Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 06:40 PM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
I don't care who Blacks or anyone else votes for. That's a personal decision that's hopefully made by deciding for themselves who the best candidates are. I'm not even a Republican. For the record I grew up a J.F.K. Democrat but left the party when it began to lose the values of leaders like J.F.K., R.F.K., Harry S. Truman and Tip O'Neil. During a two decade career I was a law enforcement officer in three of the cities in the top ten. I've seen the results of the Great Society first hand. Welfare programs that broke up families and consequently made people of all races more dependent on the government. I've also dealt with the court systems that in all three of those cities were run by Democratic district attorney's and elected judges that were soft on crime. Johnson was sociopathic opportunist that cared for no one except himself. His social welfare policies have resulted in generations of poor minorities for the last fifty five years.

The Great Society aside, what is undeniable is that in 2021 large American cities run by Democrats with their failed policies have high crime rates. I'm not really a fan of Rudy Guiliani but when he was Mayor of New York City he ordered the NYPD to focus on high crime areas in the city and engage in community policing. The efforts of the NYPD were successful and street crimes were significantly reduced throughout the city. Flash forward twenty years and Bill de Blasio is the mayor. He ordered the NYPD to take a hands off approach to crime and violent crimes rose significantly. The absurd carnage that occurred on the streets of New York City and many other cities run by Democrats in 2020 exemplify their flawed policies that can't be blamed on Trump or any other Republican.
I was born during the 1980s, so I came up in the Clinton and Bush era.

When did you get into law enforcement? When did you retire? I have to ask because you blame the Great Society for this. I think this is just a copout. Black on Black violence has always been a problem in the inner city ghettos. Quincy Jones carried a knife to school, in Chicago, during the early 1940s. This was before he moved to Seattle. St. Louis, Memphis, those cities were rough places before the Great Society.

I looked up statistics regarding homicide during the 1950s and 60s. My source is the CDC. The Black homicide rate was always the highest among anyone in America. States like Missouri, Alabama, Texas, and Florida had some of the highest Black homicide rates in the USA. Notorious street gangs like the Vice Lords and Gangster Disciples, they were founded during the late 1950s/early 1960s, before the Great Society.

Memphis was a violent city from the beginning. During the early 20th century it was the murder capital of America. And this was BEFORE Prohibition.

As for the Black out of wedlock birth rates, that has always been higher than anyone else in America. There were generations of poverty and crime going on in the Black population before LBJ came along. If anything, there are more Blacks in the middle and upper classes now than in the years BEFORE LBJ. Guess what those who got into the middle and upper classes did. Many of those who made it left the inner city and went to the suburbs. Many underclass types stayed. As for those welfare programs, it is a choice to get on welfare. Before that, it was alot harder for Blacks in many states to get welfare. The rates of fatherlessness, the single motherhood rate, Black families were leading the country in those categories regardless. This was before any kind of welfare state. There were already alot of problems beforehand. As long as Blacks were kept segregated and on "their side of the tracks", no one cared. Whatever Black on Black homicide took place in the ghettos, no one cared.

Call Johnson an opportunist all you want. Last I checked, Barry Goldwater was against the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. Blame Goldwater for more and more Blacks defecting from the GOP. I don't care why Goldwater didn't support it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 08:10 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,390,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
And who was in office last year? Oh yes that's right ...
A whole lot of Democrats.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So that equates to about 5000 additional people murdered than the year before and blacks represent about half of the yearly murders so an additional 2500 blacks murdered. My theory is that all of those additional deaths can be attributed to reduced policing as promoted by BLM, so they have indirectly caused an additional 2500 deaths of blacks.
You're right about the cause, but the additional number of black murder victims is closer to 5000 because all of the increase in the murder total was due to an increase in murders by blacks.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
So we had a 'law and order' president, until law and order broke down and the homicide rate rose dramatically. Then it became the democrats fault.

Got it.
The President has no authority to stop local crime.

What is wrong with you?

Old 12-01-2021, 08:14 PM

30,473 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You're right about the cause, but the additional number of black murder victims is closer to 5000 because all of the increase in the murder total was due to an increase in murders by blacks.
Thanks for the correction, 5000 it is.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
A classic case of move the goalpost. Lets review.

1. Murders are up with Biden in office (OP statement)

2. But Biden wasn't in office in 2020, Trump was
3. It was still Biden's fault because he was on the "side lines"

Gotta love the logic. HAHA
The OP did not say number one, nor did he say number three. In fact, he didn't mention Biden at all. That is a really poor effort on your part.

The OP blamed it on Democrats, and he was correct.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Oh I follow. Nothing I wrote was biased.
It just isn't your narrative.
Except for the part where you claimed the OP said things he didn't say. That was extremely biased.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I wonder why that is? I would think that traffic would be slightly down with more people working from home and not getting out as much because of the pandy.
Deaths involving black drivers are up more than deaths involving drivers of other races, like perhaps blacks (on average) are just more exuberant or wilder these days as a result of the "racial reckoning" following the George Floyd incident.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:36 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Congrats Democrats, you did it, you broke virtually all previous jumps in the murder rate with an amazing 30% jump in just 1 year, special thanks to BLM for their part and the defund the police movement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...edgdhp&pc=U531
Working as intended. It's pretty obvious the goal of the Democratic party is nothing less than the destruction of this country. They are doing everything possible to make it happen.

Old 12-02-2021, 01:06 PM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Deaths involving black drivers are up more than deaths involving drivers of other races, like perhaps blacks (on average) are just more exuberant or wilder these days as a result of the "racial reckoning" following the George Floyd incident.
Black vehicle fatality rates tended to be similar to Whites. However, historically, Blacks were less likely to own cars than Whites. The recent spike, I tend to look at the pandemic. During the pandemic, many Whites and Asians worked remotely, and continue to do so. Blacks , on the other hand, were more likely to be on the roads than other groups. Why? Blacks have a higher likelihood of having jobs that cannot be done remotely. This increases one's likelihood of being around reckless drivers. And then consider that 24 percent of Uber drivers are Black (while being 13 percent of the U.S. population). This can open a person up to being on the road more frequently with reckless drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies