and put food (and dope) on the table. So what else is new?

Old 08-06-2021, 06:01 PM

363 posts, read 146,201 times
Pure garbage. I can't believe what this country has come to.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:04 PM

29,933 posts, read 25,056,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Sounds like they are giving people freedom to choose what job they work.

Funny for years conservatives say people enter jobs and accept crap conditions out of free will and choice. Suddenly they are saying that the safety net needs to be removed to force people back to work……. doesn’t sound like conservatives either understand what freedom is or they don’t want millions to have it.

Freedom has absolutely nothing to do with other people paying for your crap. It's actually a form of slavery forcing others to pay your way in this world.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:05 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,645,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Our tax money going to help working people, instead of major corporations and the wealthy. Not a bad thought.
The working people will never see one red cent, unless you make almost nothing. Everything comes with income limits. Your being played.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:17 PM

26,136 posts, read 19,093,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Freedom has absolutely nothing to do with other people paying for your crap. It's actually a form of slavery forcing others to pay your way in this world.
Absolutely right.

One should have the freedom to do nothing at all, assuming others have the freedom to not pay for that choice.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:48 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,444,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The dems want to lay on their asses all day and smoke dope while someone else does the work to keep the faucet running, keep the lights on, and put food (and dope) on the table. So what else is new?
This is a nice sound bite. Heres reality-I'm one of the "dems" on this board. Ive worked my entire life, from hard physical labor at a chicken plant, to now a SDET. I literally lied about my age to start work as a child. I have stage 4 cancer that im pretty unlikely to survive, and still work. Right now I qualify for disability. however I will most likely die while working, although im considering retiring because honestly im worried about not being as productive. Im in the top 10% for individuals income. I pay vastly more taxes then the average person.

In 1970 we stopped sharing in the gains of increased productivity by the American worker. Once that occurred the pressure started. 50 years later and we're seeing it in our younger generation no longer believing capitalism is good for us. Because it hasn't been. And thats not the fault of capitalism I believe, but rather the fault of our leadership that went from "business compete and work for the common good in a capitalistic system" to "greed is good". And that wasnt Democrats, NOR Republicans really, it was all of them.

If you want to ignore the underlying problems, and blame some imaginary "dem" you have in your head, feel free. But its nonsense.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:59 PM

42,037 posts, read 75,470,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
The list of freebees is growing every day. What about the hard-working tax payers???!!!
The leftists have been getting whatever they want. They've already passed, on a totally partisan basis, trillions in giveaways. They are hell-bent on spending trillions more. COVID is an excuse for them to engineer, by far, the most MASSIVE redistribution of income that this country has ever seen. COVID will never end for them! It is nothing less than stealing from the people who take risks, invest, start businesses, or just work hard every day making a salary.

Those of us who have spent our lives working for a living, paying taxes, just being responsible citizens have had enough. Enough of this crap. Unfortunately we can't vote them out until November, 2022. That gives them enough time to continue doing enormous damage. All that we can do now is contact the politicians and express our outrage. We're not hopeless. My reps in the Senate and House are all Dems. I dislike them intensely especially the two senators. One of them is the majority leader. He has moved so far to the left that he now even supports the squad.

Sorry for the venting.
What on earth are you talking about? In what context is the "list of freebies" growing? What freebies? For whom?

Some context would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies