Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 02:00 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,347,119 times

Advertisements

Well, after 50 years has the US learned anything when it comes to troop withdrawals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 02:07 PM

3,885 posts, read 1,817,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Trump was the only one who actually tried to do something about it. This was NOT unpredicted. We knew a pull out of troops would require some kind of peaceful solution to do so...which Trump attempted to do and Biden blew out of the water especially with just upping and leaving overnight not letting their military and others know and work with them.

I can tell you one thing, I am a slew of emotions. Even those who survived are feeling the same way. My hatred for the Taliban and Biden are quite a bit right now.

Your comment proves you do not know what you are talking about. I have personally seen pictures of American troops and Afghani troops side by side. Even the night my husband was killed, an Afghani solder was wounded (and they were side by side). I would highly recommend you to watch "Chain of Command" narrated by Chris Evans. It went hand in hand with the stories I've heard and what my husband told me.
I'm sorry you lost your husband.

My point is fair criticism why did the Afghan army we train, flee and not fight to protect their own country from the Taliban? I am not talking about what they did in the past, referring to now. You can disagree all you want, you weren't there fighting yourself.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:07 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,347,119 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHLKFSWzImk

Old 08-15-2021, 02:13 PM

29,873 posts, read 25,016,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
When are liberals ever right?

Convenient for them, they have short memories and just revise history to hide their failures (which are voluminous).

1. open borders
2. inflation rising
3. The Taliban in control of Afghanistan
4. MANY products unavailable due to "parts shortages"
5. Massive spending
6. covid on the rise again
7. election fraud rampant
8. China on the march, with ZERO fear of Biden

The funny thing about the coup/election fraud is that liberals/dems could not foresee the disaster of having a demented, corrupt man occupying the White House with NO ONE in any cabinet or advisor who knows what the hell is going on.

Biden, installed by fraud, is the biggest "dumpster fire" to ever sit in the White House.

The liberals have different objectives. Open borders, because some people are too greedy to pay fair and decent wages. Rising inflation, to wash away the massive debt to support a system and way of life that is no longer sustainable. Taliban is not really their fault if the people of Afghanistan accept being ruled by a radical Islamic regime. Part shortages can't be blamed on liberals since they typically don't make or build stuff. Get up off your ars and go make that stuff yourself. You're allowed to make fat profits here in the good ol USA. Massive spending occurred under Trump, Bush, etc. Covid is not political, it is possibly a bioweapon. Election fraud is tolerated by establishment republicans. China is not political.

These are real world/real life issues. If you are looking to a politician to solve these problems, you've already lost. And if you're going to allow politics to cloud your vision, you don't stand a chance of ever overcoming these issues effectively.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:17 PM

14,969 posts, read 9,878,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Well, after 50 years has the US learned anything when it comes to troop withdrawals?
Yes... We've learned what to do, not how to do it.

Obama did Iraq the same way... how soon we forget. God help us until 2024.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:19 PM

14,969 posts, read 9,878,619 times
Let me ask... what do you believe North Korea is thinking right now?

Old 08-15-2021, 02:22 PM

38,281 posts, read 22,312,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
What was our original goal when we invaded Afghanistan? It was to kill Bin Laden. He's been dead a long time. I don't like that the Taliban is taking over, but it's time for us to leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
We, as a nation, couldn't stay in Afghanistan forever and that would be what it would take to normalize that piece of the world. The money spent and lives lost, of not only Americans, but also our Allies, were not worth what is going into that backward country and trying to make them halfway civilized. Now they will have a foothold in the region to spread from and no one will dare try to stop them. 5-10 years the Middle East will look so different.
That is not what this thread is about, it about the horrible incompetence of Biden who forced another chaotic Saigon, Vietnam-like disaster where the USA was fleeing like rats from a ship, after Biden assured us last month that such a thing was impossible, that he had everything under control.

This about an incompetent senile old man as the US President, causing needless destruction thru his policy failures and poor judgement. It's about Biden's incompetence bringing embarrassment to our nation and endangering our nation and encouraging our enemies. This disaster in Afghanistan gives a green light to China to take Taiwan, and who knows what Russia and Iran will do next.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:23 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,810,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I'm sorry you lost your husband.

My point is fair criticism why did the Afghan army we train, flee and not fight to protect their own country from the Taliban? I am not talking about what they did in the past, referring to now. You can disagree all you want, you weren't there fighting yourself.
Once again, watch Chain of Command. It will explain quite a bit to you. Even research train, advise, assist. I may not have been there fighting but I've supported my husband and friends while they were. I've listened to the stories, seen the tears, seen their emotions. Still do. They are even struggling with all this. Along with comforting our kids with their fears about losing their dad and still do as they deal with it all.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:23 PM

24,814 posts, read 9,578,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Same thing Russia and China are thinking: Biden is an idiot.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:24 PM

30,542 posts, read 21,440,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Taking over the world. If they could get some real nukes dukes and get them to hit a target they could do some damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies