Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 09:46 PM

26,878 posts, read 22,743,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Sorry to say that, but your comments shows your ignorance on this subject.
Sure, I've already heard your laments before how everyone is "ignorant" and "brainwashed" and "have no idea" and "oh so wrong" - everyone but you, since you are the only one that has the "higher knowledge" of things.

I am aware of that much, but please do go on.

Quote:
You have an ordinary philistine and materialistic view of things and only see the obvious surface by which you judge the depths of the Russian soul.
I am explaining to you, patiently, that not everyone in Russia has this "great depth of soul," while you are going by the typical Russian cliches that your head is so full of.

Quote:
The so called New Russians are not the cultural gene pool of the Russian people.
Well whatever, but they rule the country and define her policies now, unfortunately so.

Quote:
But nevertheless, you generalize and evaluate the entire Russian people by this minority.
Don't know who is minority and who is majority there, but they are definitely in charge.

Quote:
Looks like you know very little about Russian culture, which has had an impact on the Russian mentality as well. But you like to argue about things that you don't know much about, trying to change the idea of the interlocutor in your own way.
Right.

I need to remember that you know it all, otherwise you will start lamenting again about total ignorance around you, since you are the one and only enlightened one.

Quote:
You once said that you communicate with the "Russian intelligentsia", from whom you get great ideas.
No I didn't. I actually told you that I don't communicate with anyone already for long time, but you couldn't get even that one straight, apparently.

Quote:
Now I know who they are.
No you don't, for the reason I just mentioned above.

(Oh jeez, I need another snack from the cupboard now - those smyrna figs are awesome, but meanwhile you can come up with more cliches, lamenting and accusations - something in that order. )

Let's be entertaining here, if nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 10:03 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,850,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Sure, I've already heard your laments before how everyone is "ignorant" and "brainwashed" and "have no idea" and "oh so wrong" - everyone but you, since you are the only one that has the "higher knowledge" of things.

I am aware of that much, but please do go on.

I am explaining to you, patiently, that not everyone in Russia has this "great depth of soul," while you are going by the typical Russian cliches that your head is so full of.

Well whatever, but they rule the country and define her policies now, unfortunately so.

Don't know who is minority and who is majority there, but they are definitely in charge.

Right.

I need to remember that you know it all, otherwise you will start lamenting again about total ignorance around you, since you are the one and only enlightened one.

No I didn't. I actually told you that I don't communicate with anyone already for long time, but you couldn't get even that one straight, apparently.

No you don't, for the reason I just mentioned above.

(Oh jeez, I need another snack from the cupboard now - those smyrna figs are awesome, but meanwhile you can come up with more cliches, lamenting and accusations - something in that order. )

Let's be entertaining here, if nothing else.
Ok, relax. Everyone loves you. You are smart, knowledgeable and beautiful.
Now take your snack and figs and move on.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:16 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,962,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
What exactly is this war going to be over? Land?
It has nothing to do with protecting our borders. That's all that matters.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Ok, relax. Everyone loves you. You are smart, knowledgeable and beautiful.

I never mentioned THAT, but now that I think about it...

Quote:
Now take your snack and figs and move on.
Figs ARE my snack - will you ever get it straight Musiqum?

Old 02-14-2022, 03:04 AM

7,418 posts, read 2,727,402 times
Easy to spot the authoritarian addicted Carlson Cult, on this thread, as they spread his anti-democratic/anti-American sentiment & talking points, while whole heartedly engaging in promoting prolific propaganda from the enemies of the USA & her European allies.

Russia is mounting a major aggressive war against Ukraine. Full Stop.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-14-2022 at 03:23 AM..

Old 02-14-2022, 04:03 AM

26,705 posts, read 15,252,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Easy to spot the authoritarian addicted Carlson Cult, on this thread, as they spread his anti-democratic/anti-American sentiment & talking points, while whole heartedly engaging in promoting prolific propaganda from the enemies of the USA & her European allies.

Why do we need to go to war over Ukraine?

If Russia is so bad why does Europe choose to buy more and more energy from Russia?

Why does Joe Biden enable that European dependence on Russia?

If Democracy is so valuable, why did the US in 2014 assist a coup against a democratically elected Ukrainian government?

Is it not authoritarian to shut down people trying to talk us out of war? Talk us out of mandates?

Old 02-14-2022, 04:06 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,410,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It has nothing to do with protecting our borders. That's all that matters.
Exactly, it's none of our damn business and the cynic in me says it has everything to do with old man Biden and Son's Ukraine corruption. Somebody owes somebody.

Are you people getting it now why 'they' wanted Trump out so badly and had to resort to fraud to do it? Trump was on the verge of closing in on exactly what was going on with that issue....that's why they had to fake impeach him when they did.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 02-14-2022 at 04:23 AM..

Old 02-14-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why do we need to go to war over Ukraine?

If Russia is so bad why does Europe choose to buy more and more energy from Russia?

Because economywise it's viable for them, and because THEIR people ( the Germans, the French, the Italians) are invited to sit on the board of directors of the major Russian energy companies.
Heck, even Macron decided "me and Angela were drinking tea with Putin all these years, sure I can go and talk to him what the heck this is all about, what kind of "aggression" everyone is screaming about?"

So he went to Kremlin, and surprise-surprise, when they talked on the record, I noticed that they address each other informally, since both languages have casual and formal way of addressing the opponent. They both talk to each other in informal way, so no mistake there.

Quote:
Why does Joe Biden enable that European dependence on Russia?
He didn't.

Or rather there was not much he could do, because Europeans were always getting Russian gas before and were dependent on it, but it was shipped through Ukraine.

What happened THIS TIME AROUND, was that Russians decided to skip Ukraine as a transit point and to ship it to Germany directly. And THAT'S what this howling is all about.

Quote:
If Democracy is so valuable, why did the US in 2014 assist a coup against a democratically elected Ukrainian government?
You know the answer to this yourself.

Quote:
Is it not authoritarian to shut down people trying to talk us out of war? Talk us out of mandates?
Soon you'll be announced as the "enemy of the state," if you won't toe the "party line")))

Old 02-14-2022, 10:38 AM

1,903 posts, read 671,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
And how is that different than the US, a nuclear power, who has only been expanding militarily ever since?

The US has military bases all around the world, has actually USED nukes and came close to use it a second time, is fueling conflicts all around the world, has been in wars for practically the entirety of its existence and killed millions in the past 2 decades?

Yet Russia is the evil one.
You do not need to be in wars to kill and kill on a large scale.

The US has bases around the world, but for a while, the Soviet Union had entire countries, re: Warsaw Pact.

The US used nukes for what reason?

In order to expand Marxism, did the Soviet Union do it peacefully? Or by fueling conflicts around the world? Same with being in wars. The SU was pretty much engaging in wars in its entire existence. Proxy wars, they are called.

If people around the world considers Russia 'evil', that is their opinions. Same with when some people considers the US 'evil'.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:52 AM

5,205 posts, read 4,698,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

As I mentioned in another thread, the sad state of affairs in America is that we are now divided into a pro Russia and pro China camp. I don't see anyone really pro America anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies