Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:37 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times

Advertisements

Why is it that the United States is always going out of its way to make things good for Israel? Just the other day Bush, just like numerous Presidents before him was over in Israel cozying up to their political leaders and telling them everything they wanted to hear. I just cannot seem to understand the purpose or rationality behind such a "Great Commitment" to Israel...a little dinky country the size of New Jersey. Quite frankly, I find the extent to which the United States goes to protecting, feeding and basically sustaining the very survival of this this little "pain in the butt" country sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Why is it that the United States is always going out of its way to make things good for Israel? Just the other day Bush, just like numerous Presidents before him was over in Israel cozying up to their political leaders and telling them everything they wanted to hear. I just cannot seem to understand the purpose or rationality behind such a "Great Commitment" to Israel...a little dinky country the size of New Jersey. Quite frankly, I find the extent to which the United States goes to protecting, feeding and basically sustaining the very survival of this this little "pain in the butt" country sickening.
You are kidding, right? Are you very young or just sadly misinformed about the world? Not trying to be mean-spirited - I am just genuinely curious.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:47 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I think it's because that country is an ally of the US, and because Jews hold position of influence and power in this country.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:59 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
The better question isn't why, because we know why, the better question is how blind can the rest of the country be to allow this sort of negligence? And it is negligence. It's essentially Phase II of The Holocaust except that it isn't happening to the Jews, but rather by them.

The new settlers to Palestine have neglected land laws, forced Palestinians (like my friend, Samuel) from their homes and into the streets, paved over Palestinian property for their own Israeli Jew to take over as his own.

In the case of my friend Sam, he was but a young boy when his father was forced from their home at gunpoint. Why? Because they weren't Jewish. When his father asked if he could return to the home to recover the family savings, their reply was, "Do it and we'll shoot you in the back."

All the while this goes on, the blame gets centered on the Arab world, as the State of Israel has been given a pass based on German annihilation during WWII and Arab distaste since mass-settler-ship. Essentially, it's the excuse to have a continued occupation -- each Palestinian citizen is treated as an animal

A really great movie I saw the other night was called Paradise Now. It was nominated for an Academy Award among others, it's a really great film. Striking and sad, it depicts the struggle of many Palestinians, and two, in particular, who wish to become suicide bombers -- It was boycotted by many Jewish groups, who in my estimation, did not see the movie, because it did not glorify suicide bombings AT ALL, in fact, just the opposite -- but alas, many people are unable to handle both sides to the story. A really great film though, guys, please see it.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:07 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Default proxy

Oh that easy. Israel until G.W. decided to take matters into his own hands, took care of certain situation for the U.S. Like Saddam Hussein's
Nuclear program. Basically slapped Egypt around enough so they sued for peace. And switched from being the soviets allies to the Americans. And Israel will probably take care of the whole Iranian Nuclear reactor weapon program thing in the next couple of years. Basically they are our proxy in the middle east.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
we don't have a lot of friends.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:12 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Many of the unAmerican neo-con-munists directly benefit from a weaker America as a result of Israel draining our Treasury.

Also, the evangelical vote prays for Jesus's return and believe they are doing God's good work by supporting Israel to speed up His second coming during end times.

Ironically, many of these evangelicals may encounter an unpleasant surprise when meeting their maker, as God doesn't like his servants believing they can directly influence His will.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:57 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,101 times
You're kidding, we give more financial aid to the terrorist Palestinians than to Israel. IMO, we should just let Israel go crazy and bomb all of them...we're holding them back.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:03 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Its annoying how some have portrayed anyone who doesnt gush over Israel as unamerican or unpatriotic.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:04 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
You're kidding, we give more financial aid to the terrorist Palestinians than to Israel. IMO, we should just let Israel go crazy and bomb all of them...we're holding them back.
Oh please,
we've armed Israel to the teeth.

they can take care of themselves without us policing the neighborhood to our own detriment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies