Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 12:22 PM

16,601 posts, read 10,763,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You just want Blacks to vote Republican because it serves your interests.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Of course I want black people to vote Republican, because I believe it would serve not only my interests, but everyone else's as well. I also want white, Asian, and Hispanic people to vote Republican, for the same reason. As an American, I am well within my rights to use reason and persuasion to try and achieve my goal. Needless to say, however, I do not have any right to try and use force or coercion to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 12:26 PM

29,807 posts, read 14,865,215 times
Quote:
Actually, Bimingham, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City, those were rough cities BEFORE LBJ ever got into office. And welfare had little to do with it. Violent crime was on the rise in Detroit during the early 1960s just before LBJ got into office. Johnson had nothing to do with that. You just want Blacks to vote Republican because it serves your interests.
So , are you denying that there has been a rise in crime and violence the last year ? Or just trying to normalize it ?

Old 12-01-2021, 12:28 PM

29,807 posts, read 14,865,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing. Of course I want black people to vote Republican, because I believe it would serve not only my interests, but everyone else's as well. I also want white, Asian, and Hispanic people to vote Republican, for the same reason. As an American, I am well within my rights to use reason and persuasion to try and achieve my goal. Needless to say, however, I do not have any right to try and use force or coercion to do so.
I know, right ?

Old 12-01-2021, 12:36 PM

1,069 posts, read 752,332 times
Quote:
Actually, Bimingham, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City, those were rough cities BEFORE LBJ ever got into office. And welfare had little to do with it. Violent crime was on the rise in Detroit during the early 1960s just before LBJ got into office. Johnson had nothing to do with that. You just want Blacks to vote Republican because it serves your interests.
I don't care who Blacks or anyone else votes for. That's a personal decision that's hopefully made by deciding for themselves who the best candidates are. I'm not even a Republican. For the record I grew up a J.F.K. Democrat but left the party when it began to lose the values of leaders like J.F.K., R.F.K., Harry S. Truman and Tip O'Neil. During a two decade career I was a law enforcement officer in three of the cities in the top ten. I've seen the results of the Great Society first hand. Welfare programs that broke up families and consequently made people of all races more dependent on the government. I've also dealt with the court systems that in all three of those cities were run by Democratic district attorney's and elected judges that were soft on crime. Johnson was sociopathic opportunist that cared for no one except himself. His social welfare policies have resulted in generations of poor minorities for the last fifty five years.

The Great Society aside, what is undeniable is that in 2021 large American cities run by Democrats with their failed policies have high crime rates. I'm not really a fan of Rudy Guiliani but when he was Mayor of New York City he ordered the NYPD to focus on high crime areas in the city and engage in community policing. The efforts of the NYPD were successful and street crimes were significantly reduced throughout the city. Flash forward twenty years and Bill de Blasio is the mayor. He ordered the NYPD to take a hands off approach to crime and violent crimes rose significantly. The absurd carnage that occurred on the streets of New York City and many other cities run by Democrats in 2020 exemplify their flawed policies that can't be blamed on Trump or any other Republican.

Last edited by irishcopper; 12-01-2021 at 12:57 PM..

Old 12-01-2021, 01:08 PM

73,129 posts, read 62,961,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So , are you denying that there has been a rise in crime and violence the last year ? Or just trying to normalize it ?
I'm saying that those cities have had alot of issues with Black on Black murder since the 1940s and 50s. It's been that way for decades.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:10 PM

27,321 posts, read 15,459,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Congrats Democrats, you did it, you broke virtually all previous jumps in the murder rate with an amazing 30% jump in just 1 year, special thanks to BLM for their part and the defund the police movement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...edgdhp&pc=U531
115 years of decaying morals and values will do that.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
115 years of decaying morals and values will do that.
115 years? What started in 1906?

Old 12-01-2021, 02:03 PM

11,969 posts, read 25,560,368 times
The large city in my metro area had 45 to 90 murders (usually 50 to 60 range) countywide until early 2010s. Then it got to 100. This year and last it's close to 200. Last year 1 in every 1,000 residents were injured by gunfire. This year several people have been killed on freeways by stray bullets fired off in drive bys. A couple weeks ago a road construction work was shot execution style after a robbery.

There are many individual issues I support Democrats on over GOP but the reality is D's are usually worse at running a local place. I know that things Ds support at federal level would help reduce violent crime - universal health care (including mental health care and drug rehab), tightening gun laws, etc. But nonetheless the usual D mayor reaction to local increases in violent crime is to increase virtual signaling while doing nothing that would actually work.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I know, right ?
Well, bringing up LBJ isn't going to work. Based on my research, there have been problems going on in the inner city Black neighborhoods long before that. Trying to blame welfare and LBJ for those problems, it sounds like a cop out to me.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:24 PM

11,969 posts, read 25,560,368 times
Was crime that high in Black majority areas before the 1960s? Seems like all the notorious criminals and gangs before then were all White people. Bank robbers, bootleggers, the mob, etc all those were White criminals. Seems like Black men who lacked an easy path to respect started emulating White gangster culture of the 1920s.

I'm not excusing any issues with criminality today in any culture. But it is factually true that cities with reliable stats like NYC were at least as dangerous and poor when the non White population was tiny pre 1970.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies