Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 11:05 PM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i think they have an alterior motive- get kackles out so the Dems stand at least a smidgen of a chance in 2024.
That’s a good point, even the left has turned on this disaster administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 11:06 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What has any vice president ever done to stand out and make a name for themselves. I can't think of one.
You can't be serious. You've already memory-holed that fantastic "friends" bracelet made of beads that Joe Biden made for his BFF, Borat Obama? Joe, getting in touch with his feminine (Obama) side, ushered in a feel-good era, for all of 2 hours.

How about Al Gore? Invented something you may have heard of called "the Internet"? Later became a legend on the diet circuit when he single-handedly dropped 180lbs of ugly fat in less than 3 months....by divorcing Tipper?

How about Kamala Harris, the first VP in US history with a room temperature IQ?

Unlike Willie Brown, I encourage you not to sleep on the VP. These three literally put the "Vacuus Palus" in VP.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:18 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
You can't be serious. You've already memory-holed that fantastic "friends" bracelet made of beads that Joe Biden made for his BFF, Borat Obama? Joe, getting in touch with his feminine (Obama) side, ushered in a feel-good era, for all of 2 hours.

How about Al Gore? Invented something you may have heard of called "the Internet"? Later became a legend on the diet circuit when he single-handedly dropped 180lbs of ugly fat in less than 3 months....by divorcing Tipper?

How about Kamala Harris, the first VP in US history with a room temperature IQ?

Unlike Willie Brown, I encourage you not to sleep on the VP. These three literally put the "Vacuus Palus" in VP.
What are you even talking about…bracelet of beads. Your post is very bizarre. I asked what a VP has done to make a name for themselves. And you go off on some tangent

Old 11-17-2021, 12:20 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:
What has any vice president ever done to stand out and make a name for themselves. I can't think of one.

Her approval numbers are horrendous.

(It is also true VPs have historically tended to keep a low profile. Recently, Dick Cheney had a very high profile as VP and was hated by the main stream media. Biden stood out a bit as VP although it was for the gaffes and the rubbing/touching stuff.)

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 11-17-2021 at 12:30 AM..

Old 11-17-2021, 12:37 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Is anyone really surprised that Harris was a bad pick for VP? Anytime you use race or gender as a mandatory prerequisite for hiring decisions, you can pretty much guarantee bad results. Biden made a serious mistake picking her for the job. She may end up being a large part of the reason we get a Republican in the White House in 2024. The whole thing reminds me of when McCain picked Palin. Worst decision he ever made in politics.

If Biden is smart, he’ll send her to study penguin migration patterns in the Antarctic. Keeping her out of the spotlight is critical to any hope he has for reelection.
No.

Trump takes it too far in the other direction, but Biden's 'not enough' (loyalty/however one wants to phrase it) makes him look weak.

With the things that Harris said to him in that POTUS campaign debate.....he never should have picked her.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:10 AM

2,673 posts, read 1,192,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Is anyone really surprised that Harris was a bad pick for VP? Anytime you use race or gender as a mandatory prerequisite for hiring decisions, you can pretty much guarantee bad results. Biden made a serious mistake picking her for the job. She may end up being a large part of the reason we get a Republican in the White House in 2024. The whole thing reminds me of when McCain picked Palin. Worst decision he ever made in politics.

If Biden is smart, he’ll send her to study penguin migration patterns in the Antarctic. Keeping her out of the spotlight is critical to any hope he has for reelection.

To funny I am laughing my ass off. But you are right.

I suspect Biden picked Kamala for two reasons 1). He feared her and her accusations of his being a racist. That was the last thing he needed because he could lose votes just on that alone. So he kissed her ass and picked her to show he isn't racist.

2). he knew the majority of Democratic voters didn't want her as president. He may have thought this would work in his favor. The public and his party would be less likely to push for him to stand down and let the VP take his place even if they say it's just temporary.

They are trying like hell to cover up what they can with this idiot but Kamala isn't working out the way they want. When I first saw her standing behind Joe the big guy LOL I first thought she was a male security officer in plain clothes.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:37 AM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i think they have an alterior motive- get kackles out so the Dems stand at least a smidgen of a chance in 2024.
I think 2024 is already lost for them.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:45 AM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
What are you even talking about…bracelet of beads. Your post is very bizarre. I asked what a VP has done to make a name for themselves. And you go off on some tangent
That may be so and the Friendship bracelet was a real thing that happened but we are speaking of this VP, not others.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:09 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
To funny I am laughing my ass off. But you are right.

I suspect Biden picked Kamala for two reasons 1). He feared her and her accusations of his being a racist. That was the last thing he needed because he could lose votes just on that alone. So he kissed her ass and picked her to show he isn't racist.

2). he knew the majority of Democratic voters didn't want her as president. He may have thought this would work in his favor. The public and his party would be less likely to push for him to stand down and let the VP take his place even if they say it's just temporary.

They are trying like hell to cover up what they can with this idiot but Kamala isn't working out the way they want. When I first saw her standing behind Joe the big guy LOL I first thought she was a male security officer in plain clothes.
I’m not sure how involved Biden was with the selection - I suspect the same Democratic advisors who convinced him to run also picked her (as part of an appeal to black voters). Of course she’s been a predictable train wreck…she makes poor decisions and says ridiculous things.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:03 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:

Kamala Harris has stood out and made a name for herself... By potentially being the worst VP ever... And that takes a fair bit of effort, since smooth brain Biden was VP not too long ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies